The Defenders of Tyran - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Defenders of Tyran

Ok this is my first attempt at any type of fluff so give me a break. But I do want your honest oppinion. Here goes:

Before the Tyrannic Wars the Defenders of Tyran were mighty and valiant Ultramarines. Then the Tyranid menace came from beyond the cosmos and took Tyran wiping out all but the few Defenders that escaped to Prandium. But this was to no avail as Prandium was just the next planet to fall to the invading creatures. Upon arriving at Macragge the few remaining Defenders of Tyran took it upon themselves to find a way to destroy the alien menace they being the most well experienced in fighting the creatures. The Defenders while researching the aliens bodies found a way to splice their genetic material with that of the Tyranids but as all pious space marines choose not to. But as the Tyranids made planet fall the Defenders thought of the help and incite they may gain in their fight with the alien creatures and thus went ahead with the experiments. This act of blasphemy proved invaluable to the Defenders who alone held the Fort Agamenon against the alien incursion. Soon other companies of Ultramarines came to find the atrocities that awaited them at Fort Agamenon. The Defenders of Tyran were soon forced out of the Fort by their own brethren in a heated battle. The records for these traitorous space marines were lost through the eons. The Defenders were thought to have become a lost company still loyal to the emporer but this is far from what actually occurred. After being rejected by their own brethren the Defenders festered a feeling of contempt and hatred toward their battle brothers and their emperor who apparently did not approve of their actions made in his name. Like all other forces that feel contempt for the emperor the Defenders of Tyran soon found themselves within the eye of terror where they met up with one of their most trusted allies, Fabius Bile. This ally showed them ways of being able to make themselves more Tyranid like and even being able to use psykers by drawing power from the massive hive fleets and Tyranid telepathy. In exchange Bile asked for but one thing that thing is captives for him to experiment on. After many eons of battle against the false emperor the leader of the Defenders of Tyran was granted daemon hood by the gods of chaos. Unlike other daemon princes his transformation helped him take of the form a mighty Tyranid warrior. Recently the Defenders of Tyran have aligned themselves with the Iron Warrior Legion and the mutant and traitor forces within the Eye of Terror.

And that would be it what do you think? Im thinking about converting my chaos space marines to heave tyranid limbs and the like to go with this story that I personaly like.

You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyran was an extremely remote planet in the south eastern quarter of the galaxy the only imperial precence a Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator research station which was wiped out by a huge Tyranid invasion, as the first recorded encounter with this alien menace, Tyran gave its name ot the Tyranids

its a good story but fluff wise its hard to Tyranid half breed marines, Genestealer infected at a pinch (perhaps stranded on a Hulk for eons)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea, what list would you be using? LATD? The only problem from the fluff end is that Tyran was wiped clean of all life. If you make it a different system around Tryan you could say that after hearing of the Tryanids attack they traveled there to investigate, found Tryanid bodies to operate on. Thus they could still be called the defenders of Tyran.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

The problem that deversnik has mentioned is quite easily steamrollered: the Imperium wipes all records of foes they believe to be defeated, and so it is perfectly possible for the Defenders to have been at the events that they mention. And if they took the adepts with them, they -could- have found a way to dual splice genetic material, but this is unlikely as the knowledge that the Imperium has of the Nids, particularly then, is very sparse. I would go with some kind of Genestealer DNA infecting the marines, with the usual cult development that follows. The cycle of reproduction with cults would also go a long way to explaining why there are normal marines in your force (a condition of the Chaos list).

It goes:
    Original impregnation -> 4-armed hybrid, almost pure genestealer -> 3-armed hybrid, more human features although bestial face, lack of hair and heavy bone structure remain, as well as the 3rd arm being Stealer -> 2-armed hybrid, hairless, heavily-boned human, possibly Magus -> Purestrain Genestealer. And they don't need any specific gender to impregnate or give birth. Just the bit of genestealer anatomy that allows impregnation (and before you ask, I have no idea what it is, just that all 'stealers have it).

And Fabius Bile... not sure quite how that would have happened; the nearest point of refuge for the Defenders would have been the Maelstrom, and I don't think Bile has ever been known to pay a visit. A heretical bunch of marines trying to travel through Segmentum Solar to reach the Eye of Terror would most likely be spotted and exterminated before it got there.

they need a more definite name, this title would not be sported by a company of Ultramarines on garrison duty, and they probably would have renamed themselves after they fled (Astral Claws -> Red Corsairs is a prime example of this).

And I want to hear more about their escape from Ultramar, that sounds most intruiging...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off I'd like to that all of you for giving input. Now some of the issues you had with my story.

I get it that it doesn't seem resonable to be able to splice the tyanids gentics with that of the space marines at such an early age of dealing with the tyranids. So I have decided to say that some kind of twisted genestealers cult began. But that doesn't explain them being able to still think for themselves because once a person is impregnated then they die to make a new genestealer that follows the hive minds. So how would that work?

Ok so Tyran was a desolate planet in the south eastern part of the galaxy. I still like the name of the Defenders of Tyran so Im gonna stick with that as their final name and just go with what sanctus said:
    The only problem from the fluff end is that Tyran was wiped clean of all life. If you make it a different system around Tryan you could say that after hearing of the Tryanids attack they traveled there to investigate, found Tryanid bodies to operate on. Thus they could still be called the defenders of Tyran.
    Now I see some of you are lost on what kind of army Ill be fielding for this. I was planing on using either my Lost and the Damned or Iron Warriors. Interchangably I guess.

I didn't realize that to get to the eye of terror you had to pass through the segmentum solar. But in any case I was gonna say that they just drifted through real space and warp space for eons and eons before eventually coming in contact with the eye of terror.
    You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

The hosts don't die when they give birth, the growing foetus devours part of the host's brain in order to make it subservient to it, but it doesnt' kill it. You'd still have "parent" marines around, just ones that are fanatically loyal to defending their offspring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

This idea is silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Problems:

1/Tyran had nothing to do with the Ultramarines, it was an Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost.
    2/Space Marines hate Xenos religiously.
    3/Space Marines hate mutations religiously.
    4/Your trying to create Mutant Xeno space marines. No marines would be that desperate, ever.
    5/Chaos and Tyranids aren't compatable. Tyranids don't care about Chaos, just eating. Chaos don't care about Nids, only when they get in their way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the bit of genestealer anatomy that allows impregnation (and before you ask, I have no idea what it is, just that all 'stealers have it).
    Xerxes, you just reminded me of a VGCats comic. ::shudders::
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    Problems:

1/Tyran had nothing to do with the Ultramarines, it was an Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost.
    2/Space Marines hate Xenos religiously.
    3/Space Marines hate mutations religiously.
    4/Your trying to create Mutant Xeno space marines. No marines would be that desperate, ever.
    5/Chaos and Tyranids aren't compatable. Tyranids don't care about Chaos, just eating. Chaos don't care about Nids, only when they get in their way.

1. Like it was previously said the Imperium removes any record of any enemy that they have thought that was defeated. If there was a large battle between these marines and the Imperium that the Imperium won they might have thought them wiped out.

2. I thought that the Daemon hunters hated Chaos religiously? There are still radicals amoung them. I know that marines don't typically do this but there are chaos space marines aren't there? So some must not belive that so strongly.

3. See above thought.

4. Not that desperate? Some chapters fled to the warp, that is much more desperate than accepting mutations.

5. Since the tyranid mutations are mutations why couldn't the corrupting force of the warp acclerate this mutation? And I didn't think that Fabius Bile was aligned with any chaos god. I would tone down the granted Daemon hood thing and replace it with Fabius Bile finding a way to make the mutation more fully.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast