Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
1) Can I get some detailed fluff about what happens at the assault on Terra?
2) What about Istavaan IV (or however it is spelled)?
3) What Legions were present on Terra? On Istavaan IV?
4) Can anyone help me come up with "mock" Legions, instead of the real ones?
The reason I ask this is because a paintball field that I go to for scenario paintball games gets its ideas from its players. So. This is my idea.
Help with special rules would be nice too! Thanks.
1. Detailed fluff i can type out the entire story for you. But a quick rundown without actual names is basically 2 starports were capture on Terra. The assault took place.....long seige battles and fighting all over the planet...titan vs titan, marine vs. marine. Sangunuis took on big ole Bloodthirster cracked him over the knee yadda yadda, Horus was losing so said bring it on Emperor , Horus kills the angel, emperor fights Horus and kills him, Emperor goes into golden retirement throne.Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
2. Istavaan Traitors tricked 3 or 4 other legions Salamanders, Iron Hands, Raven Guard and i think im missing another one. Killed by Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Black Legion, Night Stalkers, Death Guard. Few marines of the traitor legion escaped to warn Emperor, picked up by Imperial Fists.
3. Terra: Good Guys: Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, and White Scars. Also had help from Sisters of Silence and Custodes Guards. Bad Guys: Black Legion, Iron Warriors, World Eaters and Emperors Children, however EC didnt really fight they went around slaughter the population and have massive orgies. Ultramarines were in Calth system fighting World Bears. Space Wolves were off fighting 1k Sons. Dark Angels were Fighting Dark Angels. Istavaan already listed...were 7 but i thought the Black Legion was there as well.
Sorry this is very short and not detailed but im at work so i couldnt type to much if even check typos
1. Go to Google and type in Fluff Bible. Click on the first link. They have the BEST Horus Heresey info on the web.
2. I would try googleing this one.
3. I think you meant Night LORDS.
4. You want to make a DIY chapter. Just post what you think you want them to be like and we will help as much as possible. Also take a look at the trait system. That is a good place to start.
<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!
Why make a DIY chapter about the Siege? All the legions that were there are accounted for.
This is actually completely wrong, this is not what I had in mind.Originally Posted by Xerxes
What I have in mind is a scenario paintball game based on the Horus Heresy. The biggest problem that I run into is the fact that any 40k fan that plays at this game will know which of his teammates (if he is Loyalist) will turn on him at some point in the game. Check out the thread "Thoughts?" in General and Off-Topic.
I would like to just ask:
1) What Legions were present (please specify Traitor, Loyalist, or Loyalist TO Traitor) on Istvaan V?
2) Who was leading these two separate armies?
3) Can it be confirmed that it is Istvaan V, and not something else? I saw this name online.
(edited due to dumbness)
Last edited by capt. slaughter; September 3rd, 2005 at 01:22.
LO ANZAC clan
"death to the low grade hive minds of the filthy xenos scum! flay them...our supplies are low" capt. slaughter, acting capt. of the Unknown 2nd company.
WHY don't you have anything to drink??? CHOOSE one making you BETTER feeling!
i am the supreme dominator
According to the Horus Heresy: Volume III book, the following Legions were present on Istvaan V:Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
Loyalists, led by Ferrus Manus:
Word Bearers (loyalist to traitor)
Iron Warriors (loyalist to traitor)
Alpha Legion (loyalist to traitor)
Night Lords (loyalist to traitor)
Traitors, led by Horus:
Sons of Horus
Istvaan V is the location of the Dropsite Massacre where the last Traitor Legions revealed themselves to the loyalists, and which is generally considered the first battle of the Horus Heresy. Put very shortly, the story of the battle is that Rogal Dorn, on behalf of the Emperor, asked Ferrus Manus to take seven Space Marine Legions and put an end to Horusâ€™ rebellion. Ferrus Manus saw a chance to get even with Fulgrim, whom he loathed for trying to turn him over to Chaos on an earlier occasion, and charged in with the Salamanders and Raven Guard, confident that the other four Legions would hold the dropsite for them. Horus tricked them with a mock retreat, then turned around and attacked again when Ferrus Manus overstretched his forces to pursue the traitors, and as the loyalists retreated to the supposedly secured dropsite, they were attacked from behind by the four Legions they had thought their allies, and were massacred.The problem with the 40k fluff is that Games Workshop isnâ€™t really keen on exact dates. The Horus Heresy is supposed to be more or less a myth in the year of 40,000 AD, and certainly there are few left who can remember anything about the actual event (and most of them arenâ€™t the kind of people youâ€™d have a discussion on historical events with anyway.) The Heresy is said to have taken place in M31, and according to the Critical Hit timeline, the assault on Terra was in 014.M31. Since the Istvaan V massacre took place only shortly before the actual assault, Iâ€™m afraid this is as close to an actual date as I can get.Originally Posted by Lost NemesisWeâ€™re here, no worries. Just a bit slower now that school has begun again, Iâ€™m afraid. Please bear with us, weâ€™re only human beings (well, most of us anyway.)Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
"Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.