Craftworld Q'lirahz - Iyanden Eldar (really big fluff) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworld Q'lirahz - Iyanden Eldar (really big fluff)

This list uses the rules for Craftworld Iyanden, there is a lot of fluff here so read at your own peril. The craftworlds story will be added to as their campain of vengeance continues.List Here

Craftworld Q'Lirahz

Everyone knows the story of the Eldar, of the fall, and how the craftworld traders came to rescue those who had not yet fallen to the madness and depravity. The craftworlds fled from the inner worlds as untold billions of eldar sacrificed themselves to awaken Slaanesh, who in turn tore open the eye of terror and let chaos spew forth.

This is the story of a Craftworld who's escape was not so successful.

On the eve of the fall, there was chaos, not in the demonic sense, just general panic and anarchy, the eldar of Q'lirahz were dragging their feet. They were trying to take as many people as possible with them, for the craftworld was quite large but had been run with a small crew and therefore had more capacity than the others for rescue work. The main reason for this delay however was the traders daughter, Laseina. She was his life, and he had spoilt her, everything he had was hers, he loved her so greatly humans cannot even begin to fathom his love. Due to this upbringing, she always wanted more.

She had dissappeared while planetside aiding refugees, he feared she was taken by the fallen, many of whom were already preparing for their dark acts, only mere hours away. When the time came to leave, she was not found, reluctantly, he gave the order to enter the webway. As the ship departed, he was seen departing in a small vessel, deciding to search for her until the very end. At this moment, the fallen committed their deed.
    Slaanesh awoke;
    The eye of terror tore the world asunder;
    Sections of the webway collapsed;
    Q'lirahz was torn back into real space, damaged and lost.

As the crew recovered, the traders XO, Yovek, saw Laseina creep out of hiding, he raced over to her, both berieved for her father, and angry for her deceit. One look in her eyes however, and he knew something was wrong. She told him was that she had a seeing earlier, that if she didn't hide during the rescues, she would die, as would everyone on board. Yovek knew her well, she was forever making up stories, he began to berate her when alarms rang out through the ship. many of the people they had rescued had turned when the great tide of chaos hit the ship, nearly half the people on board had begun slaying and sacrificing in the name of Slaanesh.

And so the war began.

As the years past, it came to see that Laseina's seeing was true, she was a powerful psyker, without her noone would have survived, other craftworlds sent technology in the form of weapons, soul stones and wraithguard, with laseina's abilities, they were able to raise a new army quickly, if they hadn't the fallen and depraved would have slaughtered everyone on board. The craftworld was so badly damaged that it had to crawl slowly through realspace. As generations past, the size of the crew shrank, the eldar began to follow the path and aspects grew. Then they were found again, by their drepraved cousins, only referred to as Dark Eldar.

They were attacked via the webway, enemies poured in from every access available, the fighting was intense, but well suited to the wraithguard, their size and armour was perfect for ship fighting, as they pressed home defence, farseers and their acolytes would seal webway access for eternity. Until none remained. The craftworld was now completely cut off. Slowly the numbers fell, until their were few eldar left alive, the bonesingers were actually stripping the craftworld, trying to make it smaller and repair the damage done with the few resources remaining. The farseers of the time decided to start launching raids on nearby systems, based mainly of wraithguard, with a few aspect warriors for support. There was noone willing to help, the dead were more than willing to help restore the craftworld. The farseers began talking of getting to the eye, and exacting vengeance on Slaanesh for what had befallen them, this strange drive for vengeance began to permeate everyone alive, and dead.

Througout the battles for resources, the bulk of their aspects were either killed off or scattered, until one day, there were none left, noone seemed to mind, there were barely enough eldar alive to crew the craftworld, let alone fight in groups of infantry, so the job fell more and more to wraithguard. The generations passed until the present day, when the bonesingers finally declared the craftworld safe to enter the webway, the nearest webway gate was merely a few hundred years away. The current leader, and only remaining farseer, Laseina Moreileth - named after the legendary Laseina, ordered they make maximum speed towards it, regardless of what lay in the way.

This region of space, between the craftworld and the webway gate, is known as the Tau Empire.

Sounds fairly cut and dry to me.

There shall come a time,
    When one who has the heart of a Kilrathi,
    but is not Kilrathi born,
    Shall rain cleansing fire down upon us,
    and Kn'Thrak, a time of great darkness
    Shall embrace us.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I though your craftworld was near to the eye of terror?
    the Tau empire is on the other side of the galaxy to that, so how could you be moving towards it as your target?
    Plus i'm not sure exactly how Laseina saved everyone from dying...
    AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without the advent of a seer on board, how could they awaken soul stones to power the wraithguard? Without an army of wraithguard, the craftworld surely would have fallen.

I should clarify, when the craftworld was torn from the webway, it was scattered to the far reaches of the galaxy, hence out past the Tau.
    Sounds fairly cut and dry to me.

There shall come a time,
    When one who has the heart of a Kilrathi,
    but is not Kilrathi born,
    Shall rain cleansing fire down upon us,
    and Kn'Thrak, a time of great darkness
    Shall embrace us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by knthrak
    Without the advent of a seer on board, how could they awaken soul stones to power the wraithguard?
    They would also have not developed soulstones that quickly after the Fall. It would have been a gradual process of introduction, as they realised where their unbound souls were going.
    Plus the fact that many Eldar were Seers at this time. The impression I get is that all Eldar have psychic potential, but only some choose to unleash it in the Path of the Seer. Before there was an Eldar Path however, I doubt they would have restrained it in such a way.
    And I don't know much about the Wraithguard, but I thought that all they'd need is bonesingers; they need seers to help the 'guard to see, but I didn't think they were necessary to construct them.

Quote Originally Posted by knthrak
    I should clarify, when the craftworld was torn from the webway, it was scattered to the far reaches of the galaxy, hence out past the Tau.
    When was it "torn from the Webway"? As I read it, the farseers sealed off the Webway to stop Dark Eldar raids. Which wouldn't scatter the Craftworld in that way.

Also, when Slaanesh was born, large amounts of Eldar died, they didn't turn to worship her. That only came afterwards, with the Eldar left on the Crone Worlds.

And why would other Craftworlds have sent soulstones? They're part of that craftworld's heritage, part of their history. It'd be like carving up the Tower of London to build an army barracks somewhere in Yorkshire, except with the added dimension of losing large portions of the craftworld's developing consciousness.

+ Reply to Thread