Abhuman Last Chancers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluffwise, in your opinion would be justified to place Ogryns and Ratling models in a Last Chancers group, using the Last Chancers stats and upgrade and equipment options? After all, they are soldiers of the Imperial Giard. so they could be condamned to serve in a penal legion..or not so? Perhaps, being abhumans, if they committ a crime they are killed on the spot, without the possibility to atone...what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ratlings yes, they are a cowardly people and cowardice is enough to get you into a penal legion.
    Ogryns fluff wise i dont think so, loyalty to the emperor and the imperium is heavily engrained into their thick heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cadre_of_storms@Mar 17 2005, 05:50
    ratlings yes, they are a cowardly people and cowardice is enough to get you into a penal legion.
    Ogryns fluff wise i dont think so, loyalty to the emperor and the imperium is heavily engrained into their thick heads.
    [snapback]354784[/snapback]
    That's true, but noneless evn ogryns are individuals, and ther'r always the possibility of the "black sheep" pf the group...Alternatively, the ogryn could be in reality innocent of any crime end used as a scapegoat by some coward or incomeptent officer....i like to invent fluff for all my Last Chancers (and i also use "canon" fluff for the original twelve) and this could be good for a ogryn...
    IMO the difficult using ogryns as Last Chancers, and therefore using Last Chancers stats are due to the fact that ogryn's original "Physical" stats are so superior that they would not be correctely represented..and perhaps the contrary is true for ratlings..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I'm sure there are ogryns who get penalised (literally&#33 If nothing else, they are hugely strong and not very clever. Chaos marines with the same strength (5) are described as being able to snap a man's spine with ease. An Ogryn could quite easily injure a regular human just by giving them a friendly slap on the back.

Ruleswise though, it's tricky. Ratlings are just about passable as standard humans, but ogryns are very different beasts indeed. I think, though, that the line between ogryns and humans can be quite blurry. Read the description of the Kanak in the IG book. Maybe just use a big ugly human whose partially ogrynised.

If you need more abhumans, you could always include the ones in the latest White Dwarf. Most of those kind of Mutants would probably be more likely to be burned if they did anything wrong, but some of them might make it through to the last chancers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally ogryns were the humans on the penal colonies before being reunited with the empire, I think abhuman last chancers would be cool. Actually I was thinking of doing a mostly abhuman IG with last chancers as my mandatories just cause it seems to have a radical feel to it. That would be my recommendation and claim that the whole "army" were last chancers.

+ Reply to Thread