What If? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What If?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this many times in other forums as a rhetorical question to prove a point, but now I ask it as a proper question and to all you who have the knowledge to answer it- what do you think would be the effect of the nightbringer getting his 'ultimate Weapon' back or the deciever manipulating someone to retrieve it for him, doing this would mean the ultimate end to humanity and well, the rest of the universe, so what do you think the other (if any) effects would be?

---Log from the Last Excursion of the Temera---
    Pilot: Damn i knew this ship wouldn't last long.
    Co-Pilot: why?
    Pilot: Listen...
    Computer: welcome to Windows 40k
    Pilot And Co-pilot: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
    ---Log Ends---
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?thorain' target='_blank'>Nothing to see here&#33;</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Although I&#39;m sure people will disagree, I will have to state this: Being a god-like entity does not make one a "true" god, no matter what Your enemies or subjects think.

C&#39;tan have the power to consume stars, but that is nothing compared to the vastness of the universe. C&#39;tan, Eldar gods, the Emperor Reborn, the Chaos gods, Gork and Mork, nothing is a true "God" which could affect the entire Universe.

Whatever happens, happens in this backwater galaxy of ours, and is constrained within its borders.

For example, Necrons can never shut off the Warp... They might close local rifts, perhaps even shut the Eye of Terror, but they can not affect the entire Universe or even nearby galaxies. The sheer scale of it is impossible to imagine.

Unless the races are considerably more powerful than we are led to believe... Which is extremely unlikely.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the Chaos Background, the Warp is like a mirror of real space, where every thought, emotion and feeling of every being goes. So the Chaos Gods aren&#39;t limited to the MilkyWay, if there are other galaxies with life in it, they can get there active too. Okay, if you think of gods as omnipotent beings who can wreck the entire universe with a mere thought, you are correct.
    Humanitas dominatus omnis, de iam dum terminus aetas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chaos gods cant really do much other than mutate people and speak in their heads to make them do stuff, i mean they cant just think "oh, theres a space marine, lets turn him into a spawn&#33;" it doesnt work that way, they gotta have heretical thoughts for it to begin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but becoming a pawn of Chaos isn&#39;t limited to humans. Every other creature can succumb to them and open a gate into the Warp. And then their powers are nearly unlimited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templar: i mean they cant just think "oh, theres a space marine, lets turn him into a spawn&#33;" it doesnt work that way, they gotta have heretical thoughts for it to begin
    That depends on the power of the person doing the thinking. A powerful Chaos Mage or Greater Daemon could turn just about anything into a spawn, unless it were protected by Faith (Sisters of Battle) or its own potent psychic wards (Aegis Hoods and so forth). Case in point is the 2nd Ed psychic power "Fleshy Curse"? It turned any model into a spawn if they failed to roll under their toughness test on 2d6.

That particular power might have been removed from 3rd and 4th ed, but the essential mechanism is clear. Chaos is powerful and only the powerful can hope to resist it, that is what is so bad about it, and why the Inquisition tries so very hard to prevent ordinary people finding out too much about it. Because, you see, ordinary people get turned into Spawn. And then comes the screaming and the running...
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I&#39;m bad...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also it is compared to the powers the Chaos Gods put into their pawn. For example Luthor would never been able to fight with Johnson, but since he was backed by the Chaos powers he almost killed him. So if they would focus their power on one single being they could do a lot of damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Originally posted by Pheonecia@Jan 28 2005, 12:45
    Case in point is the 2nd Ed psychic power "Fleshy Curse"? It turned any model into a spawn if they failed to roll under their toughness test on 2d6.
    [snapback]314526[/snapback]
    A less powerful version still exists, though I won&#39;t give out its rules. So yes, some sorcerers can turn anyone into a spawn.

As for the chaos gods, it&#39;s all about the power of chaos in that area. In parts of the eye of terror, the chaos gods are omnipotent. That said, the chaos gods only act when its really neccesary, I think, most of the &#39;voices in heads&#39; and stuff is caused by daemons. In most of the Imperium, the gods and their servants can only act very weakly, if at all.

If a planet has a significant number of people worshipping chaos, however, you have a problem. The power of chaos in that area will slowly grow, until the planet loses its grip on reality and becomes a daemon world.

Expanding on what Kelnor said, the Emperor should have torn Horus to bits if the Chaos gods hadn&#39;t been feeding him as much power as they possibly could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the many gods of the 40K universe are less powerful than they could be, because they keep each other in check. Chaos, for example, would have reigned over the galaxy if the Emperor had never existed, the Eldar Gods would reign over the galaxy hadn&#39;t Slaanesh been born, etc.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, and all I wanted to know was &#39;can the Nightbringer could get his weapon back&#33;&#39; and &#39;if so, what would happen?&#39;
    ---Log from the Last Excursion of the Temera---
    Pilot: Damn i knew this ship wouldn&#39;t last long.
    Co-Pilot: why?
    Pilot: Listen...
    Computer: welcome to Windows 40k
    Pilot And Co-pilot: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
    ---Log Ends---
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?thorain' target='_blank'>Nothing to see here&#33;</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast