Balence Should Be Number 1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't stand people bitching about their army having "unreasonable" limitations. Game Balence should always be put before fluff. GW has to make certain sacrifices to make a smooth-flowing game.

How realistic is it that when to armies confront one another, one army moves, shoots and fires, then the other. I realize there are rules that show that this is supposed to represent simultaneous action, like the rule about only being able to glance a vehicle that moved a certain distance. But then why does one army take all its casualties before firing, and then the other army takes its casualties before firing again.

To be fair, there would be certain units that could fire first. In fact, my friend and I actually came up with a priority system, where certain characteristics of a unit would determine when it would fire. A unit on one team might go, and then two on another. It comes down to whether it is a skimmer (if a vehicle), has a jetpack, is fast attack, wearing certain types of army.

This worked out very well, it just took a long time. So this is why one team goes before the other. It saves time, even though it may be unrealistic.

I would not appreciate the game if GW produced 200 boxes of space marines, 1,500 boxes of tau, 10,000 boxes of orks, and made the space marines win every time. I think the armies should be balenced, so people who invested hundreds of dollars and hours of their time into this game can still compete on an even playing field.

If people decide its unreasonable to have the necrons phase out if there are less units then they have, they are deciding to put story (or in this case logic of the necrons) before game balence. It is an unreasonable demand.

Disagree? Agree? Worship? Miller-bash? RESPOND!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two armies. Not to armies. That was driving me crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that balance is the most important thing, (I think that is obvious, no offense), but I also think that the fluff is what drives the game.

A game of chess is balanced, (though I suppose it could be argued that white or black have the advantage, depending on whether you like to go first or second), but that kind of balance isn't as enjoyable as 40k could/should be.

Now don't get me wrong, 40k has alot of variety in it that makes things more interesting, but most of the armies have a pretty consistent make up when you get down to the nitty gritty. Similar options for alot of armies, and that's where things can stagnate imo. GW has made some of the armies extremely adaptable, which means that the armies aren't really that unique from each other, but the units that the players end up fielding still make things interesting. My point is just that the whole prospect of wargaming depends on people getting into the armies they field, getting into the fluff. Both the eldar and the imperium, (and of course chaos, who tend to borrow the imperium's gear and goth it up a bit), field walkers that can be wicked in CC. The fluff is the only thing that matters there to me though, imperial and chaos dreadnoughts are visceral, whereas wraithlords seem dorky to me. So, I do think its important for the game to follow the fluff, and I don't see why fluff and balance should have to be compromised really. The game rules are entirely of GWs making: so through work, (that's what we're paying their exorbitant prices for), they should be able to make the fluff and gameplay meet.

I was gonna say something else, but I forgot. :blink:

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that balance is the most important thing, (I think that is obvious, no offense), but I also think that the fluff is what drives the game.

Just read this thread and actually surprised there aren't more comments so here's my pennies worth...

for the most part the fluff I read namely the books from the Black Library concern the Space Marines/ Imperial Guard winning against the the alien scum.

We have hardly had anything about the Eldar fighting a rear guard action against extinctionwith or without the mon keigh.

What's the motivation of the Tau? The "Greater Good" needs to be explained by those in the Black Library.

I'm all for the "good" guy to win and I do hate it if the "bad" guys get the upper hand. Good and Bad being relative to whichever race you belong to I suppose.

Chaos Marines from what I'm told is popular at the moment and we even have fluff about the Soul Drinkers, marines fallen to Chaos, but now fight for the Emperor.

The rest or Chaos are just a bunch of bullies out for themselves, which in the long run would be pretty bleak and unexciting.

:a
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Closed Thread