Saving The Emperor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to ask if the Emperor could have been Dreadnought-ised. It seems a bit pointless to let him just die. I mean, he was still alive when Rogal found him.

By the way, is anyone else on first-name-terms with the Primarchs?

WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Hoping to win my first game!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically hes not dead, his body is but his soul lives on guiding the Imperium with the Astronomican. And I read somewhere that many unsanctioned psykers have their souls fed to him each day to keep him alive.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Yup. He's still alive, but only because the golden throne keeps him alive, and yes, he is fed the souls of thousands of psychics to keep himself going (those who are too weak or dangerous to join the astronomicon choir.) His immense psychic presence is still there and that's what keeps the Astronomicon working, though whether he actually has any independent thought any more, who knows.

As for making him a dreadnought, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess he was too far gone even for that by the time they got him to the throne. Remember that the throne itself is probably arcane and high tech enough to make your average dreadnought look like a rust-bucket, so clearly only the best archeotech was suitable for keeping the Emperor alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by The_Giant_Mantis@Jan 17 2005, 06:47

As for making him a dreadnought, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess he was too far gone even for that by the time they got him to the throne. Remember that the throne itself is probably arcane and high tech enough to make your average dreadnought look like a rust-bucket, so clearly only the best archeotech was suitable for keeping the Emperor alive.
    [snapback]304457[/snapback]
    agreed
    "In a large war, the tanks only battle the tanks, its up to the footsloggers to win the war" -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PErsonely i see no poin in letting the emperor live on. WHen he dies he is reborn, right? So let him die and find him again. (A super human savior guy shouldent be that hard to find. If they can find 20 primarches they should find the emperor easily) I've seen a nice compirasy theory that i liked alot that kind of relates to this, ill post it once i find it.

Edit:Found it Heresy Truth
    Tau'n Expeditionary force:
    W/L/T
    Marines:4/1/1
    IG:2/0/0
    Chaos:1/1/0

Iron Warriors:
    W/L/T
    Marines:3/0/1
    IG:0/0/1
    Tau:0/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but in the time it takes to find him mass panic would have started the imperium would be in chaos no one would listen to the word of the inquisition if the emporer were to die
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to mention if the Ordo hereticus did hear of some super psyker and went to investigate they might end up killing him again just because that&#39;s what they do.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sound of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts
    And tore the world asunder.

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

One of the reasons why there are so many divisions in the inquisition is due to the fact that the emperor&#39;s body has now healed and that they can actually revive him but some of them don&#39;t want.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Mikhail The Heretic@Jan 21 2005, 18:25
    One of the reasons why there are so many divisions in the inquisition is due to the fact that the emperor&#39;s body has now healed and that they can actually revive him but some of them don&#39;t want.
    [snapback]308682[/snapback]
    Why the Eye of Terror not? Come on, who can actually say that they prefer their demi-God/Ruler as a vegetable, and not a living, speaking, person?
    WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Hoping to win my first game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

So many reasons to keep the Emporer plugged into the throne. For one,if the Emporer comes back,the High Lords are no longer in charge. I don&#39;t really think they&#39;d be willing to hand over leadership of the largest empire in the galaxy. Aslo there&#39;s a lot of debate amongst the important people on Terra as to what would happen if they tried to unhook him. Some think it would be a good thing, some think he might die altogether, some realise how much things will change if he where to come back and don&#39;t like it, some have too much to lose to risk it.Plus the moment he leaves the golden throne, the universe&#39;s largets lighthouse dies out,and instantly all travel in the Imperium shuts down.Without this guiding light troops can&#39;t be moved and planets can&#39;t communicate.All trading lanes are lost.Those already in the warp at the moment can&#39;t find thier way out,those outside are too afraid to go in.Mass panic ensues.Whole systems break down and without the ability to warp-jump, military units can&#39;t respond fast enough.Even if the Emporer does manage to step in and fix things,it would take systems near the edge of the Imperium hundreds of years to recieve the news.The Emporer is not leaving his seat for a very,very long time unless something very drastic happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast