Allies Of The Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    LO Zealot Sareld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

    I guess that the Eldar, being a dying race and all, would have nothing against reinforcements form the other races to fight for them, reducing their casualties. Am I right? But who in the galaxy would accept to fight under Eldar leadership?

    IG? They are only humans, and if not accompanied by faith-freaks like kommisars and the like, could they be persuaded to serve in an Eldar army?

    SM, DH & WH? I guess they are to fanatic to ever, under any circumstances, fight under the commend of a xeno..

    Orks? Hmmm. perhaps if some kind of psycic mindcontrol were applied? If not they might fight under a diffrent banner for a minute or two, before they turn on their allies.

    Tau? Tau hire Kroot mercs, so why not eldar mercs?

    Kroot? Pay them, no matter who you are, and they are in...

    DE & Chaos? No way in hell... litterally...

    Nids? Psycic mindcontrol again?

    What do you think?

    EDIT: I canĀ“t spell...


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Originally posted by Farseer Sareld@Jan 31 2005, 10:24
    I guess that the Eldar, being a dying race and all, would have nothing against reinforcements form the other races to fight for them, reducing their casualties. Am I right? But who in the galaxy would accept to fight under Eldar leadership?

    IG? They are only humans, and if not accompanied by faith-freaks like kommisars and the like, could they be persuaded to serve in an Eldar army?

    SM, DH & WH? I guess they are to fanatic to ever, under any circumstances, fight under the commend of a xeno..

    Orks? Hmmm. perhaps if some kind of psycic mindcontrol were applied? If not they might fight under a diffrent banner for a minute or two, before they turn on their allies.

    Tau? Tau hire Kroot mercs, so why not eldar mercs?

    Kroot? Pay them, no matter who you are, and they are in...

    DE & Chaos? No way in hell... litterally...

    Nids? Psycic mindcontrol again?

    What do you think?

    EDIT: I canĀ“t spell...
    [snapback]317287[/snapback]
    1) IG - they wouldn't do it. They're kept in very tight, very few would be able to help.

    2) SM - no way. If they aren't fanatically devoted to their cause they're already being taken by Chaos.

    3) Orks - nope. The Orks don't want or need allies, they'd just kill the Eldar. Besides, their EVERYONE's enemy.

    4) Tau - nope. They don't hire Kroot Merc.'s, believe me. The Kroot available to them are the Kroot that are in their Empire - they are allies and part of the army, not hired. The only way Tau would really help Eldar is if Eldar asked to be a part of their Empire - which won't happen.

    5) Kroot Merc's. - Yup, I could see these guys working with the Eldar, but few Eldar would pay for them.

    6) DE - I say there is a chance. Why? If they allied under Harlequins, who are more than capable of keeping the two sides down calmly. However, they'd have to keep them separated.

    7) Chaos - you said it.

    'Nids - I doubt it. I don't think any Farseer could control the 'Nids, otherwise they would have already. The Hive Mind is just too strong.

    Last, the Eldar are a very, very arrogant race. They won't accept help because I don't see them as accepting the fact that they're dying. If they wanted help, they could easily go to the Tau empire - but they are too arrogant and such to do so.

  4. #3
    LO Zealot Addoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

    I Depends what you mean by 'ally' Of course no race in 40k would ever form a serious alliance with any other. Noone would ever serve under the Eldar, except for the Harlequins obviously. However the Eldar have fought hand in hands with other races many times. They would alongside Imperial troops if they disliked the opponent more, as they have done many times. Look at Ichar IV, many times in the EOT, or Tallarn for examples. As soon as need had abated it would be "ok, see you later then, probably kill you next time I see you"

    I think Space Marines chapters (read above examples), Imperial Guard, and Tau are the only forces that the Eldar could ally with.

    A long term strategic alliance, non-aggression and all that? Not a chance.

  5. #4
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Originally posted by Addoran@Jan 31 2005, 10:36
    I Depends what you mean by 'ally' Of course no race in 40k would ever form a serious alliance with any other. Noone would ever serve under the Eldar, except for the Harlequins obviously. However the Eldar have fought hand in hands with other races many times. They would alongside Imperial troops if they disliked the opponent more, as they have done many times. Look at Ichar IV, many times in the EOT, or Tallarn for examples. As soon as need had abated it would be "ok, see you later then, probably kill you next time I see you"

    I think Space Marines chapters (read above examples), Imperial Guard, and Tau are the only forces that the Eldar could ally with.

    A long term strategic alliance, non-aggression and all that? Not a chance.
    [snapback]317304[/snapback]
    I agree, mostly.

    However, I believe if the Eldar were slightly less arrogant and didn't believe themselves to be so hot, they could very easily form an alliance with Tau.

    Imagine the technology they would produce!

    EDIT: Also...Harlequins do not serve under Eldar. Harlequins get more respect from CE and DE than the other way around. Eldar and DE serve Harlequins.

  6. #5
    Son of LO The_Giant_Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

    I think many races would ally with eldar, very temporarily, if their survival depended on it, but, once whatever threat was affecting them had passed, the relationship would be likely to turn sour again.

    Imperial Guard - They won't serve in an eldar army. A fairly rogue general may ally with eldar to accomplish a specific goal, but he still won't place his troops under the command of xenos scum.. that's asking for trouble.

    Inquisitors and Marines - Not always true. Some inquisitors do hire Kroot mercenaries, so again, it might, theoretically be possible for a non-ordo-xenos inquisitor (those guys are too anti-alien) or space marine commander to form a temporary alliance with the Eldar, but in this case it's likely to last no more than a few minutes.

    Orks are highly resistant to psionic control. While they have no rules to represent this, I think the fluff inplications is that any attempt to sieze control of them would be pretty short lived.

    Tau would fight alongside eldar if there was a serious need to, for example, if they were both trapped on a planet being consumed by tyranids.. as soon as the need is over, though, the relationship breaks up. Eldar are too arrogant, Tau are too self-righteous. They're naturally going to clash.

    Kroot mercs - Both in rules and fluff these guys do fight for the eldar from time to time. That's why kroot mercenary shapers can use shuriken catapults, and why kroot can legally be included in an eldar army.

    And yes, the eldar are extremely arrogant. In all of the above examples, they'd have to very definately be the dominant party in any negotiations.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    8 (x2)

    I wouldn't say that the Eldar are as arrogant as they were in the past. If you read the Eldar Codex and Fluff they are doing everything in their power not to repeat the mistakes of the past. Their is one excerpt in the codex that tells of a Farseer encouraging young Eldar to always ask questions and to always keep an open mind so that the Eldar never repeat the past and so that their race has a chance of rebuilding and correcting the problems that created Slaanesh.

    Also, it depends on what Craftworld you are talking about as well. Biel-Tann is high aggressive to outsider and will attacks all outsiders.

    Do not forget it was the Eldar that tried to warn the imperium of the betrayal. I think the Eldar have come a long way. Arrogant? Anymore arrogant then WitchHunters or even the Imperium?

    If you really read into Eldar fluff they have a strict system that hopefully will prevent anything like "The Fall".

    Eldar have incredibly long lifespans and they are prone to instense feelings that no human can ever feel. Love, sadness, hate. All of these emotions are almost ten fold to Eldar. Eldar now have a strange caste system where each Eldar will spend around a hundred years on a profession, learn from it and then become something different. It's not uncommon for an Eldar to train as a Guardian, then maybe take up a craft, then switch to something else... I don't know the exact details but I've read about it and it is very interesting.

    If you would like to know more about Eldar society here is a link to some old WD Eldar fluff...

    http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/w40krp/WD127_Eldar.shtml


    I just started collecting Eldar and I find them very intriguing.

  8. #7
    Log
    Log is offline
    Member Log's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    I would of thought that Tau would fight with anyone, in the tau codex, near the back it says that tau have fought with orks, eldar, imperial guard and the dreaded traitor legions

  9. #8
    LO Zealot Addoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

    It says that Farsight did fight as mercenaries.....

    Tau only fight for the greater good (their empire)

  10. #9
    Log
    Log is offline
    Member Log's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    oh yeah, I forget about him for a while :glare:

  11. #10
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Originally posted by Log@Jan 31 2005, 13:35
    I would of thought that Tau would fight with anyone, in the tau codex, near the back it says that tau have fought with orks, eldar, imperial guard and the dreaded traitor legions
    [snapback]317500[/snapback]
    Hasn't everyone fought everyone...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts