which race is overall most powerful, fluffwise - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: which race is the most powerful fluffwise

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • ttyyrraanniiddss

23 21.90%
  • orcs

16 15.24%
  • necrons

17 16.19%
  • imperium

30 28.57%
  • chaos

8 7.62%
  • eldar

3 2.86%
  • tau

4 3.81%
  • dark eldar

2 1.90%
  • other, squats harlequins

2 1.90%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which race is overall most powerful, fluffwise

if you put the entire armed forces of each of the factions on a giant flat battlefield(larger than a planet probably), which race do you think would prevail, keep in mind the imperium is all one race/faction and so are the chaos, eldar, necron, and orc, even if they might fight amungst themselves normaly. this is what i thought=
    #1=tyranids, this is because only a tiny portion of their forces come onto a planet to fight battles, and they probably have even more forces atacking other galaxies, so if they were all on one battlefield they would be devestating
    #2= orcs, for similar reasons as the tyranids, the only reason the orcs do not conquer is that they are scattered across almost every planet in the galaxy and are constantly fighting each other, if collected and united they would be incredibly powerful, though not in such incredibly huge numbers as the nids.
    #3=necrons, most of the necrons are still in stasis on tomb worlds, or guarding the sleeping necrons, also another 2 ctan have not come into play yet, but the necrons are still incredibly powerful, so if all awakened with the full compliment of ctan, the necrons would be the third most powerful force.
    #4=the imperium, they would be fourth because the only other race in contention is chaos, and the imperium is incredibly diverse and huge,while the chaos have a medium sised area around the storm of chaos, also the imperium would have every single SOB, space marine, and grey knight in the galaxy in one place, which is an incredibly elite core to their army.
    #5=chaos, chaos are fifth because they are the only other faction of enought power to even be in contention, but i do not feel they are as powerful as the others.
    #6= eldar, they are in such minescule numbers in comparison to the others that they are almost in last, but their insanly advanced technology, and super elite troops put them ahead of dark eldar, tau, and others.
    #7=tau, they control a tiny section of space and do not have a comparitivly powerful military, but their numbers put them over the dark eldar.
    #8=dark eldar, they ocupy only one planet, an thus are in such incredibly small numbers as to barely even count as their own faction on the galactic scale.
    #9=squats,harlequins,oldones, or anybody else, if they arent important enough to get a codex, then they arent a powerful enough force in the universe to even qualify for my list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you only count troops the list is mostly acurate but if we throwin vehicles then all of a suden the Impirium is beating everyone but the nids.
    I would rank it like this,
    1: nids
    2: Impirium
    3: orks
    4: necron
    5: chaos
    6: tau
    7: eldar
    8: Dark Eldar
    9: hrud
    10: everyone else.

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

it says, that if all the orks teamed together, nothing would be able to stand against them.
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

'Crons.

They have weapons that carve through adamantium like paper, are impervious to Nids since theyre not organic, and have billions of their on their side, all hard-as. And they get the self-repair bit as well.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't think there is a 'most powerful' race.

Each codex, with a few exceptions, constantly plays up the strengths of the race in question. Codex Necrons drones on and on about how the C'tan are the ultimate gods of doom with complete mastery of the universe (really, then why haven't they won yet?) The Space Marine codex drones on about the ultimate coolness of space marines. I've reached the point where, as far as I'm concenred, they're all really powerful and they're all fighting one another.. Except for eldar and dark eldar, who are on the way out.

As it is, I plumped for The Imperium, because I like the 'posthuman' theory.

As in, the idea that the Emperor was the perfected form of humanity (modern psykers being the crappy 'missing link' stage,) and eventually all humanity will be like the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Tyranids (they are refered to as splinter fleets for a reason, a tiny fraction of the total)
    2. Necrons (they are still mostly sleeping, they are the only race that could beat the 'nids.)
    3. Orks (if united they would be almost unstopable, 'crons also pose a huge threat to them.)
    4. Imperium
    5. Chaos
    6. Eldar
    7. Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Tyranids - Its just a matter of time til they eventually overrun the galaxy.
    2. Necrons - Fortunately, most of them are still in stasis.
    3. Imperium - They're barely holding on.
    4. Orcs - If they'd only unite, they might conquer the galaxy.
    5. Chaos - Blessed with powers of Chaos and the warp.
    6. Eldar - Eventhough they're a dying race, they still have pretty powerful arsenals.
    7. Tau - They still have a long way to go, but they have potential to be very powerful.
    8. Other - Harlequins, Hrud, Squats
    9. Dark Eldar
    Last edited by mr_yano; May 23rd, 2005 at 23:22.
    Is all good...

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Lol, just finished ranking races based on population, might as well rank them in terms of power. (I have all the codexes so I'm not talking out of my ass... I hope )

Necrons: When the necrons awake, they will be the harbingers of death upon the galaxy. This is not an idle claim as they did it 60 million years ago. Their C'tan gods are masters of the material universe and have complete domination over every other race except for the next one.

Chaos: (I.E. the forces of chaos including demons) since their powers come from the warp. They are probably the biggest threat to the Necrons. And since I gave the Necrons the #1 choice of most powerful, this means that chaos, and its warp mastery, must come in second.

Space Marines: Sure there are only a few of them when compared to other races, but they have one advantage, they are GW's babies. For this reason, fluff wise, the space marines have the ability to march through hoards of enemies and still come out unscathed. These "Angels of Death" of humanity have seemingly limitless fluff strength which is why they get the #3 spot.

Tyrandis: The great devourer has the potential to simply eat its way through the galaxy. Only chaos and the Necrons don't have much to fear from these bugs. But to all other races, their endless numbers have the potential to overwhelm even the strongest of enemies in a wave of bio-organic matter.

Immperium: Obvious why its powerful. The empire has billions upon billions of soldiers and workers that help drive the engine of humanity. If humanity ever does reach ascension, like the emperor had intended (damnable Horus) they will be more powerful than any race in the galaxy, including the three I listed above. In the mean time though, just living in the imperium is a continual fight for survival. But their awesome array of people and machines gets them a number 5 spot.

Orks: The orks get placed below the imperium because their power is much more based on potential. That is, IF the orks united they could overrun the galaxy. IF they worked as a race they could augment their weaknesses and truly become an unstable green tide. But the simple matter is they won't, at least not in the near future. Their continual warring amongst themselves leaves them without focus and thus leaves them as one of the lower races in the galaxy.

Eldar: Even though they are a dying race, their mastery of the Warp in coincidence with a very powerful army makes them a race to be recon with.

Tau: Even though they are low on the list, they truly are a powerful race. In essentially 2000 years they have developed some of the most powerful weaponry in the galaxy. This combined with their ration and sensible motto of "for the greater good" leads many other races to side with these surprisingly optimistic aliens in a gritty time of war and strife. But because they have such few numbers, they simply can't compete, yet, with the above listed races.

Dark Eldar: Not exactly like a flea (on the galactic scale), but more like a bee, sure their attacks can hurt but in truth, it’s just a sting (unless your allergic to bees of course, then you’re screwed).

I think that pretty well covers it. Please feel free to disagree with my reasoning but I tried to base this off fluff, which can be inconsistent.
    Last edited by thedrifter777; May 23rd, 2005 at 23:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Space marines and the Imperial Guard are on the same side so that puts the Impirium as a whole at #3. Plus the SM & IG are usually used together by the fluff doctrine.

But in all honesty, metagame wise, EVERYONE is the impiriums b*tch! Cause if the humans die its 'game over' and GW will never let that happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Necron: They are massive numbers, they repair themselves, they have energy to matter conversion technology, FTL engines, 4 Creatures nearly as old as the universe with a concienceness as large as a solar system, Currently sealing off the warp from the universe, once completed will pretty well end chaos, tyranid, and eldar. They've virtually defeated every race 65 million years ago.

2) Tyranid: massive numbers and constantly adapting. Nobody knows how many hivefleets there are but the tip of one hivefleet nearly destroyed an entire Eldar Craftworld (can't remember which one. Alaitoc?). They can constantly replenish their numbers by devouring enemies and kin alike.

3) Orks: Orks are spread out all over the galaxy. They have highly advanced teleportation and forcefield technologies. Their very biological nature allows tem to turn a barren rock into a self sustaining ecosystem. Even dead orks can restart a new ork army unless burnt.

After that, I'm not sure. But I believe Eldar are dead last. However, Tau are high up because they are developping at a hyper accelerated rate.
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast