Emperor's Children Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Hey, I've always thought about fluff when making armies, but I've never actually sat down and written any out in a codified style before. This piece is a little dry, but it is in the oh-so-familiar Inquisitorial Document style, after all. Maybe I'll write a proper narrative sometime.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your comments, positive or negative..

Calibrating Librarium Index. Please Wait.

The file you have accessed bears a level 99 classification. Attempting to access information beyond your classification is punishable by immediate execution. Please enter your security classification code below.

'Let ignorance be your shield, for a man who knows nothing but the Emperor will not succumb to treachery.’

Welcome Inquisitor. Your file will now be displayed.

Know your Enemy: Assessment of Traitor Forces Active in Cadian Sector.
    Part 1043 – The Sign of Ecstatic Delights

[Note on Sources: Unfortunately, much of this information draws from the account of a single Callidus operative who disappeared on active duty several months ago. Inquisitorial References have confirmed some information, but much remains speculative.]

The Sign is a pleasure cult which we believe was drawn together from the shattered remains of the Emperor’s Children 26th Company. As of yet, we have no idea of relative numbers, but, given the lack of fleet activity in sectors the cult has been confirmed as active, we would estimate they are not exceptionally large.

The main purpose of the cult appears to be gathering slaves and sowing discord in the regions around the Eye of Terror, and they have, unfortunately, enjoyed much success over the years. Owing to the fact that the Imperial Navy has only a few confirmed sightings of what is believed to be the insertion ship, a cruiser of unknown design dubbed the Blissful Exsanguination, we believe they must enjoy the service of a captain with experience in low-profile troop insertions.

In battle, the Sign relies heavily on a few troops with training in stealth and recon, who are often aided in turn by local trackers drawn from the foul cults which invariably arise just prior to the arrival of the Sign. Wide use is made of barbaric sonic weaponry, and these warped marines seem to delight in the terror and confusion these weapons sow in their enemies’ ranks. Higher ranking members have often made personal pacts with foul and seductive daemonic entities, and are able to call upon their services through blasphemous prayers.

[Note: This tactical analysis is only partial, based on a few registered encounters. Expect the unexpected.]

In rooting out and destroying this monstrous band, it is necessary to identify the symptoms by which one may discover their sickness before it is too late. In every case, chaos cultist activity has sprung up or intensified on affected worlds a few months prior to the attack. Often, the planets in question are gripped by insurgency or gradually falling to heresy by the time the traitors arrive. The attack on Paulus XVII, for example, in which half a million innocents are believed to have been sacrificed, came shortly after the discovery of a new narcotic chemical on that world, to which large sections of the populace quickly became addicted. The Ecclesiarchy and Imperial Guard were already overwhelmed suppressing cults devoted to this drug when the traitors began launching their own attacks. Let Paulus be a lesson, and tolerate no cult save that of the Emperor.

We shall now begin an assessment of the important figures identified by the Officio Assassinorum as ‘high profile targets.’

Lord Vox – Believed to be irreparably insane, this foul creature has been sighted in battle on several occasions. A hulking figure in terminator armour, he seems to be a powerful leader within the cult, if not the true heart of its evil. Sources who have faced him in battle describe nothing more than a foaming, maddened beast, more animal than man, but the assassin sent to kill him reported before she disappeared that he seemed unnaturally calm and focused compared to his twisted minions. It seems we are either dealing with a genius, a madman, or perhaps both.

[Note: After trawling transcriptions of the operative’s last communication to her masters, it seems that I may have been correct. Apparently, Vox is frequently overcome by a form of madness his underlings call ‘The Noise.’ While surprisingly thoughtful and rational most of the time, occasionally Vox’ warped sensory input becomes overloaded, sending him flying into an unpredictable and berserk state. His servitors seem to consider this weakness a gift from their false deity.]

Daevra – Information on this figure is virtually non-existent, though he is frequently mentioned in hushed and awed tones among the cultists who grow up around this insidious group. His name is frequently invoked in battle by cultists and marines, leading us to suspect Daevra may not be a man at all, but a daemonic entity of unknown power and origin. The Ordo Malleus has pledged to investigate, but no information has been forthcoming.

Codificier Farrau – Once one of the most promising Librarians of his legion, Farrau has only been sighted once, for his appearance is truly sickening. He has virtually lost all of his human form, and is fast becoming what is referred to as a ‘spawn.’ For the time being, however, his psychic powers remain focused and deadly, and this alone is reason to be wary of him.

If Daevra is confirmed as a daemonic entity, something which is yet to occur, it is likely that he holds a pact with Farrau. If this is so, Farrau must be eliminated, as his death may help to sever the legion from contact with one of their greatest allies.

Remember, brothers. Tend to your faith as you would tend to your arms and armour, for it is your strongest weapon against the terrors which confront us.

I now proceed to the so-called ‘Violators’ chapter...

Eventually I plan to make all these characters, but it’s unlikely they’ll ever be fielded together. It’s just too much to spend on a HQ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Nice. Very cool. (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually I plan to make all these characters, but it’s unlikely they’ll ever be fielded together. It’s just too much to spend on a HQ.
    I know that feeling. But I feel that coming up with some background for characters is part of the whole creative hobby.

Some other characters you might want to think about, and which would most likely be part of your army in any event:

- A dreadnaught
    - An aspiring champion
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Pheonecia has a point. What about the warp-mixing deck that you were proposing?

And it seems so awkward to have it presented like that. I'll work on proper formatting for it (basically size 8 Times New Roman and a load of message gubbins).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

That was kind of a joke..

Yeah, I would love to write in my dreadnought, but I was becoming conscious of how long the thing was getting. Still, I spent enough on the thing that it deserves a background.

Let me think.. I'm seriously tempted to go semi-humorous here, since the thing is basically a speaker stack on legs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Yeah, just imagine it... behemoth walks on to the field...

*EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!*

Oh, the horror...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Okay, here's the stuff for the dreadnought (I've mentioned another, since I want options, but I won't include him yet.).. I won't type the whole sheet out again, but you can guess where it fits in.

Pardon the name, I couldn't resist.

Metalhead - This is the only name by which the cultists would refer to this warped dreadnought, one of only two dreadnoughts sighted in the company of the cult. Indeed, any others which may originally have existed are believed to have been destroyed since the heresy. Due to the need for rapid, stealthy deployment the Sign uses few other vehicles, so these dreadnoughts fulfill an important niche in the composition of these abominable heretic forces. Of the pilot trapped inside this infernal machine, we can know very little, save that his incarceration is agonising. We can take some comfort in knowing that this heretic will suffer for the rest of its miserable lifespan.

[note: In a recent, disturbing incident, our hidden operative discovered that Metalhead is no mere dreadnought. The purpose of this vile contraption is in fact to extract the bodily essences of its mutated pilot, slowly, over many years or perhaps even centuries. These compounds are then rendered down to produce stimulants used by the rest of the cult. What more disgusting and blasphemous practice can be concieved by the sane mind?]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humour can definitely have its place in the 40k setting. The Ciaphas Cain books are an excellent example.

Nice dreadnaught character, though...
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I'm bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dancing Dreadnought.

That would make a good animation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice fluff.. ^_^