Extent Of Human Ship Technology - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big part of the Black Templar fluff I'm trying to come up with had to do with a HUGE starship that actually held the survivors of three worlds in it, (there planets were decimated by Tyranid hordes.) My question is whether or not the Imperium could or even would aid these homeless billions by creating a vast city and also add a Black Templar training and deployment station, all onto this colossal ship? My current "specs" made this ship 50 miles long and 5 miles wide. Is this "realistic" or too much for humans to even consider building?

Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently no one has an idea as to whether or not it's possible... come on, SOMEONE must have a clue.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think they would, they would prolly just abandon the project halfway through, imagine the drive to work, 50 miles to and from? i dunno, maybe they had a whole world working on it...... <_<

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the fluff was basically that a star system was nearly wiped out by Tyranid hordes before the Ultramarines came in and drove them back. With only one planet left and the survivors of the other four overloading this one planet, they fear for the sustainability of the small ball of dirt: and so the Exodus ex Machina Project is born, (name pending till I can find a cooler Latin title.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really apropos of nothing, but I&#39;m glad to see how many people have followed the link at the bottom of my signature and taken the test, and posted the results on their signature. As far as the fluff goes- as Inquisitor. He&#39;ll snidely respond, "The largest Imperial ship has a crew size of 8,000 blah blah blah." But, sure, go ahead. I think it&#39;s conceivable- or it could be made of different, smaller ships, like the Unholy Harbinger
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever read the Gothic rule book? While they don&#39;t come out and say how big the ships are that I could find easily, they are really big. You could probably get away with saying that a bunch of people on a planet build a huge ship to flee on, I think you&#39;d want to make sure that there is a shipyard in orbit or something, otherwise things get a little weird

You can make up (nearly) anything in 40k and it would probably be acceptable... unless you were messing with canon... then most people stop paying attention

Oh yeah, Deciever, I love your avatar guy
    The Good News is here&#33;

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note, yeah, the test was fun, thanks for showing it for me.

Also, thanks for your help on the whole ship issue. I&#39;ll be sure to add a shipyard, though in my head I kept imagining it&#39;s butt on the ground and point piercing through the atmosphere. :blink:

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you could have it on the surface of the planet, it just wouldn&#39;t be any kind of traditional imperial vessel (which it really isn&#39;t already ). You could make the planet a forgeworld or have a shipyard which they either used to build the ship in orbit, or took the stuff from the shipyard/forges, and built it on the surface.
    The Good News is here&#33;

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t underestimate, or over estimate the sizes and populations.
    If you ever read the planet classes you will se that most standard
    civilized and "normal" planets are home to some maximum 1 billion people.
    Everything is possible.
    Anyone here ever seen the Forgeworld model "Demiburg Stronghold ship"?
    Just imagine if it was present in that system how many it could take.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

God, just because you made a mistake and pointed it out, Deciever. No need to get all *****y about it.

Its possible, but not really acceptable to the hardcore puritans like myself.

The Eldar have more of a penchant for building huge ships.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast