Eternity Gate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eternity Gate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eternity Gate

This is proably a dumb question but I was reading up on the Blood Angels and it says that they defended the eternity gate on terra. What is the eternity gate and what is behind it?

<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Let me answer your questions...

Tut tut. Being a Chapter master you shoud know these things. Well, let this Inqusitor tell you:

The Eternty gate is a huge gate. Like a Freak'n massive, huge, massive, huge, massive gate. On the (giant) doors is a picture of the Emperor defeating Horus, or some great enemy of the Imperium. It also prtoects the entrance to the Imperial palace, me thinks.

The march along the Eternity Gate is filled with the banners and tropheys of the many great victories the Emperors forces have won. So the Ultramarines would have, like, a banner from Macragge after the winning the battle of the afore mentioned planet. The blood Angels defended this gate during the seige of the Imperial Palace (I'm guessing they moved the banners out of the way to fight ) and at the closing of the gate Sanguinius defeated and cast a giant Bloodthirster back into the warp.

Over and Out

Scribe Yossanrion

P.S.
    Anyother questions, just ask.
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; April 18th, 2005 at 01:28. Reason: forgot to mention something
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ONe problem with your description of the eternity gate Inquistor, it was there before the beginning of the Heresy, therefore the massive doors that you so eloquently described (not sarcastic, I think that's the best description possible) Would not originally portray the Emperor defeating Horus. I believe they were breached after the gates were closed, so have most likely been replaced by doors bearing such a visage, but originally they must have had something else.
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Fine buddy

Hey dude, Don't aplologise. Thanks for correcting me.

It would be a bit wierd if they had a picture of Horus defeated by the Emperor on the doors... before it happened. lol

Over and out

Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody hasn't read his rulebooks.

Both the third and fourth edition rulebooks have descriptions of both the Eternity Gate and the Imperial Palace 3-4 pages into either one. The 3rd edition has a better (and longer) description for both. Lazy GW, they have the same drawings in each book.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Indeed, look at the preface to the 4ed rulebook, there is a page entitled 'The Eternity Gate'. Basically it is the gate to the inner perimeter of the Imperial Palace. Being very massive, it is adorned with a token or banner for every Imperial Campaign/Victory.

In the Heresy, as the Palace defenses crumbled, the Blood Angels formed a rearguard as the defenders streamed inside. Sanguinius himself stood at the gate as the last man, and in the process got attacked by a Bloodthirster. Basically he wrestled with it and picked it up, and then snapped its back over his knee and calmly closed the gate behind him. Yes, thats how powerful the Primarchs were.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read the Eternity gate entries in both 3rd and 4th rulebooks but I didn't think that it described what was behind it well I guess. Sorry.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

He killed the Bloodthirster after being stabbed in the chest three times and fighting for fifty-five days, then went on to lead a squad of assault terminators into a demon-infested Chaos capital ship, fight his way through Horus' personal guard, duel with Horus for about three hours and cut a hole in his neck plate that the Emperor exploited in order to kill the Warmaster.

Sanguinius then went on to kill thirty wild forest bears armed with nothing but his penis and arm-wrestle a Dreadnought to the ground with his left hand whilst drinking a massive barrel of pure alcohol and simultaneously making love to three beautiful women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Three beautiful women?

And to think, I used to not like Blood Angels...
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

+ Reply to Thread