Librarium Online Forums banner

Astronomican unleashed?

744 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Kiradia 
#1 ·
Think about it, each Astronomican goes through the soul-binding, almost no other psykers do this except GK, because it is agonizing and extremely deadly, yet if u survive you get some of the Emperors own power. but other than GK the Astros are trained as best as can be by the Imperium.

Basically, 10,000 Highly trained psykers with some of the Emperors own power getting up out of the Astronomican choir and going to kik ass on every1? watcha think about the idea in general?

P.S I know this is never gioing to happen btw because then the Golden Path would fail and warp travel would be impossible but i was just speculating.

#3 ·
In all but the most powerful psykers, soul binding causes blindness.

And no, astronomicon psykers aren't at all comparable to GK, since GK are space marines. Now, even if you took the few astronomicon psykers who weren't blind, frail, or physically tied into machinery, (and ignoring fluff that says SM implants go in at an early age) and implanted them with SM implants, they wouldn't number very many. And wouldn't have the training, etc that was needed.

#4 ·
Im talknig about how powerful of a psyker they were going to be because they reached thier maximum potential with all that psyker training unlike most regular GK

And it says they compensate for blindness with thier other senses and sharper psychic abilities.

#6 ·
Besides, all that power is directed towards powering the Choir. They can't really do anything else. Even a power like Smite is seen as almost godlike by other psykers, and only Librarians can do it.

#7 ·
Plus I've never, never heard it said in official fluff that the astronomicon choir is soul bound.

Astronomicon choristers (for want of a better word) are among the weakest psykers bought it. I don't think it's reasonable to suggest enough of them would survive the soul binding.

Plus, they're all blind, they're all having their souls leeched out to feed some giant arcane machine, and, most importantly, without the role they do on Terra, Imperial spaceships wouldn't work. Meaning noone could transport them to where they could 'kick ass.'

#8 ·
First, members of the Choir of the Astronomican are not soul bound. What you are thinking of are Astropaths and Grey Knights (and we arn't sure if they are ether). Astropaths take the soul binding so that their abilities of communication through the warp can reach long distance. Without the soul binding, the best they can do is inter-planetary in a solar system. With the soul binding, their messages can reach other solar systems light years away. Grey Knights, if they are soul bound, are propably given a blessing of protection by the Emperor so that they cannot fall to the powers of Chaos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.