In The End.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In The End....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In WH40K there are heaps of different armies with different histories and rules. Space Marines are super-humans, created for the distruction of the Emperor's Enemies. Imperial Guard are simple human soldiers, the defenders of the Imperium. The Eldar are a small race in search of revenge from the vile humans. Dark Eldar are lost Eldar, raiding enemy planets and enjoy torturing enemies. The Chaos are evil rebels of the Imperium who found a gate way to hell and back. The Tau are a young race who have discovered great technologies and weaponary beyond the galaxy. Orks are viciously brutal creatures who live to fight. (fight like an ork, ork like a fight )Witch Hunters and Deamon Hunters are of the Imperium, and live to serve the Emperor's wishes.

However, there are two armies that I have not mentioned. I have not mentioned them because they are not like these armies listed above. No, they are different. You see, all the armies above have a certain fate. Their fate is simple and can be described in one word : death For you see, these armies are not immortal. Their soldiers are numbered and soon their empires will collapse. This, however, will not hapen to the two armies which haven't been described. These great armies are none other than the robotic, chaotic Necrons and the biologically horrifying Tyranids.

You see, the Tyranids and the Necrons will never die. The Hive Mind will continue to create Tyranid organisms constantly. It shall never rest until its job is complete : wipe out all threats to it and consume all in its path. The Tyranids destroy planets at a time, stripped all the bio-mass from them. They will then harness the life-forms within to create larger Tyranid creatures to go forth and attack another planet, preparing it for the hive mind to consume and destroy. This mad cycle will continue forever, never stopping and always hungering.

The Necrons are almost identical. Their purpose is to destroy all life to leave themselves the champions of the universe. Th robots will continue to repair themselves, create themselves and fight. Nothing will stop them from wiping out entire races. The Tyranids and the Necrons are similar, they re-create themselves until all enemies are destroyed. However, when the two enormous empires clash, all hell will break loose.

The winner of this enormous battle will be unknown due to the fact that each army will repair themselves and create more of themselves until the enemy is vanquished. The only way for this large war to end would be for a small pack of brave troops to venture deep into space, towards of the Hive Mind or Necropolis, find the heart of the enemies civilisation and construction, and destroy it!

This would be impossible, however, because guarding the Hive Mind and Necropolis would be billions of organisms or constructions, awaiting their ships to take them to battle. The Hive Mind would be guarded by foul pits and death traps, followed by large bio-titans, whereas the centre of the Necrons would be guarded by high-tech machinery and turrets. Deadly terrain and vicious guards would stand at the gates of Necropolis, denying entry to their enemies.

And so I conclude my message. You shall now know that in the end, once all is lost, two great armies will clash. They shall never rest, but continue until eventually time itself will end and both armies wil finally rest. For you see, in the end, the age old question will be finally answered.

Which is stronger?rganisms or Machines?

"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Well, actually, Orks could be considered to be "immortal" in a sense...there are countless threads that I've seen about it, too. You can exterminate them on one planet, and a few years later they'll just pop up again. Talk about pests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The necrons would win. The tyranids would eventualy run out of stuff to harvest (and because the necrons are made from medal so the tyranids coulden't harvest them.)

AS for orks heres my analagy for them,

OEks are green, weeds are green. There are lots of orks. There are lots of weeds. No matter how many time you beat the ork civilization down it rises back up. Every time you kill a weed it comese back up.

And finaly.......

Orks are pests. Weeds are pests.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...... :ph34r:
    Tau'n Expeditionary force:
    W/L/T
    Marines:4/1/1
    IG:2/0/0
    Chaos:1/1/0

Iron Warriors:
    W/L/T
    Marines:3/0/1
    IG:0/0/1
    Tau:0/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The Tyranids -can- be destroyed. They are finite in number, just impossibly numerous, and as for reproducing, they require new planets and biomass to do it, so if they were ever prevented from stripping worlds for a long period of time, they'd run out of resources and stop breeding.

I saw an interesting theory once that the orks would kill the 'nids. I thought it was really interesting, though I didn't agree with all of it. Remember that orks would slaughter the Imperium if they ever united, well, it was hypothesised that orks are like a giant immune system. If a single race ever tries to conquer large portions of the galaxy, they're going to threaten the orks, who will have to band together. The bigger the threat, the more orks band together to confront it. A threat to the entire galaxy, like the Tyranids, would draw together massive numbers of orks, possibly enough to stop the hive fleets altogether.

It kinda makes sense. Remember the orks were created by some now-extinct race, which presumably means there was some purpose to their creation in the first place.

As for necrons.. I don't really know too much about necrons, but I'm not sure how they could even be destroyed. Hmm.. If C'tan can consume other C'tan, I suppose you could just build some giant energy-sucking weapon and then, when the C'tan was forced out of its body, you suck it up.. kinda ghostbusters style.

It's all hypothetical anyway. GW will never bring it to that stage, because the other races are the ones which sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can exterminate them on one planet, and a few years later they'll just pop up again. Talk about pests.
    Whoop-de-whoo, wont help much if the planet no longer has its atmosphere or the top few miles of its crust.

Also, if all the nids in the galaxy were killed, it doesnt mean they lost. For all we know the Milky Way is one of the last places in the universe tyranids have yet to consume. Im willing to bet that for every ork, there are a hundred thousand nids.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I should just dig up one of my old posts on the subject... But I'll just write the short version:

Tyranids will win. They evolve and breed at a faster rate than anything else (well, Orks breed pretty much as fast =), and their numbers are incalculable (well, so are the Orks). Both Imperial and Eldar sources concur on the graveness of the Tyranid threat.

A mere scouting fleet almost devoured Macragge.

A single tendril of a hivefleet almost destroyed Iyanden.

Almost, thanks to fluff-writers out to keep status quo writing in last-minute heroic saviours. The Imperial Navy battlefleet from Bakka managed to penetrate the Shadow of the Warp, and the sacrifice of the Navy flagship saved Ultramarine bacon. A renegade Eldar decided to pity his Craftworld and came to their help with his Pirate fleet, amongst the most extensive of its kind.

The only way this galaxy could conceivably survive would be if the Imperium, Tau and Eldar, perhaps even the smartest Orks, allied to defeat the Tyranids. Their alliance would be short-lived, falling apart as soon as victory was in sight, allowing the Tyranids to survive as pests, much like the Orks.

However, it's unlikely this would happen. As such, whilst the galaxy is fighting amongst itself the Tyranid will keep consuming, evolving to perfection. As soon as it has devoured the vast majority of this galaxy it will leave, Necrons ruling the barren airless spheres of rock left behind. Humans and other sentient life would survive on planets the Tyranid deemed too hostile to be worth the effort, Chaos remain in the safety of the Warp but greatly weakened due to the loss of worshippers.

Orks might be weeds, but even weeds need soil to grow on. If that soil is eaten, the Ork spores are eaten. There's nothing the Orks could sprout from on a world consumed by Tyranids. They eat everything, stripping planets to the bedrock, draining the oceans, breathing in the atmosphere, until all that is left is a barren, airless rock where nothing will ever thrive again.

That is what the Tyranid uses as building blocks for its body, the swarms of Rippers and Gaunts, the Warriors, the Tyrants, the Hiveships themselves.

From a single agriworld slightly smaller than Terra, a single hivefleet removed insane amounts of materials and gases in under a hundred days, and even the entire might of Adeptus Mechanicus wouldn't accomplish this given a decade:

Originally posted by WD 255UK
    1.55 billion cubic km water, one cubic km of seawater weighs over 1 trillion kg

8.67 billion cubic km gases, theoretically reducable to one tenth of the volume. Weight not listed.

72 million cubic km soil and minerals, one cubic km weighs over 1.4 trillion kg.
    --- That's a whole lot of building blocks... Which can be bred into lethal Tyranid organisms in a mere fraction of the time required to grow and equip a human being into a semi-effective soldier. Orkoids breed faster than man, but lack the evolutionary capabilities of the Tyranids.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Tyranid, the ultimate predatory organism, shall prevail.

Luckily, GW is unlikely to allow 40K to end anytime soon, and thus we will have a long time to enjoy the Prey-That-Fights! (Y)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Jan 14 2005, 00:39
    Chaos remain in the safety of the Warp but greatly weakened due to the loss of worshippers.
    [snapback]302267[/snapback]
    Chaos, as it exists in 40k, is made from human and eldar emotions. Without humans and eldar, it's concievable the chaos gods would no longer exist.

Pretty ironic, considering their desire to destroy both races.

However, you can't kill chaos either. The warp is eternal, even if the things which shape it aren't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

And now I think about it.. let's not forget the humans.

Okay, humans as they stand at the moment are rubbish, they're a dying species, under attack by all sides and slowly losing out.

But consider that the Emperor was literally god-like. Now, the emperor (I think, according to the fluff I've read) was just a fully realised and evolved psychic, meaning it's quite feasable that, as mankind progresses on its evolutionary journey, another individual of comprable power to the Emperor could spring up.. and another, and another.

Just a theory, don't hit me with sticks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone will ever really win. I think that, eventually, the races will destroy eachother. But if I had to guess, I would say that eventually either Chaos, or the Necrons would win. On a longshot, I'd say either the orks or the tyranids, because they grow so fast, and their are already so many of them. :rolleyes:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:orange'>Ancient Proverb: There is No Arguing With the Barrel of a Gun.</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Noboy&#39;s ever gonna win this thing, but I feel I should defend my favoured race a little here. Humans are far from a dieing species. humans and &#39;nids are more alike then any two other races in the universe. Both species multiply at alarming rates,both are constantly evolving to adapt to different situations,although the &#39;nids do it a bit faster. Both species continueously expand outwards,comsuming all the rescources on any planet they come across. The only difference here is that humans destroy anything they can&#39;t use, and &#39;nids can use pretty much everything.The advantage &#39;nids have over humans is that they&#39;re more effeicient organisms. The advantage humans have is thier indomitable will. Back a human into a corner,and it fights even harder, back a &#39;nid into a corner,and it doesn&#39;t even realise there is a corner.Having no concept of itself as an individual,it doesn&#39;t realise that it&#39;s in personal danger.

As for the original question however, I think the &#39;nids would eventualy win out. The Necrons have a central base of operations,a point from which all of thier forces originate.If you can find this place and destroy it,the &#39;crons are rendered useless and easily hunted down.The tyranids have the hive mind,which is a collective conciousness and not a physical entity.There&#39;s no way you can eliminate that unless you can manage to simultaneously kill every tyranid in existence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast