pre heresy Emperors children fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pre heresy Emperors children fluff

right i hope this one doesnt get blocked. i am planning on doing a pre heresy emperors children army and i need some ideas as to what to put in the army and i aint sure what sort of stuff they would have had in the army and some fluff for them cause i dont much about them. so just wondering if anyone can help me out?

Remeber men, we are fighting for the ladies honour, which is a damsite more than she did

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The Emperor's children were founded from the geneseed of the Primach Fulgrim. Basically, Fulgrim landed on a world in the middle of an resource crisis, and where efficiency was super important. He turned it around and made it a thriving industrial planet. As a result of his upbringing, he was obsessed with perfection.

The Emperor's children strived, in everything, to the be the best marines ever. They didn't tollerate anything less than perfection. They also encouraged 'hobbies' like art and science, following fulgrims philosophy that the ideal marine should be more than just a brilliant warrior, but should be brilliant at a number of different things.

Then Fulgrim was corrupted by Horus and Slannesh, and because they had been drilled to be fanatically loyal to their command structure, the Emperor's children all followed. Slannesh promised them the perfection they craved and they took it, damning themselves in the process.

In appearance.. The EC wore purple armour prior to the Heresy, their symbol was a winged claw, and they all wore the Imperial Eagle on their chest (because of their loyalty they were the only legion allowed to do so.) This article has a good image: <link>

In terms of list inclusions.. Well, the EC didn't strike me as having any particular strengths or weaknesses, because all forms of combat were equally important to them. Therefore, using traits might not be a good idea. Just don't include stuff which wasn't around before the heresy.. like land raider crusaders and razorbacks, and keep it minimal on the assault marines (unless you take away their jumpacks.. jumpacks were super rare before the heresy.)
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 14th, 2005 at 21:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool i was tempted to make like hover bikes they have in the horus heresey book cause the look cool lol but yea thanks
    Remeber men, we are fighting for the ladies honour, which is a damsite more than she did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your going to play a prehersey team do what I did. Play with the chaos codex and exclude daemons and anything that might have connections to the warp.
    Last edited by jenisiz; October 4th, 2005 at 21:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, avoid more "advanced" technology but other than that, just be really good in all fields of war. The EC are very vague when their not the Noise Marines so feel free to do anything, kinda like the Ultramarines in terms of tactics.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Yeah, The Imperator Numen is right, Emperor's Children was Pre-Heresy like the Ultramarines as they are 'now'. Of course then happend the Horus Heresy and things change.An Example is that the Emperor's Children are the only Legion allowed to display the Imperial Eagle on their armour's chestplates. Fulgrim Himself selected a few individuals, strongest and noblest, to become Marines of the Emperor's Children Legion (all recruits drawn from Chemos - Emperor's Children Homeworld - ). To honour the Emperor, they strove for perfection in all things: battlefield doctrine was obeyed to the letter, tactics and strategy were studied in minute detail and perfected, and the Emperor's decrees were memorised by every Space Marine, adhered to in every way. Other example of the superb tactics used by the Emperor's Chldren was the cleasning of Laeran, a hitherto-unknown alien race, who called themselves the Laer. Fulgrim refused any notion of co-operation from other Legions. The Laer concentrated in a single star system, Laeran. One month only the crusade lasted, and after that, Emperor's Children was victorious against the most finely-honed alien warriors ever encountered.
    Anyway, hopes this well help to get the feeling of pre-Heresy Empero's Children.
    Last edited by Nagato; October 5th, 2005 at 01:59.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

+ Reply to Thread