Knights Mechanicus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Iron Hands sm chapter. I also love the Adeptus Mechanicus. I love the color red, too. My question is, would it be fluffable (yes I made up a word) to have an Iron Hands successor chapter working as a chamber militant for the Adeptus Mechanicus?

When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Nuh uh, the AM has thier own military. It would be very likely for a Space Marine chapter to be so closely connected with the AM they have units in eachother's armies though. Titans are technicly a part of the AM, but some of them are premanently attached to Space Marine chapters, and all techmarines are sorta like honrorary members of the AM. You could say this chapter has permanently attached themselves to a Forge World or something and has sworn to protect the Mechanicus agents that live there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually sounds like a good idea. I'm now thinking more along the lines of a completely new chapter that just uses same traits the the IH do. I think that GW left out two of the founding chapters for a reason and I'm seeing an ample opportunity to make up a whole bunch of fluff just for them. You might say "They will be too similiar to the Iron Hands so they will be boring!". But I am planning on making their background completely different.

I would really appreciate any comments/suggestions and I plan to post new ideas that I have come up with. Creating a whole new founding chapter is not exactly a small undertaking and it would be cool to make this into a group effort.
    When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Iron Hands have only one offical succesor chapter the Brazen Claws, a huge number of the original Iron Hands legion were wiped in the first battle of the Horus Heresy (Istavann IV? i think Ferrus was meant to of been killed as well) the adeptus Mechanicus could easily have ties with other Space Marine chapter especially if they shared similar goals even if only temporaryily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the adeptus mechanicus do have their own armies (Legio Titanicus and Skitarii) but neither are well suited to precision attacks, both are more liek sledgehammers. Im sure there's nothing wrong with Adeptus Mechanicus gaining a report with a Chapter, so long as they both gain from the deal, ie the marines get weapons and equipment, the mechanicus get a mobile fighting force to help find their STCs and such.

Also, just becuase the Iron Hands dont have more than one listed successor, doesnt mean more arnt out there...
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't mean there aren't any other Iron Hands successors just that there would be very few, as opposed to Ultramarines who have the most, and the Brazen Claws are the only ones i've heard of. Personally i always like the idea of Iron Hands fighting alongside Death Korps of Kreig regiments (and Skitari and Titans), pan-sectoral genocidial campaigns, but sorry i digress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Originally posted by JoRmUnGaNd@Mar 3 2005, 02:23
    I think that GW left out two of the founding chapters for a reason and I'm seeing an ample opportunity to make up a whole bunch of fluff just for them.
    [snapback]342747[/snapback]
    Woah there.. unless I've mistaken, this means your planning on using one of the the two 'missing' legion slots.

Because if you are, you're about to fall into a very overpopulated trap.

Legions/chapters don't get erased from the records for no reason. Just think about what they might have done, or indeed, how dead they must be, in order to warrant such an erasing of all their data.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason i can imagine for the original two missing chapters to be missing is that they performed some heinous act of heresy or treachery. lets face it, traitor chapters were pretty much heretics beofre the Heresy, so its not inconceivable that two would openly declare treachery before the Heresy, and therefore warrant and extinction.
    Although another idea just cropped up: perhaps they had gene faults and the chapters collapesed, so they were eradicated from record to prevent any suggestion of inadequecy on the part of the Imperium.
    So no, whatever chapter you use, dont make it connected to the missing chapters.

Back to the original topic, the Ordo Malleus and Ordo Hereticus each have Space marine chapters (ok the Sisters of Battle arent space marines, but their close...kinda), so why cant the Adeptus Mechanicus have a chapter devoted to its needs? and elite part of their armed forces perhaps, conquering over Machine Cult heresy wherever. After all, swaying to the side of Chaos isnt the only heresy one can commit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the Iron Hands were pretty much used by the AM

besides, the ordo malleus and ordo hereticus are ordos of the Inquistion. the AM don't need chamber militants because their out to win back technology. if i were them i'd use deathwatch teams to come with me.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

+ Reply to Thread