What Happens To A Space Marine... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about a few things.

When a Space Marine get hit by a bullet which pierces his Power Armour his blood clots (much faster than normal) but there is still a wound.

Question: What happens when a Space Marine has damaged power armour?
    What happens when a Space Marine's bone is broken?
    What about Space Marines who have been "immobilised" (backbone damage)?

I am talking about what happens to him after a battle they won.

The Night Bringers
    "May the Darkness Preserve us!"
    Win: 1
    Loose: 1
    Draw: 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

the backbone question aside, space marines heal the damage the recieve. like us, over time space marines can fix broken bones but at a faster pace. eventualy the wound a marine suffers goes away.

just think normal human healing but 10 times faster

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Originally posted by darkreever@Jan 23 2005, 16:16
    the backbone question aside, space marines heal the damage the recieve. like us, over time space marines can fix broken bones but at a faster pace. eventualy the wound a marine suffers goes away.

just think normal human healing but 10 times faster
    [snapback]310037[/snapback]
    If a SM is wounded beyond all healing, I.E. loss of limbs / severe back injury, then the apocathareies go around afer the battle performing mercy killings and taking out the Progenoid Gland.

A short story of one of these mercy killings is on Pg 16 of the 4th Ed SM Codex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I read it. But that is during the middle of battle. As to loss of limbs there are Bionics.

SMs recover much faster, but a broken bone is I think a problem. They have to wear full power armour, and for a broken leg/bone that can be a problem. The whole weight of the armour can cause the damage to become worse, dont you think?

No one answered my other question. What do Space Marines do if Power Armour is damaged but the wearer will live?
    The Night Bringers
    "May the Darkness Preserve us!"
    Win: 1
    Loose: 1
    Draw: 1

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Minor armour damages will be fixed by a repair kit they have in their little belts, it's has some quick drying ceramite repair stuff. Comes in a tube they just squeeze it onto the damaged parts, it seals it. Bigger stuff they'll quite often pour more power in that section, eg if one of the legs were damaged they'd give it more power to work. Then once out of battle they'll see a techpriest to fix it.

As for wounds, they can take great wounds a live for many hours afterwards. Many of the Ultramarine's Ancients (Standard Bearer) have taken wounds that should kill them but still manages to finish the battle, one had his arm cut off by an ork warboss and then suffered five more wounds but still managed to kill the ork and survive the battle before planting the banner and finally dying.

They also have quick fit flesh spray, basically like the armour. A wound that takes flesh from them they spray it and this stuff covers it, kinda like emergency skin.

KU

=Moved= (Should be in 40k fluff not General discussions)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Knape97@Jan 23 2005, 10:22
    If a SM is wounded beyond all healing, I.E. loss of limbs / severe back injury, then the apocathareies go around afer the battle performing mercy killings and taking out the Progenoid Gland.

A short story of one of these mercy killings is on Pg 16 of the 4th Ed SM Codex
    [snapback]310046[/snapback]
    In the case of a mortally wounded marine, sometimes they can keep them alive by interring them into a dreadnaught, which acts as a life support system as well as an engine of war.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Originally posted by InvictusVis@Jan 23 2005, 17:36
    In the case of a mortally wounded marine, sometimes they can keep them alive by interring them into a dreadnaught, which acts as a life support system as well as an engine of war.
    [snapback]310077[/snapback]
    I thought that was a great honor reserved only for the most rightious of warrior (commander, veterans etc...) , not Joeus Blogeous, Tactical Marine of the 4th Company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that was a great honor reserved only for the most rightious of warrior (commander, veterans etc...) , not Joeus Blogeous, Tactical Marine of the 4th Company.
    Yea that is only for really important people becuase i think dreadnoughts are really hard to make so they cant waste them on Joeus Blogeous. He test has to die.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't think dreadnoughts can even be made any more. I'd need to check, but I'm sure I remember reading that somewhere.

But it does mention in an article I read once that dreadnoughts can often be repaired even after their pilots have been killed, meaning new pilots can be stuck into old dreadnoughts.

But yeah, watever the situation, Joeus Blogeus is toast, unless he was mortally wounded doing something incredibly heroic and was deemed worth preserving.

Unless completely immobilised, I'm sure a marine can quite easily heal wounds which would kill most normal people, especially if the apothecary gets to him quickly. As for those who are completely immobilised, I have no doubt they're probably killed. The chapter needs their organs more than they do.

There was a modelling article on the US games workshop site about modelling damaged power armour. Often, it seems, marines will conduct field repairs using whatever is available. The two examples there had a marine with bits of ork armour, and one with bits of broken off tyranid chitin strapped to holes in the armour. They looked pretty cool, actually. There were also a couple with makeshift power-pack repairs as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as to broken bones they have little holes in the armour (like in the matrix)where they inject little nanobots who inject a sort of fixodent to stick it together

Tyrion
    the second defender
    aenerion
    the first defender
    teclis
    plain lazy
    with great power comes great laughter
    shutup i can do it *boom*
    oh my god that tyranid is shagging me from behind exclaimes the cadian veteran

click here <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?prince-tyrion' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?prince-tyrion</a>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast