Death Dealers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Dealers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Flaws in the Chapter:
    The Death Dealers Chapter was founded during the now infamous Cursed Founding and like the other Chapters founded in that era it is flawed in that the second heart pumps the blood far too fast leading to heart attacks and uncontrollable bleeding, In addition to hormones that increase their muscle mass and aggression. Sadly the two combined makes the warriors of the Chapter rather short lived for Space Marines so their battle brothers prefer to burn brightly while they still can.

Geneseed:
    Unknown *mutation detected*

Deployment:
    Much of the Chapter is kept in stasis between battles with only a caretaker force to ensure they are woken up in time, Death Dealers have no time for rituals their church to the Emperor is upon the battlefield where they will give their lives in his name.

"Friends" in high places:
    The Inquisition are reasonably confident that the Death Dealers will wipe themselves out with their lust for a quick death. There are also great advantages to having a Chapter of Marines that doesn't really care about it's losses.

I still hate Twiglets!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Heh, nice.Sorta reminds me of the chapter that was prone to spontaneous combustion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x2)

thanks that was part of the inspiration for this really messed up Chapter along with ideas borrowed from Inquisitor Chrono Gladiators and the Last Chancers

Last Chancers in the sense that they are pretty sure they won’t live long even if they survive the battle

Chrono Gladiators in the sense that by being in battle they cheat the Curse by dying an honourable death

plus i’ve always figured that dying of an illness must be a truly horrifying prospect to a Space Marine

finally that the "Halls of the Emperor" sound a lot like the Viking Heaven (Valhalla) or if you will the Klingon Heaven (no idea how to spell it) where those who die in battle are given a special honor
    I still hate Twiglets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

It is a little odd by classical Space Marine standards however compared to Flesh Tearers and some of the Cursed Founding it is quite moderate.

The idea of them going to a better afterlife if they die in battle is very compatable with the existing fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Excellent.. Are you going to make them under cursed founding rules?

I'd recommend the minotaurs' ability, I think it's pretty fluffy.

One other thing, do these guys have a homeworld? It strikes me they'd need to recruit a lot of guys to replenish their losses. If you plan on expanding this any further, I'd include something about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

It works, but if you want to keep it exactly to what you've written then one more defect is necessary. Space Marine blood is produced via the Larramans organ, that makes it clot on contact with most atmospheres. In order for them to bleed to death something has to be wrong with that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shadows Coil@Jan 18 2005, 22:17
    finally that the "Halls of the Emperor" sound a lot like the Viking Heaven (Valhalla) or if you will the Klingon Heaven (no idea how to spell it) where those who die in battle are given a special honor
    [snapback]306405[/snapback]
    Not to get off-topic, but Klingon heaven is called Sto'Vo'Kor.

I agree with what everyone said above. Such a chapter would be in line with the Flesh Tearers and other Cursed Foundings. You just have to find another defect that would allow that uncontrollable bleeding, maybe give them a homeworld. These guys would have a very high casualty rate, so constant recruitment would be necessary.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real!
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x2)

ok well this is what i have so far-

the Death Dealers are a fleet based and recruit from several worlds

the Chapter seperated into 5 companies, 4 clan companies (which are roughly tactical companies) and a larger 5th scout company which is currently over 300 strong (scouts are spared from the curse)

speaking of the curse, it’s worse than my initial post made it out to be it’s not so much a heart attack and internal bleeding as it is a heart and or blood vessels exploding
    I still hate Twiglets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok an exploding heart is a bit worse than a heart attack... How about you make their Librarian Psychic Power have the same effect on their enemies?

Heretic- "but the Emperor is dead!"

Librarian- "I find your lack of Faith Disturbing"

*Heretic explodes*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x2)

making people explode sounds like a lot of fun but i'm not sure which list to use yet, it's a close call between Cursed Founding Minotaurs and Chaos Space Marines
    I still hate Twiglets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast