Storm Hawk Name change - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storm Hawk Name change

This is mainly to all of you who posted on my other threads about the Storm hawks because you know about them. I recently bought the How to Paint Space Marines and I saw that there is already a Storm Hawks chapter! :o NO! Anyway they are red and white so they are not anything like the black with white shoulder pads with 3 shades of extreme blue hilighting that is my army so I was wondering what you guys thought I should rename them?

I would like to stay with the Storm thing. My emblem is a lightning bolt but I don't have to have a bird name in it.

Some of my ideas

Storm Fists
    Storm of the Emperor's Wrath
    and so on, I would really like to hear what you guys think because I don't have the best imagination for names in the world.

<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Storm Chapter (why not, you have the Aurora chapter?) ;P
    Stormbringers
    Storm Brothers
    Storm Riders
    Sons of Thor (yes, there is a very cool looking Viking inspired chapter with a similar or identical name in the newest WD, but Thor is big on thunder, so it works.)
    Sons of Zeus (Same deal, different pantheon. If you can think of any more mythological figures with storm-related dominions i.e. Quetzalcoatl (Aztec), Set (Egyptian) or one of the many Japanese gods associated with the weather, then insert them here)

Can't think of any more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

If you want to stick with the birds theme (I know you said you didn't entirely want to, but you still could) slot in Eagles and Falcons instead of Hawks. Or another kind of bird of prey, although something like Storm Kestrels doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

And about the other gods that Mantis brought up, what kind of culture is your chapter? You've posted on them before, so give me a link to browse through, or give me a revised summary. That way you can see which god is most appropriate for your chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

How about "The Order of the Brothers Tempest"? Wait a minute!...How about the "Thunderbirds"? Hmm...no, probably not. :blink:
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storm Brothers or The order of the Brother Tempest. Think my little brain and make a decision!

Thanks all of you guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

You can never go wrong with the name of some diety from an obscure ancient religion. Try this, it's basicly a really long list of Storm God names from a truckload of really old cultures. You can always pick one that sounds cool and stick a "Sons of" in front of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Storm Hawks chapter

Tim Wollweber AKA GrimTeef also has a Storm Hawks chapter. You can check out the iconography here:
    http://www.thewarp.net/war/liber/chapfo/stormhawks.htm.

His Storm Hawks have been featured in White Dwarf and even in the newest Codex: Space Marines:
    http://www.games-workshop.es/warhamm...metal_09_b.jpg.

It seems strange to me that they included that white and red Storm Hawks chapter in the HTPSM book, when they are very aware of Tim's chapter which has been around for years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does he work for GW? If he doens't then they proably don't care about his chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus
    does he work for GW? If he doens't then they proably don't care about his chapter.
    No, but considering that they've featured his work numerous times and that his Storm Hawks Dread is in the 4th edition Codex: Space Marines, it seems odd that they'd whip up another chapter sharing the same name. But then the galaxy is a big place and the Administratum is probably backlogged with centuries worth of paperwork, so who knows? Maybe there's two (or even three) seperate Storm Hawks chapters... ^_^

"This meeting of The High Lords of Terra will now convine. Let us begin by welcoming The Storm Hawks to the noble ranks of the Adeptes Astartes... um yes, Bruce? Is there something you'd like to say?"

"Well Frank, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that there's already a chapter called The Storm Hawks. Remember? The guys from that one planet? 24th Founding if I recall."

"I see. Well Bruce, perhaps you'd like to volunteer to dig up that paper work? Most of those records are kept in the CCVIth strata, MMMCMXCIXth sublevel, filing cabinet III of The Imperial Archives. The filing clerks of the MMMCMXCIXth sublevel are renowned for their efficiency, so as long as the queue is moving along smoothly, it should only take you approximately 97 years, 4 months and 15 days to retrieve the needed documentation."

"On second thought Frank, I may be mistaken."
    Last edited by Elusive71; April 19th, 2005 at 23:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast