Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Something that always bothered me when it came to demon princes is Typhus. He fights for Nurgle since the days of the Heresy, but unlike his counterparts in the other Demonic Armies (Ahriman etc.) he clearly wants to become a demon prince. So why didn't he become one yet? There are many demon princes around who did far less for the cause of chaos then he did.
Ah but does he? He is more than powerful enough to *****slap most daemon princes as is, so at this point the drawbacks outweigh the benifits.
I never got the impression he want to be a daemon prince. Where did you get that info from? It's his fault DG are corrupted by chaos. Fulgrim is a daemon prince, owns his own daemon world, etc. Typhus should be one by now, the only explanation I can think of is he doesn't want to be one yet.
I have it from the Article about Typhus slaying an entire company of Cadian Soldiers. Should be to find in one of the army addons. In the last line it saysThe fall of Cadia was one step nearer and with it the godhood Typhus craved.
Becoming a Daemon Prince requires more than simply slaughtering Guardsmen. IN the back of the Chaos Space Marine Codex is a timelime of how a Champion called Periclitor rose to Daemonhood:
- Him and his dudes killed 1000 Missionaries and Sorotitas on Castile V.
- They killed a person called "Jermoe the Pure" but only after they disembowled and tortured every one of his followers before his eyes.
- He initiated the Alcmena Nebula War with "a word in an ear and a coin in a palm". One hundred thousand casualites.
- Destroyed the entire 5th Armoured Terran Praefects
- Broke into the "Sentry Vault" and bested an unknown number of the Grey Knight's best in the crypts.
- Slaughtered the entire First Company of the Howling Griffons Space Marine Chapter and left the Chapter Master strapped to the front of his Thunderhawk, floating in space.
- Destroyed the Pedagogue (some sort of big catherdral) on Sanctity IX.
- Murdered the Cardinal of Bray by teleporting directly into the Cathedral and killing the Cardinal as he gave the Candlemass Day service. This ultimately led to the planet adopting more advnced defenses, but only after taxing the populace. Periclitor then attacked again, and the defences were further improved but the people were more heavily taxed (to pay for the defenses). Eventually the people revolted against the Government and a whole sub-sector was caught in a rebellion.
So Typhus just needs to get his act together really and start a few Sector-wide wars.
- Watch this space.
Err sorry if i used the wrong words but old Typhus did a little more than just slaughtering guardsmen. He is the Herald of Nurgle, Host of the Destroyer Hive. He alone brought the entire Death Guard to Nurgle, destroyed countless worlds and killed thousands upon thousands of imperial citizens and soldiers.He is the greatest mortal champion of Nurgle. If his deeds aren't enough to become a demonprince its hard to believe that its even possible.
Answer.. the chaos gods are fickle. They don't follow any rules besides their own.Originally Posted by Kelnor
There's no magic number of guardsmen you have to kill, no magic number of wars you have to win. It's specific to each individual.
Also, sometimes the best way to inspire someone is to withhold rewards from them.. As has been stated, Typhus is extremely effective.. Maybe Nurgle, as the god with the most twisted sense of humour, is simply witholding it from him delibirately to encourage him.
Dogma dogma. Daemon prince is a sign of prestige and power among chaos armies yes. But of course, some daemon princes are stronger than others. And if you notice, the more powerful 'active' characters, that means excluding all primarch daemon princes. are the most powerful chaos lords. Like Abbadon, not a daemon prince and the most powerful chaos lord present. He has deamon princes under his command in the black legion. Typhus may not desire to be a daemon prince, and he's doesn't need it either. He can take most daemon princes if the situation calls for. If you think about it technically he is a daemon prince, his mutation is inside him, he tricked Mortarion to fall to Nurgle and he sucked up all the known diseases in the entire universe, laughing maniacally in the process at that. So if you look at it he is a daemon prince, by title (Herald of Nurgle) and by deed (he gave a whole legion to Nurgle).
Last edited by Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine; June 3rd, 2005 at 03:13.