Bronze Axes Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey folks, this is my first post here! Anyway, I've recently come up with a new space marines chapter and started slapping an army together. Here's the fluff behind them.

The Bronze Axes space marines chapter, trained heavily in city combat, were dispatched to a hive world on the fringe of imperial space to exterminate a spreading Tyranid infestation, set up their chapter headquarters there, and defend the local planets from Tyranid invasions. The Tyranid hive fleet, nicknamed "Borealis", which was attacking the hive world, was much larger than origionally expected, and quickly overran the hive world, killing over 95% of its civilian inhabitants. The remaining imperial citizens were moved to Bronze Axe strongholds. As Borealis expanded to other nearby planets, supply lines to the Bronze Axes were cut off. One by one, the Bronze Axes strongholds were overrun, until eventually, only "Gallant", the Bronze Axes chapter headquarters remained. The Bronze Axes' mission has been reduced to a losing battle for the very survival of the once proud chapter. Of it's origonal 1000 battle brothers, only a little over 400 remain. The remaining warriors have become experts in the arts of combating Tyranids, but who knows how long they can hold out against the impossible odds presented to them?

The Bronze Axes' color scheme mainly includes black and bronze. Their armor is split down the middle, with the right side bronze and the left side black. Each battle brother wears the head of a gaunt from hive fleet Borealis on his left or right shoulder. The Tyranids from Borealis have deep purple flesh with bone colored crests. The few dreadnoughts and tanks remaining in the Bronze Axes' arsenal use chitin crests from larger Tyranid creatures to reinforce their damaged armor.

Bronze Axes Special Rules:
    Preferred Enemy: Tyranids
    Honor Unto Death: 1 less elite, heavy support, and fast attack choice allowed

What do you think? I've already started converting and painting my veteran squad, and they look pretty good so far. I'll post some pictures later.

I really am great, aren't I?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Well it is appropriate, Tyranids do tend to wipe out Chapters (Emperor's Scythes, Lamenters) so them being reduced in strength is appropriate.Also Fluffwise they should also not be the only Marines fighting the entire Hive Fleet since those tend to be a little too big for one Chapter to handle, even if that Chapter is suitably experienced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I like the fluff fine.It's perfectly beleivable that a single marine chapter would be responsible for taking out a Hive fleet, especialy considering they thought the hive fleet was much smaller then it actualy was.The Imperium would undoubtedly be sending in reinforcements at this point,but there's no telling how long it'll take for them to get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if history is full of (admittedly somewhat fictionalised) examples of small forces taking on massive groups and bleeding them white, then surely fiction can be excused for doing the same thing.Thermopylae and Agincourt leap to mind.

The Bronze Axes chapter holding a vital world against Hive Fleet Borealis seems to be right on the money.

(In an interesting historical aside: in the wake of Agincourt, Henry V actually apologised to the French Court for having slaughtered so much of their nobillity at Agincourt)
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

+ Reply to Thread