Phantom Recon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Phantom Recon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, this is about the tenth time if written fluff for my ig, and i think i got it rite this time, anyway il;l be posting my army list in the ig forum soon till i get the fluff rite, so here we go;

Verodi 594TH
    ‘Phantom RECON’

Homeworld and history:
    Raised from the urban wastes of Verodi, razed by conflict for nearly two thousand years, the government hung on the edge of power, being hounded on all sides by several rival parties. Eventually, one party rose to a substantial power, naming themselves the U.V.C or United Verodi Confederacy. One by one, the rival political leaderships united under the U.V.C, leaving the remaining government struggling on all fronts. The regiments of the U.V.C were varied to say the least, heavy infantry regiments attacked side by side with armoured companies while light infantry units attacked with support from basilisk artillery lines. The regiments bore one thing in common, a sense of patriotism towards their home world and the unity of their parties. A senate of seven men overlooked the political world, each representing their associated party. As this was formed, the vast armies of hardened urban troops surrounded the still zealous city of Ruskio, the last city were the past governments laws remained. The ensuing conflict was short and bloody, the government troops withered down by consistent raids and artillery batterings. In a matter of twelve days the city was reduced to rubble, its political leaders captured and executed.

594th Regimental History:
    The 594th regiment of Verodi consists of many soldiers from one of the first parties to join the confederacy. The party yearned for peace on the planet and once united with the confederacy proved to be instrumental in ‘convincing’ other parties to join their cause. The party itself, known as Rikozi House was led by a inspirational political leader and senior commodore for the military named Stefan Rikozi. Shortly after the uniting with the confederates, he was assassinated by an adept sniper as he rose from his sleeping quarters, though he was quickly replaced by his son, who was eager to take his fathers position to live his fathers dream of peace on Verodi.

The soldiers itself of Rikozi House were adept in urban warfare, lightly armed and armoured they made perfect light infantry, adept in ranged warfare. Rikozi had always considered close combat foolish and frivolous, though it is often impossible to avoid, especially as a recon unit, and therefore they include many flamer type weapons, this earns them the title by many of the other regiments as ‘Pyro Recon’.

Showing their expertise at long range, the regiment has kept mainly all their original weaponry, maintaining almost no high-energy weaponry. The basic weapon is still the triplex pattern lasguns, though the majority of their special weaponry is lead based projectile weaponry. This ranges from heavy stubbers to mortars, but by far the most common is the sniper rifle. The marksmen of the regiment are renowned for their savagery and gruesome content in contesting with each other, making the death of the enemy all the more agonizing. Their stealth and marksmanship is unmatched, and they have branded themselves ‘ Phantom recon’.

As with most light companies, they are often supported by a small amount of armour, but the strength of the regiment is not their armour but their heavy weapon teams. These are ever common in their detachments; most are accompanied by at least nine. Gunpowder projectile weaponry is by far the most common. These are deployed to the rear and provide streams of support fire, while the light infantry squads flank the enemy and mechanized squads attack weak areas of the enemies’ lines.

Supporting the infantry are insurgency strike teams, making common hot drops into hostile territory from Valkyrie transports (though slightly altered to include a spinning rotary blade) followed by heavily armed Vulture Gun ships. This is all supported by common basilisk artillery support and Manticore missile tanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOOD i'm seeing forward to the other fluff cause i'm very courious now. briliant idea about those light units. and a new enemy for the tau to fight against

--fot the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry bout the title deciever, anyway shas, my army is located in a world on the eastern fringe, basically because i predominantly fight tau and tyranids, so anyway. i might make some more fluff, but im concentrating more on my gaming table businesses

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do they stand up against Dark Eldar raiders though?

I'm currently developing a Daemonhunters force and need all the info I can get...

Obi
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Closed Thread