B.a. Commander Of The 3rd... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can you suggest about creating Blood Angels Commander of the 3rd Company??As a special character..?

Fluff or Sp. Abilities..?

“Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation. We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me.?

Primarch Sanguinius of the Blood Angels

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, how about this:

Commander Eluatien of the Blood Angels third company.

- As a scout or perhaps an assault marine, he had a close run in with the Red Thirst, but narrowly avoided succumbing to it. He fears that he (and by extension the rest of the Chapter) might degenerate into a bloodthirsty monster and does his best to purge his company of the Thirst. He avoids close combat whenever he can, prefering to focus on the pinpont destruction of the enemy with heavy firepower at range.

- Eluatien is always accompanied by a command squad with an Apothecary, charged with closely monitoring the purity and stability of the Marines under Eluatien's command.

- In battle he relies on Devestators and Razorbacks to support his tactical marines, backed up by surgical strikes by Typhoon land speeders.

- He orders the euthanization of all Blood Angels in his company who succumb to the Red Thirst and will not permit the Death Company to be fielded under his command. He may even secretly have ordered the destruction of Death Company Gene Seed.

(Eluatien is a High Gothic bastardisation of the latin word for Arrogance)
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so cool fluff... I really liked it...

So how about rules??

What about Black Rage tests?? What about Death Company..? I can't decide to take or not take Black Rage test before the battle... (According to Rules...)
    “Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation. We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Black Rage tests?? What about Death Company..? I can't decide to take or not take Black Rage test before the battle... (According to Rules...)
    That depends on how far you want to take the idea. I'm not entirely up to speed on Blood Angel special rules, so you will have to help me out.

Perhaps Eluatien orders that any Blood Angels who succumb to the Red Thirst be euthanised. Ie, remove them from your force. Perhaps you could say that any army lead by Eluatien may take 0-4 dreadnaughts as elite units or 0-4 vehicles from the heavy support section to compensate. You would need to get your opponent to agree, and you would need to play test to see how many Blood Angels you lose on average to discover how many extra dreadnaughts or vehicles would counterballance this.

Alternatively, you could just use Codex Space Marines and paint them like Blood Angels.

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... What about another concept..?? Becouse Black Rage is the main theme of the BA... And i really like Blood Angels...

What can you suggest..??

Like CC master... or such... two power wps... Fluff plz...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with another CC special character in the Blood Angels is that they seem to have a large number of them already. But we can give this a try anyway...

Lets try it this way: what sort of wargear do you like to give to your commander?

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be becouse of BAs are Close Combat masters... And if they take Dev. Squads this could be problem becouse of Red Thirst...
    Btw...
    Mmm...

Two CC wps... Artificer Armour... no jump pack and such... And i think he must be independent character...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good rule of thumb when creating custom Special Characters is to find existing rules and rename them, but keep the core mechanics.

So we have the game effects of Artificer armour (2+ save) and a pair of close combat weapons (call them Master crafted lightning claws). We need to add some sort of Blood Angel flavour to the mix, so take a look at your Codex and pick a piece of signiature Blood Angel gear. Then get back to me.

For now, how about this name for beginners?

Captain Ionamar, Master of the Sanguinian Blade

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signiture battle gears... mmm...

Death Mask... which gives -1 morale to breaking enemies in CC... (ie. Lord Commander Dante have Death Mask of Sanguinius...)

Holy Grail... Most Sacred Artifact of Blood Angels... Which only Sanguinary Priests and Chaplains can take... (ie. Brother Corbulo has Red Grail...)

Maybe i can take wings instead of jump pack... But he must be independent character...

And blades instead of lightning claws...

That name is really good for begining...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this a bit of cliche, and especially so for Blood Angels, but what the hey...

Ionamar stood atop the burning wreck of the Necron Monolith. All about him the Blood Angel assault on the Necron tomb world of Hiu XIX was entering its final phase. After he had personally destroyed the Monolith, ending the stream of skeletal machines onto the battlefield, his strike force had gained the upper hand, and the final pockets of Necron resistance were even now being wiped out.

Studies of the orbital auspexes had convinced him that all the Necron Tombs on Hiu XIX had been accounted for. Once this last pocket of resistance had been dealt with, this world would be cleansed of the Necron threat.

The distant howl of Gauss fire drew his keen eye. A tall figure wrapped in ancient faded robes was mustering the remaining Necron warriors for one last ditch assault. He recognised the figure marshalling the assault. Codenamed Toth by Imperial forces, the Necron leader had so far evaded Ionamar's every attempt at his destruction. The Blood Angel's lips spread in a grimace that had nothing to do with a smile.

As the bloated red sun rose over the battlefield he hefted the Sanguinian Blade, ancient and secret artefact of the Chapter, spread his wings and took to the skies. The Necron Lord would fall this day, in the Emperor's name he swore it would be so!

Captain Ionamar, Master of the Sanguinian Blade

Cursed and blessed with the same mutation as the Primarch so many millenia before him, Ionamar leads the Blood Angel's third company in a secret crusade far from the prying eyes of the Inquisition. Armed with an ancient and secret chapter relic, he fights a crusade for which he can never be acknowledged, nor honoured.

Special Rules
    The Blessings of Sanguinius
    Ionamar has wings. These allow him to move as if equipped with a jump pack.
    In addition, the power of the Martyred Primarch lives in Ionamar's veins, protecting him from harm. To reflect this, his armour save is increased to 2+, and he gains a 4+ invulnerable save against all damage.

The Sanguinian Blade
    This long blade weapon has lain in a secret chamber beneath Baal for millenia, only carried in battle by the few Blood Angel's who have ever manifested the Blessing of Sanguinius. Rumoured to have been forged by the Primarch himself for a chosen lieutenant during the Great Crusade, the Sanguinian Blade is a fiery two handed weapon that gives Ionamar +1 A. He may one to hit roll per turn, as well as all rolls to wound. The weapon has an armour penetration of 8+2d6 (and is subject to the normal rules for melta weapons).

Point cost: Blood Angel Captain+Master-Crafted Twin Lightning Claws+Artificer Armour+Iron Halo+Melta Bombs

(I know I'm bad...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast