Traitor Fleets? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Traitor Fleets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Traitor Fleets?

How would they tie in with 40k traitors? I want to link my LatD (predominantly Traitor) fluff in with treachery from the Imperial Navy, and was wondering how to do it. The 40k lot can't be mutinous crew, otherwise they'd be losing them all the time, decreasing the ships' effectiveness. Anyone got any ideas? It would be particularly neat if it could be tied into the EoT campaign somehow.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't quite understand what you mean by 40k traitors, i think a number of Imperial Navy battlegroups turned traitor at the onset of the 13th Crusade

the eye of terror newsletters are quite good for background fluff for the campaign
    http://www.eyeofterror.com/us/newsle...ewsletterX.htm

sounds really good anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes perfect sense, good thinking that heretic.

Well, what fluff have you written concerning how your LatD army turned traitor?
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing i've not really understood, when a IMperial Navy Vessel goes traitor would it have to have its navigator turn Chaos? i think Chaos vessels can navigate to a degree by sacrifice and divination

i think i read somewhere that some of the Navigator families turned traitor during the Horus Heresy and also fled to the Eye, but do many turn traitor from loyal families?

anyway LatD army, traitor guard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a possessed Admiral/Navigator? Your traitor boys could have kidnapped him and shoved a burning crystal containing the soul of a deranged daemon in his head, or somesuch agreeable nonsense... or even have the ships themselves possessed, guided not by any mortal crew but by the unholy intelligences of a daemonic entity...

Ah, I loved that last bit
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

My existing fluff is here. I want new stuff coz I checked out the EoT campaign website and it turns out Narsine didn't fall to Chaos. That and I've fallen in love with BFG over the last few days (it's all in the air, I have nothing but the rulebook so far).

Regards the Navigator, what happened the old-fashioned coercion? Or plain keeping them in the dark about things? These guys aren't overly Chaotic, I envisioned a bit of Alpha Legion involvement. They get badly mutated later though (when I expand my army).

+ Reply to Thread