Ymga Monolith and other 40K questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Ymga Monolith and other 40K questions

Ok, after doing a quick search I found nothing of use on the Ymga Monolith. But curiosity has grabbed me by the throat and I must ask, what the hell is it?

Also, a few more questions about the 40k universe:
    -Where in the galaxy is catachan located?
    -And can anyone give me a basic run down on how dates are measured in 40k...I don't understand it I don't understand how the years are calculated, and any help would be apreciated...thanks :lol:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Catachan is to the Galactic East of Terra, about halfway to the Maelstrom.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    For the dates: 3rd Ed rule book in the Appendix.

e.g.

0333042.M32

0 - The Check number. The number of this defines the accuracy of the date, with 0 basically being 100% accurate and 9 being a very rough date.

333 - Fraction number. Each year is split into 1000 fractions.

042 - Year number. Each millenium is split in 1000 Earth-years.

M32 - Millenium

So that date above would be Year Segment 333, Year 42, Millenium 32.
    Our year: 31042 A.D.

So I guess that would make this date 2005 AD "0468005.M03"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About the Ymga Monolith, I think it's one of those things the story writer guys put in to add a bit of mystery to the Galaxy. If you have a look in 1st or 2nd Ed Codexs you might find something as the earlier ones tend to have the more "arcane" fluff in them.
    Last edited by Zveroboy; June 20th, 2005 at 11:45.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

The General and Off Topic Discussion section of the forum is for discussions of non-gaming related issues only. I am relocating this thread to the 40k Army Fluff section instead. In the future, please make sure to check that you are posting in the proper section of the forum. Thank you.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.darkmillennia.net/Quadran...1.htm#catachan

Catachans are fairies compared to the boys from Luther McIntyre even Kharn (pre-heresy) was inpressed with their ferosity and endurance

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

I always suspected it had something to do with Angron’s Monolith on Armageddon. Then again who knows, Ymga may stand for something-

Young Men’s Gaming Association? - it’s fun to go and play at the- Y. M. G. A :lol:

Or the C'tan did it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    The General and Off Topic Discussion section of the forum is for discussions of non-gaming related issues only. I am relocating this thread to the 40k Army Fluff section instead. In the future, please make sure to check that you are posting in the proper section of the forum. Thank you.

~Grephaun.
    Sorry about that, thanks for moving it.
    To everyone else, thanks for the replys :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it has something to do with the 'crons...., hey maybe thats the place where the imperium discovered the first necron monolith???

OMG, I know what it is!!!!! or close enough anyway, while looking thru the new nid codex i came across the reference of the beleived homeworld of the genestealers, the moons of ymgarl, notice a similarity in the name??
    Last edited by chaos0xomega; June 21st, 2005 at 05:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0xomega
    i think it has something to do with the 'crons...., hey maybe thats the place where the imperium discovered the first necron monolith???

OMG, I know what it is!!!!! or close enough anyway, while looking thru the new nid codex i came across the reference of the beleived homeworld of the genestealers, the moons of ymgarl, notice a similarity in the name??
    No, I don’t think the Ymga Monolith has anything to do with the Genestealers. To my recollection, the moons of Ymgarl are located in the galactic north-west, while the Ymga Monolith is found in Segmentum Ultima to the galactic north-east.

It might be that the Ymga Monolith is associated with the Necrons, though. In the old fluff, I believe it was said to be a Chaos monolith, but GW has been known to twist old fluff to suit new armies in the past. We’ll probably hear more about it when it GW finds it necessary to reveal some ‘dark secret’ about the Necrons that will make them look dangerous and interesting to play again.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwww.... i thought i finally figured something cool out, are u sure the moons are located in the galactic northeast?? maybe the Ymga monolith has something to do with the stealers anyway?? and was named after there homeworld???

I think its either nid or cron related thats all i gotta say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0xomega
    I think its either nid or cron related thats all i gotta say...
    Necrons more likely. I can;t see tyranids building something. Tyranids are devourers not builders.

While we're on the topic or arcane constructions around the Galaxy, could someone enlighten me as to what the Blackstone Fortresses are? I know that Abaddon wants them for some reason and he uses some artifact to unlock them during the Gothic War.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast