Librarium Online Forums banner

How Do Stormtroopers Travel?

761 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  brock 
#1 ·
Im writing a story about an inquisitor and the forces he commands, but I need to know whether stormtroopers would travel with him on his ship if he needed them, or perhaps wait until they are called?

Or would he have to leave them behind and use some of the forces that are local to his destination?

#4 ·
Well, sentimental or not, he'd likely have to have htem mindwiped after some of the things they witness. No moral threats can be allowed to fester in the minds of the Inquistion's own Stormtroopers.

#5 ·
I'm not sure that happens very often.

I believe it states that inquisitorial stormtroopers are a private force maintained by the inquisitors themselves. In which case they'd likely be selected for their loyalty, faith and ability to deal with the kind of horrific situations inquisitors find themselves in.

If they start playing up, then I'm sure they're quite expendable, but until then, I don't believe they're particularly ill treated. It's a big investment of resources to get troops to that level, after all.

#6 ·
Originally posted by The_Giant_Mantis@Mar 7 2005, 18:30
I'm not sure that happens very often.

I believe it states that inquisitorial stormtroopers are a private force maintained by the inquisitors themselves. In which case they'd likely be selected for their loyalty, faith and ability to deal with the kind of horrific situations inquisitors find themselves in.

If they start playing up, then I'm sure they're quite expendable, but until then, I don't believe they're particularly ill treated. It's a big investment of resources to get troops to that level, after all.
[snapback]346698[/snapback]​
They are trained since childhood to be stormtroopers. There is no way an inquisitor would just kill them off. Stormtroopers are maintained by the inquisition, and an Inquisitor can requisition them for his own use. Some may stay with an Inquisitor for their entire lives, while others are used by an Inquisitor and then returned to the Inquisitorial Fortresses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.