Renegade Hive Fleet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you can probably tell from all my other posts, I am a very unconventional 40k player. As a matter of fact, I have created a Renegade Hive fleet! A fleet that has been seperated from the Hive Mind because of prolonged life in the terror of the warp. Because of this seperation, The Hive Tyrant and the other Synapse creatures had to evolve an intelligence of their own, to prevent the Gaunts from going crazy. The Hive Fleet's name? Hive Fleet Khaos (that's pronounced "Cay-ous") and the Hive Tyrant Feerno ve Khaos (the bringer of chaos). Any thoughts? Comments? All are welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that that is a totally sweet concept. Utterly and completely SWEET.
    what I'm wondering is how (if you bothered to 'cause I prolly wouldn't) you worked that into game mechanics. Made sure that every non-synapse creature has a hive node?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good idea i like it but it may only be used in fluff not gaming turns because it could just mean that the tyrants can think but that wouldnt do much anyway unless they never suffer from instinctive behaviour but you would need something to balance that.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Synapse creatures have "evolved" sentient minds. The gaunts are stil pretty much bugs. But yea, I did work it into my game mechanics. Every non-Synpase creature squad has at least one Hive Node mutation. Another cool thing I likie about my army would have to be the fact that it contains a Character of my own creation, The Hive chaplin. If you want I can post a pic and the rules........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be cool , I've been interested in seeing some Nid special characters ,
    so please do pst those stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here they are! If you got ny comments, let me know!
    Tyranid Hive Chaplin 0-1

Equipment: Scything talons, Crozius Arcanum (power weapon)
    Cost: 120 points

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    5 3 7 6 4 5 3(5) 10 4+

Synapse: Because it was a leader in its old army, the Tyranid Hive Chaplin is recognized as a synapse creature with a range of 24�. Therefore, it may be taken as an HQ choice in any Tyranid army.

Crozius Arcanum: The Hive Chaplin may use his Crozius Arcanum as a power weapon, but he must strike last in the assault phase to do so.

Warp Blast: The Tyranid Hive Chaplin has been known to use powerful blasts of psychic energy to rip troops and vehicles to shreds.
    Range: 48� S: 5 AP: 3 Type: one assault blast

Traitor to the emperor: The Hive Chaplin is considered a traitor to all other space marines. So therefore the Marines fight harder to avenge disloyalty to their emperor. Any Space marine unit that fights in close combat with the Hive Chaplin will hit on a 3+, regardless of WS. This counts for Infested Marines as well.

Fearless: The Hive Chaplin no longer feels what he did when he was human, but has lost all human thought. Therefore he is considered fearless and is assumed to pass all Morale and Pinning tests.

Infested Space Marines: The Hive Chaplin has also been known to call to Space Marines and have them mutated to its needs. The Hive Chaplin may be accompanied by a unit of Infested Space Marines for a cost of 25 points per Marine. The Infected Space Marines have the following profile:

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    4 3 4 4 1 5 2(3) 10 3+

Infected Bolt-gun: The Bolt-gun carried by the Marines has been taken over from the inside out by Tyranid spores and now uses the following profile:
    Rng: 24� S: As creature +1 AP:5 Type: Assault X

Fearless: The Space Marines no longer feel what they did when they were human, but have almost no feelings at all. Therefore they are considered fearless and are assumed to pass all Morale and Pinning tests.

Hope you like them. I am currently working on the pics and will post ASAP.

Closed Thread