Fluff help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fluff help

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Fluff help

I got a few problems with coming up with my fluff. I am starting a Iron Hands SM chapter branch, andhave some basic ideas, but not much of anything good. First off, IH uses a system of clans, from different regions of Medusa, the homeworld, instead of companies, and a council instad of a chapter master. The different clans will even fight with each other in some ways, like in recruiting. So I know that I'm gonna start my own, made up clan, and base sme fluff around that. I also want a history of their campains to reflect my regular opponents, and I can cover that. The real problem is making histories for characters, and making the history good, and inter mingled with other things. IF I could have some help coming up with ideas, thatd be great. If any one has any suggestion, That would be appreciated, especially if you have read the novel Iron Hands.

My second problem is names! I can not, for the life of me, come up with any good names. If I do find a good one, I soon realize I thought of it from somewhere, and I don't really like doing that. I wouldn't want to say my iron Fathers name, and think of a character from that movie I watched two weeks ago! Any tips on making good 40k SM names?

I'll post my fist attempts on a fluff soon...Thanks for the help.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can't go wrong with Latin names, or even words, for that matter.

In reality, the Romans only had about 15 common first names (the ones you all know, like Lucius, Gaius, Quintus, etc.) and "Clan" names, like Julius and Caecilius were only slightly more varied (everyone intermarried :p). The "family" name is where it starts to get interesting, as people often took adjectives. Try looking around a Latin dictionary for some cool adjectives.

http://perseus.tufts.edu has some good dictionaries.

On the other hand, you could use more Medieval Latin names, which you can find here:

http://freereg.rootsweb.com/howto/latinnames.htm

Happy naming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I find a good source for names is RPGs and books with a medieval/fantasy setting, like LOTR and D&D. No end to the cut-and-pastes and creative varients there.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I get all my names here.

the first problem you're pretty much on your own. I mean I'm sure I could cough up an Iron Hands character if I worked on it, but you won't be happy with it unless you create him yourself.

+ Reply to Thread