Lets Have An Eightsome! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This spring I'm gonna have a big campaign. I mean big too... 2 SM teams, a chaos team, me(necrons), an eldar team, an IG team, a Nid team, and a Tau team.

Anyhoo... I need a creative backdrop for it. So if anybody has any ideas to keep my campaign entertaining, they are appreciated. A good campaign report may come out of it. I will give you credit for your story if i post a campaign report. I would like it to be based on the necrons since my friends are new to fighting them and everybody wants a piece of necron action in the campaign. Thats why I posted this here. So... :mellow:

P.S.
    Am I stupid for posting this? Should I make my own story? I never was good at it.

Plz help I'd like to keep this one entertaining.

Anything that has been said above must be immediately

disregarded, as the high level of stupidity contained in every

word may cause you to drool on your computer thus causing

your own demise...

you know water+electricity= dead...-ness. :mellow:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

This is the wrong forum for this topic. I have moved it to the approriate forum.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Number 1: Make it a campaign for a sector, rather than just a single planet. It seems unlikely that all these races will be fighting over one planet.

Number 2: What are the motivations of each side. Even Tyranids and Necrons have motivations and tactics, although they might not seem very sophisticated until one starts to look at the big patterns. For example, why are chaos forces here, and why do they want this system under their control. The 'chaos artifact' is overdone, but always feasable.

Number 3: This is just an indulgence, but who are the major characters? Not all of them fight on the battlefield. They'll be things going on between the battles as well. Really fleshing out the characters can add a whole roleplaying dimension to the game.

Number 4: Are there any special events/scenarios which you could play just for fun. Perhaps a strange, allied battle at the end in which the Tau and SM or SM chapters are caught between superior forces of Necrons and Nids, or a group of marines/eldar trying to destroy an infestation of daemons (possibly proxied, unless you have a lot of daemon models.) Something like that. There's some great opportunities be some dramatic climaxes, battles you can play through more for storyline than anything else.

Number 5: What else is going on the galaxy. Are there any big plots or conspiracies involved in this campaign. Perhaps an Inquisitor is manipulating the IG into a dangerous situation to 'test out' a new theory. What time is the campaign set in, and are there any other major wars/actions which might interlink with this one.

Basically, just be imaginative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prehaps you could make a deceiver themed plot. Mabye there is somthing good for the deceiver that can come out of all these races colliding. Mabye the deceiver is trying to start a gigantic galaxy-wide war between all the other races so that the necrons can take advantage. Of course, the Tyranids could mabye be "uninvited geusts" to this "conference".
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Originally posted by kingkrispy@Mar 12 2005, 162
    Prehaps you could make a deceiver themed plot. Mabye there is somthing good for the deceiver that can come out of all these races colliding. Mabye the deceiver is trying to start a gigantic galaxy-wide war between all the other races so that the necrons can take advantage. Of course, the Tyranids could mabye be "uninvited geusts" to this "conference".
    [snapback]350564[/snapback]
    Erm thats a ridiculously overblown plot for such a small scale campaign involving only 8 armies (consider the amount of factions in EOT, and EOt wasn&#39;t as big as &#39;gigantic galaxy wide war). You need to tone it down a bit and then consider the basics.

Background: Where are they fighting? Whats going on? Is any faction allied? (SM versus SM is always unfluffy, it would be best to keep from these meeting head to head. Got to make this on the Eastern fringe though, due to prescence of Tau and Nids.

Then you need the motivations.

Races:

Tyranids: Eat eat eat, nuff said.

SM: Trying to destroy Chaos, nuff said.

Chaos: Depends on god, but general pillaging is enough, or retrieval of artifact.

Eldar: Mysterious aims, fighting notably against Chaos, but wiling to kill anyone in their way to achieve it.

Necron: Going to try and frustrate the Eldar, and prevent them interfering with chaos for their own reasons. (think psuedo Blackstone fortress style plot)

Imperial Guard: Play them as rebel PDF, and then you can fluffilly fight them against SM. They can just be the hosts of the location where the fighting is going on, and &#39;caught in the crossfire&#39;, unaware of the artifact etc.

Tau: A Tau exploratory force that has discovered the fighting, and seeks to capture the goal of this combat themself. They know not what everyone else is fighting for but they want it for themselves it is worth shedding so much blood over.

Then you just need a narrative, and idea for specific campaign waypoints, plot hinges etc. If you want an idea for some progression, this is always good to give you an idea what I mean by campaign waypoints.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gam...oth/default.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Addoran@Mar 12 2005, 11:28
    (SM versus SM is always unfluffy, it would be best to keep from these meeting head to head.
    If the campaign progression demands SM v SM, make it a night fight mission, they are unaware of the other&#39;s presence, friendly fire ensues, etc...
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sm vs. sm isnt always unfluffy, several times SM chapters fight against other space marine chapters when one company or another is supected of mutation or corruption of chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Originally posted by LBellouny@Mar 12 2005, 19:38
    If the campaign progression demands SM v SM, make it a night fight mission, they are unaware of the other&#39;s presence, friendly fire ensues, etc...
    [snapback]350715[/snapback]
    That&#39;s a really cool idea. I didn&#39;t think of that one.

Alternately, have it as a training excercise. The two chapters are competing to see who has the best troops, using &#39;soft&#39; bolter rounds and nonlethal tactics (though nonlethal probably isn&#39;t the easiest thing for a space marine to do.. there might be a few broken bones at the end.) The winner might get certain advantages in their next battle, indicating the morale boost caused by prooving themselves superior to the warriors of another chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think the Tau would just want to expand their empire. Just a question, how many days is htis campaign going to last? I think a whole system would be a good campaign. Maybe the goal is mysterious bio-metal that grows on the planets of the system. Stronger than ceramite and light and pine wood. Who knows, just a suggestion. Maybe the Necrons want it to help them return to a biological state. Who knows.
    <span style='color:blue'> Die Infantrie -
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -
    The Queens of the Services</span>

<span style='color:red'>Durch Wehrwillen zur Wehrkraft

Through military will to military strength</span>

<span style='color:gray'> &quot;In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine&quot;
    -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here&#39;s what i got... Sm and IG allied. Tau and Eldar allied. Chaos and Necrons allied. These alliances cannot change. I just need a story for the teams. &#33; of the SM teams droppped out and the Tyranids are by themselves. I just need story ideas.

Oh... and its also a city fight campaign in a city named grasmere.
    Anything that has been said above must be immediately

disregarded, as the high level of stupidity contained in every

word may cause you to drool on your computer thus causing

your own demise...

you know water+electricity= dead...-ness. :mellow:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast