Black Library And The Harlequins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the black library? I am starting Harlequins and I want to know all that I can about them and there past. Can anyone tell me about this black library?

~THC

Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*huge intake of breath, and in loud booming voice:*

The Black Library is the sum of all the knowledge teh Eldar have complied over millions of years. It contains the stories of the fall of the necronytyr all the way to the end of the universe. It is inside the webway, and the harliequins make it one of their most important jobs to keep everyone, including other eldar, out of it. In all its years of existence I believe only one or two non-eldar have ever entered it. He who controls the library controls the galaxy.

*breaks down coughing*
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, Ahriman of the thousand sons wants in. wants in BAD.

he is under the impression he could make himself into a fifth god of chaos.
    iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is said to be located inside the webway or on a craftworld outside the galaxy. It is protected by the Harlequins and other beings. It contains every spark of knowledge the Eldar collected about Chaos, how it can be mastered and controlled. At least this is what Ahriman thinks he'll learn when he gains accsess to it.
    Humanitas dominatus omnis, de iam dum terminus aetas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the Inquistion War Trilogy (aka Draco Trilogy). Describes one inquistors attempt to get there. Really good series of books, too.
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Well, to help sum some things up.

The "full" name of the BL is: The Black Library of Chaos

It holds all of the information gathered by the Eldar since their Fall, and is guarded by the Guardian Scribes who rarely, if ever, leave it.

It is located on a Craftworld far, far, far beyond the reach of the Imperium and very few can gain access to it, and those that do are usually still under guard.

A few people who can gain access are: Solitaires of the Harlequins and members of the Ordo Malleus Inquisitors.

The most powerful of the Harlequins are chosen as the guardians of this library.

And I'll have to check out that Trilogy, the Black Library is really interesting to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquistor Czevak has been there as well, and it changed him completely.
    he went from Alien hunting nutcase, to loving them to the point of heresy when he did. well, not exactly, but it takes soemthing pretty drastic for an inquisitor to completely change his field of work, and that's what the Black Library did to him.
    I think Arhiman took czevak with him, to steal the secret of how to get there from his head. Though Arhiman failed, the harlies there did take czevak, and are still holding him, for some unknown reason. that's pretty much tantamoun to Eldar suicide, from what i gathered, but it shows what kind of power this thing has.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Just some minor notes..it's not on a craftworld,it exists withing the Webway, like Commoragh does, and Czevak is in fact the only human that's known to have seen the Black Library. Quins don't usualy let people in the BL,not even other Eldar,but I guess they think ole' Czevak is special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, he was, they say.

still didn't stop arhiman having his way with him, though.

you know what happened to Czevak, after arhiman finished with him? last i heard, the harlies had him in the warp, and Arhiman was destroying commorargh...after taking a wrong turn to getting to the BL.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Edicius@Feb 4 2005, 207
    Just some minor notes..it's not on a craftworld,it exists withing the Webway, like Commoragh does, and Czevak is in fact the only human that's known to have seen the Black Library. Quins don't usualy let people in the BL,not even other Eldar,but I guess they think ole' Czevak is special.
    [snapback]321219[/snapback]
    I believe it was a Craftworld within the WebWay, though I could be mistaken. All sorts of fluff things, and I can't be 100% sure who is right, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast