Who is your favourite Primarch? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Who is your favourite Primarch?

Okay.. I have never made a post this irrelevant before. But we can't all be totally serious all the time.

The Primarchs each have a lot of fluff sources which establish their individual personalities and abilities, but which is your personal favourite (or favourites, for that matter?) Chaos or loyalist, it doesn't matter.

And no 'Guilliman! Because I play Ultramarines!' Seriously, what do you like about the fluff?

For me, it's Magnus the Red. What's not to like about a giant cycloptic wizard?

On a more serious note.. His fall is one of the better narratives GW has written. Before the Heresy, he always struck me as flawed, but not evil (true, this could be said of many chaos primachs.) He wasn't fanatically loyal to the Emperor's ideas, he was just a slightly strange guy trying to do the right thing.. and eventually failing. But that's how the best villains start out.

Night haunter comes a close second.. If he hadn't been quite so 'I'm pale and have long hair and everyone hates me!' he would probably have been first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say the Night Haunter. I always liked the whole background. The book Night Lord also brings in a new dimension to him, though they question whether the past that is laid out in the book is true or not, it does add a whole bunch of fluff nonetheless.

I've always enjoyed that he was misunderstood for his use of fear to bring the out of control under control.
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Okay.. I have never made a post this irrelevant before.

But others have. This question has been asked a dozen times. Anyways My favourite has to be Rogal Dorn. He was a stubborn jackass with a dangerously smart mouth. Everybody hated this guy because he was honest when nobody wanted him to be. He was arrogant, he was rude, he was just like meh grandpa. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius
    But others have. This question has been asked a dozen times. Anyways My favourite has to be Rogal Dorn. He was a stubborn jackass with a dangerously smart mouth. Everybody hated this guy because he was honest when nobody wanted him to be. He was arrogant, he was rude, he was just like meh grandpa. ^_^
    Lol, <3 what Perturabo did to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius
    But others have. This question has been asked a dozen times.
    Well, the last time the search engine recognizes was in March 2004, which I believe is before I even joined this forum. So please forgive me some irrelevance. ;P

There's already a fair bit of diversity though.

I almost feel like adding a malicious element and asking people to name their least favourite primarch, but that's just satan whispering in my ear.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; April 29th, 2005 at 04:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's Khorne looking for bloodshed
    "They are my space marines and they shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate." ~ Konrad Curze (Night Haunter), Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

"Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus
    Ave Dominus Nox" (So die the slaves of the False Emperor. Hail to the Lord of the Night.) ~ Talonmaster Zso Sahaal [Lord of the Night, p.68]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know all the primarchs but i would have to go for Rogal, the unyeilding type
    and no i dont play impereal fists, dig up my old post about my army and see 4 ureself
    "In a large war, the tanks only battle the tanks, its up to the footsloggers to win the war" -me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dorn has to be mine. I am a little partial since my first army was BT but I always liked the seige warfare aspect of the Imperial Fist background.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

First comes Sanguinius. He was simply the biggest dude ever. He snapped a Bloodthirster in half, duelled with Angron and won, fought for fifty-five days in defence of the Palace and went on to fight Horus. Plus, I love Blood Angels fluff and it's closely connected to their Primarch.

Next is Night Haunter. I really like his fluff and he has the best reasons for turning evil. He was the only Primarch who raised himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle
    Next is Night Haunter. I really like his fluff and he has the best reasons for turning evil. He was the only Primarch who raised himself.
    Lion el Jonson raised himself...

Anyway my favourite? Probably Dorn, he is one of the few Primarchs with any personality. Only really Leman Russ, Dorn, Magnus, Night Haunter, Lion el Jonson, Sanguinius and Bob I actually consider 'fleshed out', all the rest we are generally going on single paragraph descriptions, and bit-parts in the heresy.

My favourite is probably Dorn, he was one of the few to fight at the side of the emperor in the heresy. The old rough grizzled soldier fighting loyally for the Emperor thing, I wouldn't mind him being my primarch. I'd be more interested in him though if I found the Imperial Fists themselves remotely interesting.

I do like the Lion's fluff though, and no this isn't because just because I play DA. Singly because the man had the good grace to punch Leman Russ and knock him out. Anyone who does that has to earn some respect.
    Last edited by Addoran; April 29th, 2005 at 17:50.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast