*Sister Differences*...not all SOB are the same - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

*Sister Differences*...not all SOB are the same

The differences between the main Orders…NOT ALL SISTERS ARE THE SAME!!!
    :!: One thing I’ve found is that there is not much fluff on making the Orders different from one another. The Space Marines, Imperial Guardsmen etc. have different companies and regiments that are recognised for their individuality (e.g Ultramarines + Space Wolves, Cadians + Mordian’s), however there is no distinctiveness within the Adeptus Sororitas. When people see the Sisters they think of nuns with guns that are all the same and that the only difference between the Order’s are the colour scheme. Through the help of my old SOB codex and my own imagination I’ve decided to write how I see the Order’s and how I see them as being different from one another. I do not say that my words are the Bible for I know players who have created SOB army’s would totally go against this fluff, but take this as an idea…and bla bla bla (I’m sure your not interested)!… :arrow:

At the moment I have written about my three favourite Orders, but I plan also to write about the other orders too: Order of the Sacred Rose, Bloody Rose and Valorous heart, as well as some of the lesser heard of, Orders. This I will hopefully get round to doing some other time if anyone seems interested.

Order of Our Martyred Lady
    Once known as the Order of the Fiery Heart. The name was changed after Saint Katherine in the 36th milenium. I have found a story that I think fits adequately into the history of this change. http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare...04/fluff2.html . This is the most mixed Order of the Sororitas, but generally the sisters are serious in their works but yet humble. They are renowned for their attempts to spread the creed and for bringing safety to the weak and those in turmoil. They do takes many of the more important vows but discard the rest. Although it depends on the company’s Canoness, most sisters are restricted to have contact with other militants unless they be other Sororitas, however there are some exceptions. Generally these sisters are deep traditionalists and often pray to the Emperor as well as to their patron saint. These sisters whom are not afraid of death, strive within even the most hopeless of wars. The Order is the largest of the Sororitas and has had a long history of turbulence and success. Many heroes have risen from the shadows of this covenant. But the recent losses of the Order have induced a serious threat to its future. The uniforms of the Order of Our Martyred Lady emphasise black armour and cloaks, with red linings for the cloaks, red weaponry and white used for the piping around the cloaks and for the unit insignia; although there are variations. A popular variation is with The cloaks black, the weapons red, the piping silver and the torso armour and boots are black while the shoulder plates and leg armour is red.

“…My Convent has for years opened their arms unto sacrifice under the name of our holy Emperor, striving against the darkness of Chaos, heretics and aliens. Many have fallen but look upon us now and you shall see the many survivors. Although our wounds are deep and constant, our bodies mutilated, bodies that before YOU once considered beautiful; our strength grows through those scars and faith flows through our blood. The Emperor is in need soldier, and we will answer his cry. Remember that we are the dancers on the battlefield. We are the warriors from within the shadow and if we fall, we shall live on for WE ARE ADEPTUS SORORITAS! WE ARE LIVING, FIGHTING FAITH! AND FAITH WILL NEVER DIE!?
    Canoness Kitanna La’Forge of the Order of Our Martyred Lady.

Order of the Ebon Chalice
    The sisters of the Ebon Chalice are considered as the most devout of all the Orders. They are also considered as the most serious too. They restrict their sisters from having any contact with anyone outside the Order, including other militants and even sisters from the other Orders too. They fight with a certain sense of chivalry and remain to the old teachings of the arts of war, hexing anything new, modern or slightly out of the forms of ‘the old way’. They have a great respect for the teachings of the ancestors, but refuse to pray to anyone including saints, for they believe that only the Emperor is almighty enough to deserve such devotions. They are strict to all vows and force it upon all their sisters. Any non-conformity or any slight violation of the vows would lead to a sister being physically punished in front of her fellow sisters or being denounced into a Sister Repentia. They repulse all the other militants, believing that their way is the one true and only way. They have a bad reputation with the Order of the Argent Shroud whom they are seen as conceited, arrogant and egotistic, while the Ebon Chalice see the sisters of the Argent Shroud as the heretics and rebels of the Sororitas. Their commanders and Canoness’s have a tendency to backstab other commanders of the Ministorum to gain more power, they are considered sly, deceitful and very cunning. A Battle Sisters of this Order wears black armour and white cloaks. The lining of their cloaks is red, and the hems are embellished with silver studs. Their weapon casings are a deep red.

“These Sisters are more stuck up than a grox with a lasgun shoved up its hind!!!?
    Inquisitor Kriptman

Order of the Argent Shroud
    The Sisters of the Argent Shroud are hard bitten with no tolerance for the world of men. These Sisters are often numbered with veterans all of whom are merciless in battle and literally do fight tooth and nail. They often ignore the traditional and clean methods of assault and rely on more fierce and brutal methods such as fistfights, head butts and moves to the groin. This Order is often shunned by many of the other Orders for being ‘slack’ in their teachings and there is an ongoing rivalry between the Argent Shroud and the Order of the Ebon Chalice. They consider vows of chastity, vows against being intoxicated and other such declarations should only be taken upon the personal decision of the sister herself. They have a great respect of their ancestors rather than their ancestor’s teachings and have separate prayers dedicated to ancient ancestors and martyrs of their Order. As the name of the Order suggests, its Battle Sisters wear silver armour coupled with white cloaks that have red linings. The weapons they wear are also red. However I have seen an Argent Shroud army with Silver and yellow piping, black cloak and black armour with dark purple cloak lining and dark purple weapons.

“These witches are not women! I saw one of them bite into the neck of a Tyranid gaunt as its blood sprayed onto her face. And I saw another remove the entrails of a dead Chaos Space Marine and use them to tie back her hair. Not even my men would dare go near these female barbarians!?
    Colonel Rubuck of the 12th Company of the Khirision Home Guard.

Hope you liked it. Got any more ideas please reply. Please tell me what you think!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Yeah I know there's more of them. I read about it somewhere, I think on some site, but I can't remember which one..
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also read about another order in Deathwing, they wore all white with crowns and helped take care of mental patients i'll look up their name when i have a chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

i also read about another order in Deathwing, they wore all white with crowns and helped take care of mental patients i'll look up their name when i have a chance
    They would of been one of the orders of the order hospitaller (confusing isen't it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

hehe. Exactly how many orders are there?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as many as the worlds of the Imperium or at least as many as there are space marine chapters hint hint wink wink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What distinguishing features separates these Orders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill leave that one to sister mel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

The adepta sororitas are separated into two parts. Those are the Convent Sanctorum and the Convent Prioris. Those 2 covenants are then seperatedted into five other orders: the orders militant (all the orders of the military,: e.g Order of Our Martyred Lady), the orders Hospitaller ( the orders trained in medacine, e.g. Order of the Eternal Candle), the Orders Famulous (the orders trained with foreign relations e.g. Order of the Key), the Orders Dialogus (the orders trained with translation e.g. Order of the Quill) and last but not least the minor orders (which include everything else).
    If you wanted to know the distinguishing features that seperate the militant orders: well i've got 3 examples in my first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant what symbols or colors distinguish them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast