Space Marine Armour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Does anybody remember any of the sites that explain what each part of the armour does? I'm actuly looking for information on the backpack. As far as I can remember the backpack provides power for all the suits little motors and life support systems, but I'm not sure. A lot of my marines have wings,which of course leaves no room for a backpack, so I'm trying to see if it's possible for them to manage without it or if I'll have to figure out a way to mount the backpacks on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

well they need the packs cause its the power core for the suit. you could remodel it on another part of the body or make it smaller in order to fit between the wings.

its actually kinda strange since at some points in fluff, marines are in their working armor but minus the power pack. really starnge...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try googlesearching, i did see someone actually draw out the whole thing with labels as to what each did.

as to the powerpacks, you can get away without using them, there are so many armour variants kicking round the imperium, no-one's gonna call you on it. they can manage. think mastercrafted suits.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

a.k.a. artificer armor
    but even then you got some with the power pack. personally when i dont want the pack on the back, i split it in half and attach each halh to the legs or arms but i have it integrated with the limbs so that the model doesnt look less manouvarable...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

If you read "Mk2" and "Mk7", it tells you a lot of the functions of individual suit parts, including the backpack.

http://home.planet.nl/~jon69015/40K/ARMOUR.HTM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

From what I can recall using the basic functions of power armour (ie moving, lifting, protection from the crazed alien with the sharp pointy sword, Etc) Dosent require a power pack (Which is why most inquisitor models in power armour dont have the power pack.) However in order to use all the suits additonal systems such as sensors (External and internal) and the strength enhancing exoskeleton you need a powerpack to get them to operate.
    Ask not the ruleboys a question for they shall give you three answers each true and terrifying to behold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it says in the shooting section of the 3rd edition rulebook.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link to page with parts of a Space Marine, hope this helps

click on that then click on Index Astartes Database, then put your cursor on the space marine and it will come up with info on that part
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that kinda doesnt tell us anything. just the names of the parts. Auto-Responsive Shoulderpads? yeh, whatevah
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

+ Reply to Thread