How do CSM get new recruits? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do CSM get new recruits?

I'm a IG player who is always fighting against my friend a CSM player. I was figuring out last time all the casualties we have inflicted upon one another and i guess i have no idea how the CSM replace there lost men. Can someone tell me?

"Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as far as I can recall CSM get new recruits in several ways:

1) like their Imperial counterparts, they induct particularly promising chaos worshippers from Chaos Worlds. The two main differences is that there's only on Apothecary for CSM; Fabius Bile- he's not associated with any Legion, and made a pact to keep him safe that basically goes he gets to live free if he maintains the geneseed for each Legion and implants it into new recruits. The second difference is the process isn't monitored; unless the recruit has the pysical and mental strength to 'ride out' the process, he turns into a mutant monster.

2) Fabius Bile supposedly also clones existing CSM.

3) SM who go renegade wander into the Eye and join up.
    The Grand Necromagus of the LO Codex: Necromancers Design Team.

The Supreme Lance Leader of the Codex: Wasters Design Team.

Cruelty has a Human Heart
    And Jealousy a Human Face
    Terror, the Human Form Divine
    And Secrecy, the Human Dress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input. here is some rep for you. Also if there is only one guy, how does he keep up with the demands? Also if he does all of the legions, i didn't think all of the legions get along.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

They don't, but, he's the only CSM, IMO who can do it. Also it's how he stays alive, everyone wants him dead, but, everyone needs him and no one can cooperate long enough to figure out how to make do with out him. I believe the phrase is "catch 22".
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The chaos legions have no geneseed worth preserving.. they cannot implant it into other marines. The recipients would simply mutatate and die. Geneseed is exceptionally fragile, and 10,000 years in the eye of terror means its simply unusable.

Thus, they do one of a few things..

They steal gene seed from the Imperium.. This is extremely difficult, but some legions (I know the Iron Warriors do) keep stocks of loyalist gene seed.

Fabius bile uses unknown chemical processes he has discovered and stolen to turn normal humans into deranged, super strong, super tough monsters. They aren't real marines, but they're as physically capable, if not a psychologically or genetically stable.

It states in the Chaos codex that, after an assassination attempt, Fabius has agreed to share some of his knowledge with the chaos space marine legions. Thus, it's possible they're producing some kind of recruits on their own now, as well.

However, chaos space marines (in the fluff not the rules) don't die very often. Think about all the advantages and general 'kewlness' a regular space marine displaysin all the hundreds of bits of fluff published about them, and add to that the favour and gifts of the chaos gods and 10,000 years of combat experience.

And that's just the grunts.. I'm quite sure the real favoured ones, like Kharn and Lucius, actually can't die provided they keep the goodwill of their divine patrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    However, chaos space marines (in the fluff not the rules) don't die very often. Think about all the advantages and general 'kewlness' a regular space marine displaysin all the hundreds of bits of fluff published about them, and add to that the favour and gifts of the chaos gods and 10,000 years of combat experience.

And that's just the grunts.. I'm quite sure the real favoured ones, like Kharn and Lucius, actually can't die provided they keep the goodwill of their divine patrons.
    Yeah, when a model is removed it doesn't automatically mean it's dead, just unable to keep fighting.

I mean when a guardsman model is removed you can assume about 30% of the time he is actually dead or mortally wounded. I would think in an average battle (with about 40-50 CSM in it) none of the CSM casualties are actually finally dead. Maybe 1 in 1000 removed CSM models is a true fatality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik
    Yeah, when a model is removed it doesn't automatically mean it's dead, just unable to keep fighting.

I mean when a guardsman model is removed you can assume about 30% of the time he is actually dead or mortally wounded. I would think in an average battle (with about 40-50 CSM in it) none of the CSM casualties are actually finally dead. Maybe 1 in 1000 removed CSM models is a true fatality.
    Well id like to think when i hit a CSM with a powerfist, lascannon, or melta that he stays down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

We would all love to see that be true, but then every enemy of chaos will pop out meltas, lascannons, and powerfists...
    I believe chaos marines removed as casualties die more or less 1/500 instead of 1000 though. (Each legion at 50000 min means that even if the losses were higher, they still wouldn't notice it.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic has been done many times. I will however, repeat what i have said before.

Chaos marines do not always die. They can also be resurrected by one of their gods. They recruit from cultists.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Fabius bile uses unknown chemical processes he has discovered and stolen to turn normal humans into deranged, super strong, super tough monsters. They aren't real marines, but they're as physically capable, if not a psychologically or genetically stable.
    Personally i'm of the oppinion that Fabius Bile's little creations are Space Marines since he got his hands on the tech that was used to make the Cursed Founding. Rules may not necessarily equate to fluff but his Warriors are a LOT like Cursed Knights rules wise.
    I still hate Twiglets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast