The Brother Hood (SM chapter) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Brother Hood (SM chapter)

This is my first time righting fluff so take it easy k ?

Chapter 1: Discovery

Imperial world: Cadia (early eye of terror campain)

Inquisitor Orlando Maximus hefted his great psycannon and blasted apart any mutant or heretic the threatend his allies' lines. He had no idea how the foul spawn of choas managed to make it all the way to cadia but it mattered not. They had set foot on holy ground, their taint must be purged. Under the cover fire of Orlando's retinue the imperial guard advanced catiously through the ruined city, scanning every nook and cranny as if it contained a demon or something fouler. The traitors just kept on coming, charging the battle lines, being cut down by heavy weapons fire, and then more rose and started the sequence over again. "You see" he called to his acoltyes "any taint can be clensed with faith in the emperor" but the acoltyes weren't paying attention, their eyes were drawn sky ward were immense black comets desended from the skyes. Orlando stole a glance up ward and his face paled, he immidiatly tried to open a comm link but the siginal was somehow being jammed. He could only watch with contempt as the tratior marines landed and being to butcher the guardsmen. Soon the guardsmen turned tail and fled, all the while being presued and butchered by the foul heretics. Orlando would not give in to fear and ordered his retinue to stand their ground. Three gun servitors and three acolytes aimed their weapons upon the heads of the traitor marines. Orlando began to breath slowly through his resperatory mask, his piercing blue eyes scanning for a target. The horde drew closer and closer. "OPEN FIRE!" he finally shouted, his order was met with a hail of bolter and plasma fire. The traitor marines fell one by one but they'd soon be upon them. The traitors' blood flew past the inquisitor's blad head but he would not give in to fear, he had to set a stern example for the defenders of the imperium. His acoltyes were sweating heavily now, they had herd the tails of the traitor legions. Just as the choas marines began to climed the hill a huge explosive blew it apart. Orlando flew through the air feeling greatful for having invested in his suit of power armor. It took mere seconds for him to spring off the blood mattered dirt he landed on, he waited for his retinue to follow suite. His eyes turned to the battle once more and he allowed himself a small grin, space marines of the Dark Angels chapter were pushing the traitors back. Infused with pride for their emperor the imperial guard ran into the fray, screaming prayers and praises. Orlando follwed them in. The combined charge of the imperiums forces cut the traitors down to the last man and a wild cheer lept from the guard. Orlando walk through the debris and corpses, intent on spotting the commander of the dark angels. They found him instead. A roped figure in dark green power armor approached him, bearing a bundle of cloath in his arms. He slowly handed it to Orlando, who gazed up to the towering marine, confused. Just as he opened his mouth to ask his comm link blared to life, it was the Colenel. "Inquisitor Orlando Maximus of the Ordo Malleus" he spoke in a stern commanding voice "Khol Velox was been bravely defended but we cannot hold it for long, I am ordering the retreat, I suggest you get out of there" Orlando's eyes flew wide with fury "RETREAT!?" he hollowered "are we not the defenders of the emperor's holy work!? We cannot back down from this region, to do so would be to admit the passage or the traitors!" the colenel sighed over the comm linked "never the less, my men cannot hold this position, and nether can the space marines, no, it is a lost cause, you are to get out of there immediatly, over and out" and with that the comm link was cut off. Orlando heaved a mighty sigh and followed the imperial guard away from the battle field. As he was walking he remebered the bundle in his hands, curious; he opened it up. What he saw made him gasp. It was a baby.

Imperial world: The cadia system

Orlando rubbed his face in frusteration, even 2 hours aboard the Lance could not take his mind off the shameful retreat he had just endured. He had given the baby to the various medics aboard the ship, his mind still wondered what the Dark Angel has doing by giving it to him. Too much to worry about right now he thought as he slowly got up in search of a meal. Before he took two steps foward the startled voice of a medic rang through out the ship "Inquisitor Maximus sir" it stammered "please report to the medical bay, its urgent" despite the tone of horror Orlando took his time, leasurly strolling to the medical bay. When he finally got there he looked around. The medical bay was deemly lit but the statis chamber in the middle plused with the green light of its liquid. Inside it was a small round shaped object, and object that moved. "What in the name of the emporer are you doing!" Orlando hollered as he ran up to the statis chamber. The medics near it recoiled in fear at the appoarch of the enraged inquisitor. "What is the meaning of this!?" he scremed, pointing a fingure to the baby encased in the strange liquid. One of the medics came out of hiding behind his data slab "s-s-s-si-sir" he stammered in fear. "WHAT!?" Orlando's voice seem to shake the whole ship. "t-t-th-the ch-ch-ch-child y-you-you b-b-b-brough in" he said through chattering teeth "we-we-we-well y-y-you'd b-b-b-better s-s-s-see th-this" he strode slowly the the controll panel. Orlando watched with haunting eyes as the medic's fingers danced across the panel. Immeidiatly the baby was obscured by darkness and his inards were revealed. The medic took a while to compose him selve before speaking "this is the display of the child's body" he said, wearly eyeing Orlando's clenched fist "it is normal for the most part, but..." Orlando turned on him, ever so slowly and spoke in a slow deep voice "what?" The medic swalloed his fear as his hands danced across the panel again, the child's inards became bigger and more diffiend. The medic strode towards the statis chamber, sweating heavily. He heft a long thin stick and pointed to two round shapes located near the child's heart. Orlando was dumb struck "but-but this cannot be" he said in shocked awe. The medic nodded grimly "it is...progenoid glands"

end of chapter 1

Well I don't know much about 40k fluff so I hope u find this reasonable :p

"Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Interesting stuff so far, I'd like to learn more of the story, I think some people may have a go for having a child with Progenoid glands, but hey, it's your fluff right

One recommendation though, I did like the post but please...

More line breaks! One big block of dense text (or two) can put a lot of people off :huh:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sry gammer isn't really my thing (its amazing what a school break would do to people eh?)

Also I did think it would be strange but hey, the whole chapter is very unorthodox. I think I'm gona have it that some choas dude did something with the child, hopeing to make for CSM from the glands harvested from this child.

Unfortunatly for him Orlando found him first

P.S: Is ther double space on this thing?
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    P.S: Is ther double space on this thing?
    Not that I know of, my recommendation is just use your return key a bit more, breaking up the text makes it a lot easier to keep track of your place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed reading it. You captured the essence of a inquisitor with his stand on the hill, wanting to make an example for the guardsmen. I liked how you were consice and you still made it interesting. I have a tendancy to be wordy.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Conclaive.

Imperial World: Classified

Orlando walked stiffly from the Lance and onto the landing port. Even as he made his way to

the conclaive his mind still processed a distrubing question. How could a baby have

progenoid glands
    ? he knew that only the amazing forces of the Adpetus Astras

possessed such organs, so how could a human child possess them. He cast a weary glance

to one of his acolytes who carried the object of wonder. "Don't worry child" Orlando whispered

softly as he turned his head "your fate will be decided soon enough." As his small retinue

approached the giant black stone doors he took a deep breth. The sight of the conclaive

still took his breat away to this day. The doors slowly opened up for the inquisitor and he

walked inside. Inside the dimly lit arena the conclaive was already set up, inquisitors setting

in polished dark stone chairs all faced to look to the new comers, Inquisitoral Storm

Troopers stood at rapt attention all along the walls. All about them scribes and

servo skulls ran about trying to locate the best place in which to record the following events.

Suddenly the lights blazed to the center of the arena, revealing an aged inquisitor and a

statis chamber. The baby was taken from the acolyte's hands by a storm trooper who

solemly strode to the aged inquisitor. He silently attached cords to the unsuspecting infant

who began to play with the cords. Orlando shook his head and smiled behind his resperatory

mask, ignorance is indeed a virtue. The old inquisitor dismissed the storm trooper who

resumed his place by the walls. He cleared his aged throat and began to speak "Welcome

brothers all" he began in a surprisingly clear voice "we all know the cause of this meeting:

to stand in the pressance of an infant with extraordinary potential and to decide if this

potential is too dangerous to allow" the infant was already floating in the green fluid by the

time the inquisitor finished speaking. A storm trooper was tapping the many keys of the

control panel which brought up the display of the child's innards. Unslinging his power sword

the aged inquisitor pointed to the sphere shaped organs near the infant's heart. A gasp

arose from the surrounding inquisitors. "Yes it is true" the aged inquisitor said through grim

features "this child bears the sacred orgins of the space marines them selves!" The arena

exploded into talking as the inquisitors expressed their awe, wonder, and fear. The aged

inquisitor shefed his sword and unslung his bolt pistol, which he fired into the air,

immiediatly halting the conversation. "Yet this is not the only one" he said slowly. The

crowd's eyes followed the three storm troopers that entered the building. The noise of

working machinery filled the arena as three more statis chambers rose out of the ground. As

the storm troopers set up their respective infants the inquisitor began to speak "These three

infants, Omar, Shiva, and Jassen, were all found on cadia" he said "and all posses the

progenoid glands!" a slight murmuring arose but was quickly silenced when the inquisitor

hefted his pistol menencingly. "These four are indeed mysterious and all have the potential

of become humanities finest warriors" he said loudly, then lowering his tone he continued

"or its worst enemies." He paced the statis chambers for a while, letting the information sink

in. "This conclaive is not merely about these four" he continued with a glint in his eye "we

believe that more of these infants exist and what we do with these childern will decide the

fate of the others we find." The inquisitors called out in unision "what are our options elder!?"

the inquisitor gave a small smile "I have spoken to many officials skilled in the matter of the

creation of space marines, even to apothecaries of existing chapters. This method might

lead to the accelerated growth of marines but all results cannot be completly forseen" he

spoke "are choices are as follow: ether we fund the formation of a new chapter to aid the

inquisition, starting with these four. The other option should be well known by now." The

inquisitors murmered in agreement. "I now call the seven inquisitor lords present in this

conclaive, they alone will decide what should be done" he spoke with affermitive authority

"conclaive is dismissed for the time being."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! more already. This one was good to, for your first try at fluff this is awesome. My first try was abismal. Your story seems well thought out and the only thing I saw was Adeptus ASTARTES, not adeptus Astras, that is assuming you are talking about space marines.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I don't really take the time to look at the spelling as I'm too lazy to fetch the codex every day (yes I am talking bout marines). :p

expect for the glands as they are important...

jus fer your fluff jus keep trying, if I can do it so can u

Chapter 3 is on its way, I'm using word this time so spelling should be better...
    Last edited by bald inquisitor; July 25th, 2005 at 15:16.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapter 3: The Voice, the Staff, and the Neural Shredder

Imperial World: Classified

Orlando sat with his back against the way, arms crossed, eyes closed. He pondered on what

the inquisitor lords would sentence the children to: eternal servitude to his greatness or a

quick, painless death. His thought process was suddenly interrupted by the aged inquisitor

tapping his cane on the floor and shouting “Conclave is in session, all rise!? Orlando did so

begrudgingly what, no pistol? The other inquisitors followed suit as the inquisitor lords made

their slow majestic walk to the center of the arena. “Lords of the Ordo Malleus, will it be

servitude or death that awaits these children?? the aged inquisitor boomed. A chorus of

servitudes and a few deaths made their way from the lords’ throats. “It is decided then!? the

aged inquisitor spoke “conclave is dismissed.? All the other inquisitors walked slowly in

single file out of the building, going back to resume their grim work. “Inquisitor Orlando

Maximus!? the aged inquisitor called “you are to remain? Orlando knew this could only mean

one thing, but he still hoped he was wrong. He strode to the statis chambers just as the last

inquisitors left. “Sir? Orlando began immediately “I feel that I’m not qualified

en…? “Rubbish!? interrupted the aged inquisitor “faith in the emperor is quality enough for

this task.? Orlando glanced at the other inquisitor lords, hoping they would step in and take

his job, none did. “The process will be simple at first? the aged inquisitor began “The Ordo

Malleus and the inquisitor lords of agreed upon their continual survive? the aged inquisitor

spoke softly know, as if his session in conclave exhausted him “will fund the beginnings for

this new chapter, the first phase is simple, you are to remain with the children whilst

continuing your work for our holy order, train them in the arts of combat while the medics

handle the implants of the other Space Marine organs.? His stern gaze told Orlando that

everything had been arranged and that they would not need his humble opinion. “Other

candidates for the chapter will be found in the meantime? continued the inquisitor “you need

only worry about your duties, go and may the emperor guide you.?

Imperial World: Deep Space

Ten years have pasted since Orlando had unwillingly adopted children. Already he had taken

a liking to them, under his guidance they had become faithful and dutiful servants, for ten

year olds anyway. Leo, the child from the ruins of Khol Velox, as already growing taller than

many of Orlando’s acolytes; he has particularly interested in the path of the warrior. Omar

was a natural born tactician; Orlando was amazed at how little time it took for him to

decipher his plans. Jassen was very obedient, running errands for the inquisitor and anyone

else aboard the Lance. However Orlando had a strange feeling about Shiva, he was loyal

and proving to be a fine warrior indeed, but he would not accept the emperor as the

immortal god he was. Orlando sighed upon this he has plenty of time to learn the truth he

decided. Orlando got up in preparation for his next mission; the Lance had been orbiting

Genesis VI, a lush and fertile imperial world which had only just begun to feel the taint of

chaos. This operation required stealth, only the inquisitor, the most trusted of his retinue,

and a few storm troopers would make landing. As always the four children ran to greet him

before he left. Orlando gave them as stern a look as was possible “You are not to make

any trouble when I am gone.? He said slowly “I’ve instructed Private Victor to continue your

schedule as normal so I’ll know if anything goes astray? he finished, given a malicious tone

to ‘anything’. The four children nodded knowingly and followed The Storm Trooper known as

Victor. Orlando smiled inwardly as he entered the cabin of the imperial craft chosen for this

mission, leaving the boys alone on the cold Lance. Private Victor, although barley showing

the first signs of a beard, was every bit as strict as Orlando and the boys followed his every

order unquestioningly. They spent hours upon hours studying the surrounding system,

staging mock battles, and training their personal skills. Seven or so hours latter the

exhausted children were allowed a short rest in which Victor would leave them outside the

medical bay. “Injections again? muttered Omar, he had always pondered the purpose of

their daily trips “I wonder what will happen now? Leo lay stretched out on the cold stone floor

of the ship “Maybe this time we’ll grow a new head? he stated with a small smile. “We do

that? said Jassen passively “and we’ll be the next thing on Orlando’s to-do list.? Shiva sat in

silence. Minutes past before another Storm Trooper walked into the medical bay

door “present arm soldiers!? he yelled, his order trigger a response in the boys who

immediately sprang to their feet and stood straight. “I’m here to escort you into the bay?

the trooper continued “I will not tolerate any failure to comply, is that clear?? the boys

nodded intently. Suddenly the doors opened and a female medic, wearing an insanely short

skirt walked briskly out of the medical bay. “Are these the ones?? she asked. The Storm

Trooper swallowed his lust and replied “yes.? The medic walked, ever so slowly, to the

trooper, put her arm around his neck and whispered “good.? Out of no where a blade

suddenly appeared inside the troopers head, extending from his cranium. The boys watched

in worry as the medic’s skin seem to shed and fall to the floor, revealing black armor

underneath. The thing removed its blade from the poor man’s head and stared blankly at

the boys. “ASSASSIN!? Leo shouted “RUN!? the other boys had no problem complying. The

Callidus Assassin followed suit, she would be upon them in a matter of seconds. The four

children ran the corner leading the assassin face to face with two storm troopers who were

aiming their hell guns at her. With lighting speed she withdrew a pistol like weapon, pointed

it at the head of one of the storm troopers, and pulled the trigger. The trooper clutched his

head in agony, screaming like a mad man, and soon after a purple gelatinous substance

was leaking from his ears and nose. He fell dead, victim to the neural shredder. The other

trooper couldn’t contain his contents and hunch over to vomit but never got the chance. The

assassin ran on leaving a headless storm trooper. The boys continued running like hell, four

storm troopers behind them. They had already heard the news and lost the vital signs of

three of their fellow guards. One of them suddenly shouted “there she is!? and spun around,

the others mimicked him. “Run!? one of them called to the boys. The Assassin slowed to a

walk, calmly staring down the barrels of four hellguns. High powered lasers ripped in the

Assassin's direction and, bounding of the walls, she dodged them. The troopers clumsily

swung their weapons at her but she was too fast. With child like ease she slew them all. The

boys were running, always running, through every dark corridor of the ship, behind them

they could hear the screams of the Storm Troopers. “We stop here? Jassen said

suddenly “we can’t outrun here? Omar looked at him in shock “what do you propose we do??

he asked sarcastically “bash her in with our fists?? Jassen looked up to the ship’s

ceiling “Computer, open weapons hatch 7 on port 4, access code: 1004589105.? he said

passively. The other boys jumped as the wall besides them hissed and opened, revealing a

dazzling array of bolt pistols and hellguns. Omar picked on up and checked to see if it was

loaded, he nodded slowly. Leo looked quizzically at Jassen. “Servicing every member of

Lance has its benefits? Jassen smiled.

As the Assassin turned the corner a strange sight surprised her, four boys armed to the

teeth with pistols and guns greeted her with a hail of fire. Taken by surprise a few hits

impacted her armor but she quickly got back into momentum and began springing off the

walls. Soon she got within range and ether kicked the guns out of the boys’ hands or sliced

them in half with her phase sword. The biggest of them swung a giant metal pipe at her

head, it hit with such force that it smashed her helmet apart. The offender took a look at

her hideously distorted face “that’s all polymorphine will do to you miss? he said with

disapproval. The other children, using a bolt pistol in each hand, fired wildly in her direction.

Her unnatural agility avoided the shots as she pulled out the Neural Shredder. As the boys

stopped to reload she landed and pointed the weapon in their direction. It pulsed green and

the boys fell to the floor, clutching their heads. She began to frown when she realized that

the Shredder wasn’t killing them. At least they knocked three of the pests unconscious. Leo

looked up in a daze, his vision becoming disorientated and the Assassin looming over him

preparing to strike with her phase sword. His last sight was of psycannon bolts tearing the

assassin apart in a shower of gore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More right now. This is most riveting. Not sure about the lax discipline with shiva not believing in the emperor as the holy god of mankind though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast