Fluffy question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluffy question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluffy question

Is it logical for people to leave a world...say cadia for example and go to another system and set up in a new world? Just wondering for an idea I had for fluff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would have to leave from a high tech world and one that knows of the Emperor as The Emperor, instead of the sun god or something. Cadia would be a good example and would work in my opinion except that they are in a perpetual state of martial law. (As I understand it) So it would be hard for a plain old person to leave but I think it could happen.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it work for another world though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have to be a high tech world that is not invovled in a war.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

If you're talking colonisation, it'd probably need to be cleared with the High Lords (at least) before it was done, to avoid any undesirable contamination (probably warranting an Inquisitorial presence). And then you would have the Imperial Commander of that world kicking up a fuss about exactly who was sent, unless it was dictated to him/her from above. I'd imagine they'd want some family or business connections over in the new world, unless they have a reason for being snobbish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about traveling to a unclaimed world? THen they colonised(spelling) it? This done over time of coarse.

My idea is that some world a certain type of people were beign treated bad so this pretty large population some how got up and went somewhere else. Could this happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, a planet-sized population would need a big ship. Even if it's only a few million, that's a vertiable starfleet. Now, they may steal the ships from the docks of whatever planet they are fleeing, but then that's technically rebellion or at least civil disobedience on a mass scale. You couldn't just expect them to set up shop on some uninhabitated agri-world and not expect Imperial soldiers there the next week to collect unpaid taxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle
    Well, a planet-sized population would need a big ship. Even if it's only a few million, that's a vertiable starfleet. Now, they may steal the ships from the docks of whatever planet they are fleeing, but then that's technically rebellion or at least civil disobedience on a mass scale. You couldn't just expect them to set up shop on some uninhabitated agri-world and not expect Imperial soldiers there the next week to collect unpaid taxes.
    Interesting, is it easy not track someone to another system? Maybe thats how they run away and never be found. Or can this group call on the imperim and get permission to move?

If anyone has any ideas please post them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

They can get permission from somewhere (I'd guess the High Lords, like I said in my previous post), but it won't be retroactive in the slightest. If they run away before asking, the best they can expect is a las round in the head as opposed to one in the stomach.

As far as tracking goes, I'm not sure. Does anyone know whether such a thing is possible (Ã* la Star Trek's "warp signatures" for example)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Well as tracking goes from what we can see in for instance the Eisenhorn trilogy, they track a fleet of warships as it jumps into and out of warp...following their warp wake or something similar.

Now, I'd say it would be possible for some high up planetary lord to break away from the Imperium provided he had enough people on his side. They could theoretically load alot of people onto warships and scamper off.
    But...
    This is not a case of "oh well, let them go". No...we're talking hunted down and executed with a fork. So, if these people were being oppressed and they had no backing from the army or someone high up then the best they could hope for is to perhaps scrounge money one by one and buy fare off-world and make their way somewhere, somehow.

You could ofcourse have it so that these people were being mistreated and were kindoff castoffs and then they were sent to do some dirty work but got lost and crashed on some planet (ala Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel). But again, they can't just be gypsy like people, they need atleast several ships (doubt the Brotherhood Airships would work here )

So, give us some more background on these people and we can for sure help (y)

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast