Warhammer 140,000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Warhammer 140,000

You're probably thinking, "eh!?"
    Never fear! -
    I was wondering what would be different from WH40k, if it was in fact WH140k. Do you think the fluff backgrounds would be any different? Or anything on the tabletop.
    All opinions wanted!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be germs fighting, because all other races have been extinct.

*use a spellcheck please* with love Alana
    Last edited by Lady Bastet; August 15th, 2005 at 06:09.
    My hate is contagious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would not be differnt becuase GW cant even show how just 40 000 years would change war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by JürgenMaïster
    I think it might be germs fighting, because all other races have been exhtingt.
    The dinosaurs are extinct, but other things live today. I too meant how would GW represent it? Would the models be better? Have faced an explosion making everything primitive? Who knows!?

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

I think it'll be the same, 'cept the Tau will be even more uber-techy and the eldar will be extinct. Thats about it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Actually they already made that game. It's called Warhammer Fantasy Battles because everything in the universe blasted each other to death and only this tiny little planet is left.

btw, this is a JOKE and is not the official line of GW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

Ha!
    GW tells me they are in completely different universes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced53
    Ha!
    GW tells me they are in completely different universes.
    They are now, yes, but Warhammer and Warhammer 40k weren’t always apart like that. In the good old pre-Rogue Trader days, you could get 40k weapons and troops in Fantasy, and Fantasy was claimed to be a planet in the 40k universe, although more or less cut off from the rest of the galaxy by a vicious warpstorm. In the even older days, Fantasy was indeed said to happen after 40k, when all races had destroyed each other and the final battles were fought out in the post-nuclear wastelands of the last inhabitable planet in the galaxy. H0urg1ass, I don’t think it was actually a joke; a friend of mine who’s been in the hobby forever claims to have read about it in a White Dwarf magazine.

Anyway, those were the days when each 40k race had a matching Fantasy race. Now, of course, it seems unlikely, since some of the 40k races are not represented anymore. If Fantasy were actually the end of 40k, it would mean that the Tau, Tyranids and Necrons had been destroyed previously. Necrons are the only race that actually could survive on barren planets, though, so they might be absent because they’ve gone into hibernation again, waiting for new life forms to arise that they can kill. As for Tyranids and Tau, I guess they could have gone extinct. Tau are relatively few, so destroying them would not be a big problem for a determined enemy, and since we don’t know how many Hive Fleets are out there, I guess they could stop coming at some point, and the Tyranid race be wiped out too. And then we’d have a match.

As for my own theory about the universe 140,000 years from now, I can’t begin to even guess. Many new races could have evolved in that time; Tau only needed 2000 years to go from their stone age to have technology better than even the Imperium’s. Or the Necrons or Tyranids could have wiped the galaxy clean of life, who knows? I certainly don’t. :p

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

Many interesting points. I once could see a link between Fantsasy Races and 40k Races, but not so much anymore.

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says Tau Aren't from Cathay? Nah they couldn't be anyway because all the races in fantasy have an original fantasy background except lizardmen and skaven.

As for wahammer 140,000 thousand well it depends on what you mean. IF it was just the future of the 41st mellinium then i would see a bleak future with lots of dead stuff. BUt if there was never any 40k i reckon they would have made it a brighter future with lots of happy stuff.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast