Valdoran 2nd - First Draft - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valdoran 2nd - First Draft

Valdoran 2nd - This is my first attempt at fluff...how is it?

Valdora is a very lightly populated agricultural planet. 6 Huge sprawling cities are the only sign that humans have even been on the planet. Valdora is home to a special breed of tree that can grow from seed to its full height in 2 years. This leads to 2 things. One, the forest itself must be kept back in order to protect the cities. If a few stray seedlings take root at the border, the city may not have very long before it has a small forest growing inside it. This also leads to there a huge wildlife population, since there is always forest to protect them.

Valdora was first colonized during the Great Crusade. Many people who were brought to it were members of the Imperial Army, since they were needed to keep the vicious wildlife and forest in check. As a result, the society that built up around the world had two groups, those who harvested the lumber and those who protected the harvesters.

It was only a few hundred years before the first Imperial Army Regiment was formed from Valdorans. The Valdoran 1st was a pride the Emperor, and they worked with the Raven Guard Legion to claim worlds for the Emperor. Due to its low population, the Valdorans were only required to contribute one Regiment to the Imperial Army.

During the Horus Heresy, the Valdorans fought valiantly with the Raven Guard Chapter to keep worlds from falling to the Traitor Legions. Even as the Valdoran 1st and the Raven Guard desperately clung to entire systems, word of the Siege of Terra reached them. In order to protect both the Emperor and the Imperium, someone had to go to aid the Defenders of Terra. Major General Aldirus Walins told the Raven Guard that the Valdoran 1st would defend what they had claimed, while the Raven Guard could try and make it to Terra before it was too late.

Mere hours after the ships of the Raven Guard left, entire planets erupted in civil war. While the Valdorans fought bravely and well, they were eventually consumed by the traitorous planets.

After the Horus Heresy, Valdora was forgotten. Left to their own designs, the planet flourished. They beat back the forest to keep it contained to about half the size it was before. Since there were no demands for exporting of lumber, harvesting came to almost a complete stop. However, a full half of the population moved into the forest. Over several thousand years, conflict brewed between the city dwellers and the forest people. Occasional armed conflict occurred, but otherwise enmity was the only result.

In Mk40.362, Valdora was rediscovered by the Imperium. They landed small forces of Kasrkin to secure the planet. Completely unsuspecting, and outmaneuvered, the planet fell to the Cadian 14th quickly. A mere 150 years later, after being properly reintroduced into the Imperial Doctrine, the Valdoran 2nd was formed and pressed into service for the Emperor. Being such a new regiment, and its disappearance from the Imperium occurring during a questionable time, the Inquisition has assigned several platoons of Storm Troopers to the Regiment, in order to keep an eye on them. After so long of surviving with only the weaponry they were able to produce themselves, many of the city dwelling Valdorans took an immediate interest in the heavier weapons. The forest dwelling Valdorans conversely seemed very interested in the short range devastation of Melta Guns and Plasma Guns. With the Storm Troopers keeping the animosity down between the City people and the Forest people, the Valdorans have been set upon the Universe to use their well trained and hard earned skills against the Enemies of the Imperium.

Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good except for one bit, the planet was forgotten?? There are ussually reasons for that, ussually warp storms cutting planets off from the rest of the imperium or occassionally records of the planet stripped from the imperial library or some other phenomea, but i dont believe it would take 10000 years to remember it stumble across it unless under some special circumstances. Good otherwise.
    "Battlecannon shells are falling on my head but that doesn't mean i soon will be dead nannanana" A tribute to that terminator sweet 2+ save.

And then there as those days when it gets hosed down with some plasma.......as it happened today damn you tau crisis suits!! :mad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought about that. Its not so much that it was forgotten I suppose. More that there probably isn't must call for lumber, and so the Imperium was in no rush to reclaim the planet. Warp Storms are cool, but I don't think that Warp Storms just pop up like that.

The Imperium was aware of them, but they were VERY low priority to bring back into the fold.

Unless there's a better reason, other than warp storms, for them to have seperate from the Empire.
    Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easy for a planet to be forgotten, universe huge, the Adminstratium "loses" planets all the time, there are entire worlds given over to the adminstration of agencys that haven't existed for thousands of years, Libary Worlds which have been destroyed, systems settled then the colonist abandoned due a clerical error deep in the past etc etc The Adminstratium is the hugest and most inefficent burearacy ever to exist, except the DVLA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true the administratum loses or forgets planets all the time but since it was conquered during the great crusade which was what 10000 years ago? it would not lose it for that long as i said it is most likely that either warpstorms which isnt the case or library errors like the way the techpriests have lost so much powerfull knowledge since the dark age of technology which gave the birth to all the STC such as the one for the tank known as the landraider.

And about warpstorms there are many reasons and many mysteries on when why and how they happen, sometimes it happens when the forces of chaos plan an invasion, maybe an eldar webgate malfunction etc. but then there are those which are even more mysterious such as the storm of the emperor's wraith..crippled the treachorous High Lord Vandire's fleet if it didnt he might have gone so far as taking the imperium for himself.

Anyway perhaps the imperium's resources were to stretched to reclaim it as is the case now of the imperium having spread out it is being besieged by all sides it would eventually fall but GW aint gonna let that happen are they?
    "Battlecannon shells are falling on my head but that doesn't mean i soon will be dead nannanana" A tribute to that terminator sweet 2+ save.

And then there as those days when it gets hosed down with some plasma.......as it happened today damn you tau crisis suits!! :mad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Good stuff.. I'm really liking some of your ideas.

I have no problem with the planet being forgotten. After all, the Imperium was utterly devastated by the Horus Heresy, and its survival was in serious question. A large number of planets did break off, despite the Primachs trying to hold things together.

I don't think it would take 10,000 years to refind it though unless it was right on the outer edges of the galaxy, once the Imperium reorganized, they quickly rediscovered most of the lost worlds.

Also, the Raven Guard didn't really fight in the heresy, because they were almost totally wiped out at Istvaan. Only a few marines survived. Also, they weren't a chapter back then, they were a legion.

+ Reply to Thread