so about them primarchs... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so about them primarchs...

So... Bob (ultramarines), Sally Boy (salamanders), Sanguinus (BA), Russ (Wolves), Horus (forget what), and Magnus (Thousand sons) aside, is there any "official" fluff on the other primarchs? I mean, the iron hands primarch sounds like a pretty interesting character, but I've yet to see anything on him anywhere... And there are more other random questions I cant find the answers to about the primarchs, such as why does cypher have lion'el's sword, and other things like that.

so... any info on the other primarchs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wleeelll, Jonsons got some bit parts, Ferus too, Dorn has a half a mile but I don't know most of it, Jaghatai of the white scars has a good write-up in Index Astartes but thats about it. same goes for purturbo and fulgrim. I really can't say with the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I sent you a PM, Cuddly. Let me know if it got through to you or not. Hopefully the link there will help sort things out.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horus I believe was the Primarch of the Lunar Wolves, but I not for sure on that. Russ has little written about him, but Sangie-boy has about a mile's worth of parchment sitting somewhere in the Libraries of Terra. Dorn, about the same, as for the others, I got no clue. Hope this little bit helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's Peturabo.

I know most of the primarchs, but not much fluff-

LOYALIST
    BA- Sangie (duh. Everyone knows him.)
    DA- Lion El Joson (?)
    SW- Leman Russ
    WS- Jaghatai
    IF- Dorn
    Salamanders- no idea.

TRAITOR
    BL/SoH/LW- Horus
    IW- Peturabo
    EC- Fulgrim
    TS- Magnus the Red
    DG- Mortarion (hunh. I wonder why that is.)
    AL- Alpharius (oh, that's wonderful. so original, too)
    WB- Lorgar

i might be missing a loyalist...

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Vulkan was the Salamander Primarch.
    And Konrad (the Night Haunter) was the primarch of the Night Lords.
    Actually, both Konrad and Mort are pretty cool in my book, as was Alpharius.
    On a side note, any special reason why death guard don't use heavy weapons? I heard that there was a fluff reason for it, but I've never seemed to find it.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Member Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always there will always be a flood of information on the most popular chapters and a trickle for others. There's an index astartes article for everyone, its just a matter of finding them. I would give a lo down on everybody but i might get flamed for a long post so, ill try.

Mortarion: Death world, toxic gases that increased in intensity the higher you went. Magic beings killed the humans and used them as slaves, the king found mortarion, raised him, mortarion turned, failed to kill the king, they emperor saved him, mortarion is bitter.

Konrad (Nighthaunter): Fell on a ruthless planet, with no laws and corruption everywhere. Took it upon himself to bring justice. The sicko killed all the rulers eventually, emperor came for him.

Corax: Fell on a planet's moon, raised as a slave. trained by all manner of prisoners so he knew every art of war, but given his situation, specialized in covert ops. Waited years for a break out, did it, became leader, emepror came for him.

Alpharius: No one knew where he came from, not even the emperor. The luna wolves got attacked by unknown intruders who were very efficient in crippling the Luna wolves. Being the ass he is, Horus got pissed, went to annihilate the attackers personally. Got attacked, coordinated the attack and destroyed most of the attacker's ships. Some to his surprise (boo hoo) managed to board his barge, five made it to his personal chamber, shot four of them, shot at the last one, couldnt kill him, the figure stopped and recognized him, Horus stopped and laughed, found his last brother. kept him from the emperor for untold months and molded him for his own.

Angron: Death world above death worlds. 99% of the people were dirt poor, the wealthy held large death games to appease them from causing a revolt they could never manage. Fighters found Angron when they tried to escape once (kinda foggy), got killed, soldiers brought back Angron and raised him as a fighter, became the very best, most noble, never killed anyone who wasnt one his level. Had nerve implants that raised agression implanted, revolted, held off the avenging army for as long as he could, doom was upon him, wanted to die with his friends in the final stand. the emperor wouldnt have it, teleported in the middle of the fight and beamed him to his barge, hated the emp. for it. Became the of the most vicious close combat primarchs, rivalling Sanguinius, infamous rivalry set up by Horus.

Ferrus Manus: Conceited, couldnt get enough of a physical challenge, lifted mountains and killed beasts thought indestructable. Came up on a giant mythical creature, nothing could pierce its skin, not even the hardest beating froma primarch, so he had to drown it in liquid metal and when he pulled his hands up they were fully metal, but were still flexible as a second skin, hence why he needs no weapons. Emperor came, fought the emperor, no one knows who one, but i guess its safe to say if the battle came to an end on violent terms the emp. won.

VULCAN(YAY): King of all kings haha. Bias aside. Huge mo'fo. Grew to full size in 3 years. Learned blacksmithing from the greatest of all artificers on his planet. Became king eventually, dark eldar raided his planet relentlessly and he killed a whole group when they came once. Wielded double gigantic warhammers. the emperor came, challenged Vulcan, various contests, both were equal, until the last even, salamander slaying. Vulcan got his, fell in a volcano about to erupt, couldnt pull himself up through stubborness and fatigue. The emperor used his bigger salamander to create a bridge and saved him. Swore feality to the creator of mankind, rest is history.

Meh thats enough for now.
    Last edited by Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine; June 2nd, 2005 at 08:09.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

The Index Astartes books and WD articles are about the best you'll get for coherent fluff on the Primarchs. I wouldn't look much further unless you wanted specific details.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

the horus heresy volumes have lots of fluff on the primarchs.

Which were loyal which turned, etc.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=
    Corax: Fell on a planet's moon, raised as a slave. trained by all manner of prisoners so he knew every art of war, but given his situation, specialized in covert ops. Waited years for a break out, did it, became leader, emepror came for him.[/QUOTE]

Ehh that is the Fluff for Captain Shrike of the Raven guard not Corax.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast