New SM chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New SM chapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New SM chapter

I'm thinking of having a Space Marine chapter who guard the Imperiums treasury.
    1: does the Imperium have a treasury or something similar?
    2: what do you think of the idea?
    3: any suggestions for a name?
    At the moment there colour scheme is red and white but I'm open to suggestions,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I am sure there is something of a treasury.

2. Don't think it would work really well because I thought that Adeptus Costodes takes care of the Emperor and things on earth. (I THINK)

3. The name would have to have some form of Guard or Guardian in it I think, maybe like The Guardians of Terra or something.

4. I would use either Red or Gold for the paint scheme, I would lean towards Gold.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As far as I'm aware.. there is no single imperial treasury. Remember that many worlds of the Imperium are only dimly aware that they are part of an empire at all, and only then because of the universal bodies like the Arbites and the Ministorium. I'd guess many planets have their own treasuries and so forth.

In fact, I don't think there's any set system of wealth in the Imperium, so there's no universal idea of what's valuable and what isn't. They always struck me as more utilitarian then aesthetic, so things like high-technology and innate birth-status are more important than any kind of 'liquid' money.

But, you could have them guarding something very valuable. Maybe a massive stash of a very rare metal with useful properties, or a huge collection of archaic wargear or holy relics (just don't call them the relictors!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    But, you could have them guarding something very valuable. Maybe a massive stash of a very rare metal with useful properties, or a huge collection of archaic wargear or holy relics (just don't call them the relictors!)
    I think that you're on to something pretty good, guarding something that pertains to wealth but not necessarily money. Gold would be a sweet color to use because it would make them look powerful and wealthy.
    ...upon your defeat you retreat to the morgue, for maybe you will find a better life amongst the dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

If your SM chapter is going to be guarding something I'd recommend guarding a rare resource instead of money, holy relics, wargear, or technology. Tech stuff is the Adeptus Mechanus' area of responsibility and I think wargear & the like would probably be protected by the Ordo Maleus/Xenos.
    IMO your chapter should be guarding a planet (or system) rich in (add suitable resource) that is invaluable to the neighboring forgeworlds adjacent to it. Losing this valuable world (or worlds) would seriously undermine the industrial capability of the Imperium to wage war in the sector...How does that sound?
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

I doubt they'd have something as centralised as a treasury, otherwise planetary governors wouldn't have half as much freedom as they do. The closest you might come is a department of the Administratum, or the Departmento Munitorium, which is at least in the case of the former, on Terra and thus catered for by the Custodes and the Imperial Fists.

As for what they could actually guard, I'm letting the Wookie win on this one; you could have some kind of protectorate over a system if you want a real emphasis on wealth and not much else. But that does mean that they couldn't jet off to exotic locations as they'd always be guarding their homeworld.

+ Reply to Thread