Grey Knights Special Order - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knights Special Order

Hello and welcome to my attempt at creating GK fluff that i just know is gonna fail, basically tis like the orders of the Witch Hunters and Adeptus Sororitas(sp?).

When the Grey Knights chapter construction was initiated there were many people who believed in the rumors that the Emperors geneseed was somehow implanted into them, due to this the early Grey Knights were practically worshipped and glorified as living Demi-Gods.

The early Grandmasters to emerge from the ranks of the Grey Knights were without question the most powerful, these Grandmasters loathed those who worshipped them, believing the God-Emperor to be the only one worthy of the act of worship.

When three Grandmasters, Mika Vanchan, Riktor Skyle, and Krueger Baal went to the Senior Inquisitorial Council of the Ordo Malleus with their troubles, the Inquisitor Lords agreed that something must be done.

There was a central sect to all this activity, located near the inner reaches of Terra, only a few systems away, Knowing were they were based and that their leaders were congregated there the Inquisitor Lords launched what has come to be knows as the Diabolous Purging.

In less than a day all of the Cults leaders were either dead or dying and countless thousands were annihlated by the unstoppable holy force of the Grey Knights under the direction of the three Grandmasters. The remaining Cultists fled towards the Cadian system in terror of pursuit.

Bitter and vengeful, the Cultists vowed that the Imperium which had betrayed them would be broken at all costs, they made this vow for all their descendants as well. They turned collectively to worship the Chaos God Tzeentch whom they beleived to have the power to change them into that which would destroy the Emperor.

Tzeentch accepted his newest discipleswithout hesitation and, one by one, they were transformed into souless automatons like the others in the Thousand Suns legion. There were however, a few psykers in the Cult group, and these quickly rose to positions of power and influence.

Beleiving their power to be strong enough, those who were the worshipping Cultists long ago infiltrated the Imperiel space stations around Jupiter and gained clearence for Inquisitorial buisness on Titan. These sorcerors were transported to the moon and requested specifically the services of Mika Vanchan, Riktor Skyle, and Krueger Baal.

Acting as real Inquisitors the sorcerors told them they had a mission off world. The Grandmasters traveled to a remote planet near the Eye of Terror, and there, the trap was sprung. When the Grnadmasters got to the planet theere were hordes of Tzeentchs favored and Chosen waiting to intercept them, realizing they had been betrayed the three Grandmasters resigned themselves to carving a way out or facing glorifying death for the immortal God-Emperor.

A hundred times the Grandmasters pushed, and when they failed, a hundred times again, using martial and psychic skills alike they beat back the ever advancing horde and made for an abandoned outpost on the world with a few crewable short ranged Imperiel craft.

When they reached this outpost the sorcerors were waiting, ten in all, there they summoned eight Lords of Change, and directed them at the Grandmasters. Riktor Skyle fell first, slaying two greater Deamons and three Cultist sorcerors he finally fell to an immense concentrated salvo of Warp-Flame which had succeded in penetrating his Aegis suit. Mika Vanchan howled over his companions loss and rushed at the Greater Deamons, in an awe-inspiring, unstoppable, assault he focused all his will on annihlating the Lords of Change, and succeded in blasting five of them back to the Immaterium.

When the sorcerors concentrated thier efforts on Mika Vanchan he fell still howling in rage at those who dared to strike a servant of the almighty God-Emperor. Now Krueger Baal was the only one left, with centuries of martial training and the best fighting skills in the chapter he slew three more Cultist Sorcerors, and one last Lord of Change, he finally succeded in breaking through the blockade and, carrying the other two superhumans on his back, charged into an Imperiel space fighter.

Krueger Baal made it into the Gunship and flew off towards Cadia as fast as possible, being that the Gunship was a short-range fighter only he had to stop at several worlds along the way. Each time he stopped the sorcerors and the two remaining Greater Deamons were upon him, his mind blasted and his body ruined, the Grandmaster carried the two others of his rank still on his back and stumbled onwards, always evading obliteration at the last moment.

Finally, after perhaps a month of cat and mouse, Krueger Baals sixth Gunship flew into a Cadian space port. The Cadian Guard provided him with medical treatment and food and water so he could tell his story, when he told it the Cadians immedietly called the Ordo Malleus to come collect their prized warrior.

After a hefty time in rehabilitation Krueger Baal left Titan once again and, with the two Grandmasters still strapped to his back, as they were unable to remove them from the Grandmaster without a subconcious part of him hanging on to the bodies, he finally settled on a small moon near the Cadian system were he began to create his own order. Krueger Baal was sent many recruits from Titan and trained them in the highest martial arts, even winning renoun amongst the incredibly potent Grey Knights.

Krueger Baal finally removed the two Grandmasters from his back and took the scant remaining blood and seperated a rare energy form within it. This energy has been duplicated from the original samples and anointed and blessed. The energy protien makes the flames and beams of the Incinerator and Psycannon appear blue, and the entire Orders Nemesis Force Weapons glow with a vauge blue halo indicating thier increased potentcy.

Krueger Baal survives to this very day, and is as powerful and skilled as ever. His order also survives, and, is hunting down the four remaining Cultist sorcerors from one end of the Galaxy to the other, the Grandmaster will not rest until he sees justice achieved. Due to the unusual potentcy and color of Krueger Baals order, those who know of them have taken to calling them, The Order of the Azure Flame.

So watcha think? is this a good basis for my army, i created this mainly cause two of my friends play Tzeentch and another uses Alpha Legion so thats where i got the cultists idea.

All in all this is only my third attempt at fluff stories so please, be gentle.

Last edited by Kale De Veinsten; April 27th, 2005 at 07:10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its good but i was just wondering are you usin a plain grey knight army because i think thats a cool idea to have successor chapter from the grey knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

A problem I saw right off was that you had people worhsipping and honouring the Grey Knights. Nobody but the Inquisition and a few Space Marine chapters even know the Grey Knights exist. Anybody else who comes in contatc with the GK are either kiled or have thier memories erased to keep the GK's existence a secret. Did you mean there where Inquisitors worshiping the GKs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Inquisitors were the cult leaders that were killed and they let other people know because they thought they should worship them, shoulda made it clearer srry.

And yes i am using an all GK army that has alrdy won a lot of battles but ive never had a real background to ti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Sharingan sucessor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Fundamentally I really like this idea. I appreciate how tough it is to make grey knights fluff. But I have some opinions on it (bear in mind they are, generally, opinions. I'm not being totally official here.)

I don't think Tzeentch is normally worshipped as the lord of change, but more as the architech of fate, or as the ultimate magic-tutor. I'm pretty sure all but the most hardcore cultist doesn't much like the idea of losing body and mind to uncontrolled mutation. This aspect of him is certainly not listed in the chaos codex as a reason why people worship him.

I don't like the idea of new automata being created for the thousand sons legion. The rubric effect was not caused by Tzeentch, but by the Rubric of Ahriman. It's one of the reasons you don't get rubric marines in the other legions. One way around this would be to set your fluff before the rubric was cast (I got the impression your fluff was set pretty soon after the heresy anyway.)

Some people would say one marine killing two greater daemons is overpowered. Personally, I just think back to when a grey knight grand master cost 600 points, but it's a problem some people might have.

Anyway.. keep up the good stuff, and maybe consider reviewing these points. Or just ignore them.. it's your fluff.

The name is delightfully ironic.. considering Tzeentch's fondness for colourful warpfire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturally, i came up with two things to post, and Edicus and Mantis go ahead and post them first! They mentioned the only problems with your fluff- the secrecy of the Grey Knights chapter being one. The other is they fact that the Rubric of Ahriman turned the Thousand Sons legion to dust ('cept the psykers, 'o course). These were Space Marines. The Rubric was cast to stop a mutation sweeping through the Thousand Sons. As Cultist<Space Marines, you might just wanna take this tidbit out totally (After all, it doesn't affect your fluff).

Other than that, this is a great idea, go for it! Are you painting your models to show the blue as a tinge or wash on the Nemesis (since a halo is physically impossible)?

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the story takes place very soon after the Heresy so basically the cultists were there before the Rubric whas cast, and yes i am using a lot of lightning blue to paint the armor and weapons and some scorpion green for the eyes and the purity seals and such, i am recreating my army, or re-painting to be specific.

O and do u guys think i should try to make Krueger Baal a special char? like make rules and stats for him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Sharingan sucessor

+ Reply to Thread