The Hawk Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hawk Guard

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

The Hawk Guard

THE HAWK GUARD

The Hawk guard are a renowned Chapter, known for there deeds in battle, and there legendary bravery.
    Presently, the chapter is ruled by Master Commander Zacharias, whose deeds have been recorded at the Battle of the long night , where the Hawk Guard fought at there home world Gaia
    They are a somber chapter, not fearing death, knowing it’s the only release they will know. Notably this change in emotion came after the destruction of there home world.
    Before this they were pride filled, spreading the word of the emperor every where they went, always upholding his honour.

There home planet, Gaia, was once a lush, beautiful world, covered in rain forests in oceans. They shared the planet with humans, whom they recruit from for there neophytes.
    In his haste, Zacharias overlooked his home world when he dedicated the 3rd, 4th, 1st, 5th
    Companies to aid the black templars on a crusade, also moving the reserve companies closer to the eye of terror to keep watch, Leaving the 2nd and 10th company to maintain guard Gaia
    When he returned, he discovered that the whole of his home world was covered in festering swamps, and Nurgle’s minions had overthrown his control of the planet.
    The 2nd and 10th company, along with the entire human population was obliterated by the surprise assault of the Death Guard.
    Zacharias launched a drop pod assault on his own home world.
    Horror overwhelmed his forces, yet they fought unflinchingly against the death guard.
    After 3 long years, Zacharias had finally cleansed all of the Nurgle scum from his home world. Zacharias managed to restore the 2nd company to full strength, however he did not restore the scout company, prefering to test the initiates himself to see if they were worthy of being a battle brother.
    During the battle for Gaia, a terminator squad gained renown for the chapter with there deeds.
    The squad is Terminator squad Destruction. Alone they held off the forces of Nurgle from the Monastery on the planet for a month, waiting for reinforcements.
    The terrible battle took its toll on Gaia, leaving it a lone and barren rock, a scarred, maimed world, where it had once been beautiful.
    The Hawk Guards emotions and attitude to life changed after this, giving them there somber attitude that they know have.

There Gene seed comes from the chapter of Salamanders, whom begrudgingly gave there gene seed away. In battle the Tactical marines will commonly shout “PURGE THE HERETIC!!? or “FOR VULCAN!!? as a war cry

Flamers, plasma guns and melta guns are the preferred weapon of the chapter, for they purify the unclean and unholy.
    In battle the army relies heavily upon its terminators to deep strike and disrupt the enemy, whilst in rhinos the army advances, supported by bikes who cover there flanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Is the planet you made close to the Eye of Terror? And do they still have the 2nd and 10th companies? Anyway on the whole very nice, and different from most other custom chapters fluff people write.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The only thing I can find really wrong, IMO (I'm not a fluff master so more might come ) is this part:

Quote Originally Posted by bonjordo
    The Hawk guard are a renowned Chapter, known for there deeds in battle, and there legendary bravery.
    If so, why haven't I heard of them? Why aren't they mentioned in GW fluff? etc. etc.

Besides that, I think you should explain why the Salamanders, of all the Chapters, gave their geneseed away. As there are no known successor Chapters, that might need a little more explaining and such.

Hawk Guard sounds a bit more like it'd have it's roots in Raven Guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

yeah these problems did arise. you havent heard of them before because they are my own chapter, know to me and my friends.....

the whole salamanders thing.... i was debating raven guard and dark angels, but salamanders (with the whole flamers, metlas and plasma's) fitted more. and explains why the begrugdingly gave it away.

and yes there planet is close to the eye of terror......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

yeah these problems did arise. you havent heard of them before because they are my own chapter, know to me and my friends.....

the whole salamanders thing.... i was debating raven guard and dark angels, but salamanders (with the whole flamers, metlas and plasma's) fitted more. and explains why the begrugdingly gave it away.

and yes there planet is close to the eye of terror......
    Well, you said they are a renowned chapter, so my chapter would have heard of them. But they haven't heard of them, I can guarantee this to you.

And that doesn't explain why the Salamanders did it. It just states that they did do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

well you know.... so

i will iron out kinks, but maybe the salamanders were ordered to by the high lords of terra?

help me with ideas, if you do, then you get my no prize. which is an invisible statue that with my pychic powers instantly transports into your possesion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The designation 'renowned' doesn't seem too odd for me, all space marine chapters are likely renowned in their own part of space, or on planets where they've fought, for example. However, the way you've phrased it does seem to make it sound like they're right up there with the ultramarines.

I'd avoid saying the planet was attacked by the death guard, since the likely force composition for a chaos force of that nature is likely 1 squad of death guardsmen to 100 squads of mewling traitors and cultists. 'Forces of nurgle' is more general. Remeber, the death guard are tough to kill, but once they die, that's it.. the legion won't be replacing them for a good long while.

As for the salamanders.. the creation of all new chapters must be sanctioned by the high lords of terra. Chapters don't have any control over whether the High Lords use their geneseed for new foundings, since they have to donate it constantly anyway. This means that the Salamanders didn't 'give their geneseed away', they have been donating it to mars since their inception, but the high lords never saw fit to use it to found a chapter from.

Remember however that there are foundings from which the records are lost, the cursed and dark foundings, for example. It's possible the salamanders have a successor chapter from those periods, however, noone (save possibly the chapter itself) would know their origin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

thanks. those are some good ideas.. i award you a no prize.

the chapter was disgusted when it found out that the highlords of terra decided that they would create a new chapter using salamander geneseed, to help guard the eye of terror??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

thanks. those are some good ideas.. i award you a no prize.

the chapter was disgusted when it found out that the highlords of terra decided that they would create a new chapter using salamander geneseed, to help guard the eye of terror??
    I think I'd just go with the fact that their geneseed was used, without them even knowing it. I doubt the priests over at Mars would just be like "yo guess wut sala's? we used ur seed! hahahaha!" I think they'd just use it and not really mention it.

^_^

That does raise a quick question, if anyone who knows would bother to answer: Would this make them a successor chapter to the Salamanders, or just a chapter with their geneseed?

I could see them mixing the Salamanders geneseed with Ultramarines or Crimson Fists, also. I heard somewhere that they mix geneseeds, and Ultramarines/Crimson (or Imperial) Fists seem to be some of the most stable geneseed in the galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

im thinking they will be full salamanders......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast