The War-torn Universe Of The 42nd Millennium - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

A thought about dates. Abaddon's Black Crusade apparently takes place in 999.M41. Does this mean that they're shift the dates onto the 42nd millenium? Warhammer 41,000 doesn't have quite the same ring to it :wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Not everything takes place in the 41st Millenium.. There are battle reports and stories that take place anywhere from the 36th to the 42nd Millenium... Not much changes in the Galaxy technology-wise...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean that they're shift the dates onto the 42nd millenium?
    They may very well do that, perhaps in connection with another worldwide campaign.

The game is Warhammer 40.000, not Warhammer 41.000 - so I think you can rest easy, Xerxes...

But what thoughts do people have about the future of the setting?

I could imagine the Imperium being riven by a massive civil war, especially if the Adeptus Mechanicus are being corrupted from within by the Necron...
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

Originally posted by BobaHat@Jan 19 2005, 11:37
    Not everything takes place in the 41st Millenium.. There are battle reports and stories that take place anywhere from the 36th to the 42nd Millenium... Not much changes in the Galaxy technology-wise...
    [snapback]306616[/snapback]
    This is true. But what about future events? Sorry, I intended that to be the focus of it. And I suppose they'll be strange and have 40,000 although it'll be technically wrong, but hey.

Future events... that Adeptus Mechanicus thing is the Dragon, yes? It depends how far they get into the Librarius Omnis as to whether that happens. But I would love to see an Adeptus Mechanicus army, Skitarri look great. And I hope they bring back Electropriests.

Abaddon won't come out in force again... again the numbers sound wrong. 14th Crusade? Ick.

The next big thing with the Tyranids is Leviathan coming up through the galactic disc. That'll be a good threat and no mistake.

Cypher is going to do... something. He was mentioned in the Eye of Terror campaign, and so is going to rear his head at some point.

Beyond that, I have no ideas. I wonder what's going to happen to the Harlequins when they find out their Laughing God is the Deceiver...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends how far they get into the Librarius Omnis as to whether that happens. But I would love to see an Adeptus Mechanicus army, Skitarri look great. And I hope they bring back Electropriests.
    The Dragon, yes. I don't imagine that anything like the complete corruption of the Adeptus Mechanicus would be necessary - the Imperium is very unstable, and a little something like rival Tech Adepts fighting each other across the Imperium would be a Bad Thing ™. I would hazard a guess that some of the Adeptus Mechanicus stuff will be in the Alien Hunters book.

Beyond that, I have no ideas.
    My (somewhat optimistic) money is on a civil war, perhaps linked to the Necron and the Dragon/Adeptus Mechanicus conflict, or perhaps (even more optimistically)caused by the rise of someone claiming to be the Emperor Reborn. The Imperium would be riven by doubt as the old order fights to supress the "pretender", and the Emperor Reborn gathers marine chapters, Thorian inquisitors and Imperial guard forces around Him for a Second Crusade.

I'm not holding my breath, although I may or may not be working on a converting a model of the Emperor Arisen...
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Originally posted by Xerxes@Jan 19 2005, 14:11
    Beyond that, I have no ideas. I wonder what's going to happen to the Harlequins when they find out their Laughing God is the Deceiver...?
    [snapback]306705[/snapback]
    Oh no .

This has been done a millions times. Rather than me write a big counter arguement out, please topic search: "The Laughing God is really the Deciever!" or something similiar.

I could save you some time and tell you the laughing god is not Deceiver not as has been debunked many times in the fluff section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

Despite it having persudaded the Outsider to eat all the other C'tan, something which the Laughing God allegedly did during the wars with the Ygnir? It's in a WD article about Eldar mythology, somewhere around the time of the release of the Necron Codex.

And I'm sorry this topic is so worn through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I just did a search, think I found the definitive statement for this.

Originally posted by karantalsis@Nov 5 2004, 16:10
    OH DEAR! The deciever is NOT the laughing god.

The laughing god is an old Eldar god from before the fall. I'm going to bullet point this cause I don't have time to write it all out.

Before the fall there were lots of Eldar Gods

The Eldar were all sick and twisted perverts (Like DE now) and Psykers

The impact of so many sick twisted psykers on the warp caused the creation of Slannesh (Yes the Eldar created Slannesh, though not on purpose)

When Slannesh woke he had a craving to eat all the eldar souls, but first went about kicking hte snot out of all the eldar gods (he killed them all) except for one ..... Dah dah dahhhhh the laughing god. Hes based on Loki and is a triksy god.

They are locked in eternal battle the laughing god can't harm slannesh and slannesh can't hit the laughing god, so its a stalemate, the laughing god protects the souls of all his followers from Slannesh.

The harlies are safe from slannesh and don't need soul stones or to drink souls, they follow the true path of the eldar.

They recruit from ALL Eldar, Dark Eldar, Craftworld and Exodite.

The solitaire is not safe from Slanesh as he plays the part of Slannesh when the Harlequins act out the fall in Cormmoragh and on the craftworlds. The Outsider was tricked by the laughing god, while the Deceiver tricked the Nightbringer.

Lots more to it, but thats a summary.

The C'Tan are in no way relatd to the eldar gods who, like the chaos gods are gods of the Warp the C'Tan cannot contact or comprehend the warp in any way.
    [snapback]244995[/snapback]

Sorry, it just annoys me when topics go round in circles. Im going to go mad again when someone claims that Cypher is secretly the Emperor, or that the Tyranid Hive Mind is under C'tan control.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

OK, thanks. I didn't realise the Deceiver only tricked Nightbringer. Makes sense now.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

As far as the Imperium Collapse thing look on my Spacemarinepace Wolf protectorate thing. It basically means that the four big space would get together getting all those it could under it's banner and try to find the emperor reborn. But since I hadn't heard anything about the necron thing then perhaps it make my idea fesable. maybe the protectorate would find some old technolgy data base somewhere and be able to the weapons of old. (wouldn't that be nice)
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast