Tau Rebels?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tau Rebels?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the utterly strict and almost brainwashed ways of the Tau under the Ethereals... I had to wonder... could some sect of Fire caste rebel against the Ethereals? The fluff seems impossible... at first glance. But what if they came across some powerful Chaos artifact, perhaps one that both broke the hold Ethereals have on these Tau warriors and also seduced them to the power of some Chaos god... not to say they gain Chaos powers, but align themselves with Chaos nonetheless. I'm not even gonna write the fluff up before I hear at least ONE person say it's not completely and utterly impossible/ridiculous. Gotta confirm I'm not crazy and whatnot.

Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

There are already Tau rebels, Commander Farsights Break Away Faction...
    Check page 50 in codex Tau
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so they already have a break-away... but does Farsight's group really go after Tau? I'm thinking more like a group of Tau out to destroy the Ethereal's control.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could happen and i think it would be really cool.

you could even ally them with another army such as guard or eldar
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds sweet!! Rebel Tau would really go good with the eldar as the eldar are better at CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:ph34r: Everything's better in CC. Also, I was thinking more Chaos as allies for this kinda fluff, probably a Slaanesh-aligned CSM group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it is possible for chaos. you could just use the adversaries rule but this is only deamons and against daemonhunters.

if you dont use this rule then you will have to get your opponents permission anyway so it will mainly depend on your opponent. i would likely let you use them against me if you had good fluff and reasons for it.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go to the Daemonhunters section of gamesworkshop.com, they have a really cool conversion for a greater daemon emerging from a battlesuit. Its really cool looking and you can buy all the pieces for it for $40.00 from the website. I was thinking about that myself......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is that I have heard that the Tau are not very aware of Chas and the Warp... too young and all, no psychic abilities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but it would only take so many Chaos-driven assaults against Tau forces to make them quite aware of the present danger.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast