Successors and Chapter Heritage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Successors and Chapter Heritage

Ive been wondering recently if anyone had found any snippet of info about some sort of listing that specifies which chapters come, and succeeding who, leading right back to the first founding. now i understand that theres 1000 chapters, so i dont mean every single chapter, but all those worth mentioning, throughout the foundings.
    perhaps if anyone would help, we could make one ourselves. it would be very helpful for those trying to make chapters themselves, in order to identify traits and fluff. just little bits of information about chapters would start, then build it up from there,

There is another thing i have been thinking about, and its worth noting it here. In most fluff it says that Chapters are created when enough gene seed of collective chapters has been gathered, analysed and perfected. so how does one get "successor" chapters of a specific chapter, if the gene seed is of that compiled from many chapters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

I didn't think Chapters were founded the way you mention; I thought they derived it from stocks of one particular type of geneseed, and the first zygotes had their progenoids harvested as soon as was biologically possible to do so to create new marines. Add to this that each (standard) marine has two gene-seeds, and the chapter will grow relatively quickly; if memory serves it takes about 50 years for a chapter to get up to full strength using this method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

It's more common for a sucessor to be created from the geneseed of a single chapter (the Ultramarines in mots cases) but every now and then they'll take material from two or more chapters to create new geneseed. In that case I think the chapter is officialy a sucessor of whatever chapter's material is used more.

Like for example if they where to create geneseed for a chapter using Ultramarine and Imperial Fist material, and it was like 60% Ultra and 40% IF, the new chapter would be in the books as an Ultramarine sucessor. At least that's how I figured it works.
    Last edited by Edicius; March 30th, 2005 at 18:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok, so they use the gene-seed of one chapter to create new ones? fair enough, would explain a few things

+ Reply to Thread