Daemon strength - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemon strength

Member Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon strength

We all read fluff about daemons and we know they vary vastly in terms of status and power. So what exactly is it that determines a daemons power? I have never seen a topic on this so im curious. I have many theories but i wish to hear the opinions of others, feedback would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

With regards to another thread about this topic, I think the closest would be some of the ones about the nature of the warp gods. Most of that would be applicable to daedmons too, as Khorne/Tzeentch/et al are pretty much just really, really powerful daemons.

I think that it comes from two things:

Bestowed from a more powerful Daaemon as a reward.
    Deriving from psychic energies, which are generated by (but not limited to) worship, fear, and lust (carnal or blood-).

No doubt there will be many more "fleshed out" responses to this thread from the fluff afficionados. I just wanted to get in early.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A demons power comes from his patron god and his own followers/achievements. M'kachen or the Heart of Blood are two good examples for extremly powerful greater demons. They are worshipped in their own right (like Excrementus) or, in case of the demon primarchs, achieved many gifts from their patron gods for a lifetime of bloodsplitting and carnage.

Member Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, i knew about that, but are some of them just born superpowerful or do they all have to work to achieve the favor of their respective gods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

I believe it to be extremely rare for a warp entity to come into existence with a great deal of power. The only example I can think of is Slaanesh, and that was the result of the focused (albeit unintentional) debauchery of an entire race (and the Eldar were much more numerous then).
    Last edited by Corianis; May 30th, 2005 at 06:52. Reason: HTMl is just second nature to me.
    ___

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Corianis
    I believe it to be extremely rare for a warp entity to come into existence with a great deal of power. The only example I can think of is Slaanesh, and that was the result of the focused (albeit unintentional) debauchery of an entire race (and the Eldar were much more numerous then).
    Daemon Princes..

In the two fluff examples I can remember (okay, one's a computer game so it doesn't count.) They just rise into the sky, suddenly transmogrify into their new form, then emerge infinately stronger than their mortal forms.

Okay, daemon princes aren't 'daemon' daemons, but they share most of the characteristics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

They don't start out as Daemon Princes though. They start out Mortal, and "ascend" after winning considerable favour (and attendent gifts) from their patron. They just have a different "career path", if you will, they don't just spontaneously come into existence.
    ___

+ Reply to Thread