Evil Ig idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evil Ig idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evil Ig idea

I was talking to a friend about what army list he can make( he is still looking for an army his likes play style wise) and we were talking about marines and I really hate marines (my store had alot of them and mocked anyone who played a non +3 armor army, long story) and I realised why am helping the Imperium if I always refused to paly anything that isnt human ( or low armor).

Anyway is it possible for 1) a world to be bad (or evil) towards there enemy but be peaceful among each other? 2) Is it possible for a radical inquisiter to be so radical that he ends up worshipping a chaos god? 3) Is it possible for this world to last long being evil or bad?

Im kinda trying to make a Lost and the Damned type army with IG and DH. I like LotD but there list and fluff seem like meaningless peons. I want my boys to be a step higher then that.

Please would like to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Is this following your previous thoughts on migrating the lower classes?

But yes, there are worlds so corrupt that they are just outright chaos. I'd say that the normal IG list can function for that just fine. LaTD list represents more of an advanced stage of planets that might fall to chaos worship. Mutations start to happen, all semblance of order is removed except for order through force.

but for your points.

1.) Yes, ofcourse. Look at the Imperium Look at any nation on Earth (in real life). We can be very evil towards other people but nice to each other. So no problem there. Oh also read the book "Pawns of Chaos" for a brilliant view into the mindset of Chaos followers...throughout the book I was wondering "Who am I rooting for here? Who am I feeling sorry for?!"

2.) I'd say yes, but (and that's important) he'd perhaps not realize it himself OR he might be doing it since he can't do anything else. He might have done something so horrific, so radical, that his only refuge is in the worship of X chaos god or entity.

3.) It is...but it needs order. If you allow chaos worship willy nilly...then you'll have problems in the long term. Khornate fight cults, Slaanesh pleasure harems, Nurgle..ehh..."ooky mouth" competitions and Tzeentchian "What I morphed this morning" meetings. It needs some overall control, management, resupply etc.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

1) That's Imperial philosophy, kiddo. Do unto others before they do unto you.

2) It does happen.. Inquisitors are in a perfect position to be corrupted, so I think it's inevitable that some of them are. However, just to disappoint, there are no Chaos grey knights. Grey knights are utterly uncorruptable. Not one has ever fallen to the service of chaos in the entire history of the order.

3) If they have some powerful help, yes.. If they're an Imperial world, then sure thing. If they're a chaos world within the eye of terror, again, they can expect a long life. If they're just a random non-Imperial society somewhere they can expect some pretty rough treatment if they ever become a serious threat to anyone.

Rather than grey knights.. consider using the lost and the damned list and adding chaos marines. It doesn't neccesarily have to be chaos marines as such, it could be a chapter which has become infested by Xenos parasites or genestealers, or has just abandoned the Imperium altogether.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; September 22nd, 2005 at 17:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    1) That's Imperial philosophy, kiddo. Do unto others before they do unto you.

2) It does happen.. Inquisitors are in a perfect position to be corrupted, so I think it's inevitable that some of them are. However, just to disappoint, there are no Chaos grey knights. Grey knights are utterly uncorruptable. Not one has ever fallen to the service of chaos in the entire history of the order.

3) If they have some powerful help, yes.. If they're an Imperial world, then sure thing. If they're a chaos world within the eye of terror, again, they can expect a long life. If they're just a random non-Imperial society somewhere they can expect some pretty rough treatment if they ever become a serious threat to anyone.

Rather than grey knights.. consider using the lost and the damned list and adding chaos marines. It doesn't neccesarily have to be chaos marines as such, it could be a chapter which has become infested by Xenos parasites or genestealers, or has just abandoned the Imperium altogether.
    I wasn't going to use Grey Knights. I hate GK always will always have. I was thinking more along the lines of Daemon host, but modeling them as free Daemons. Also I was thinking of my Inqusiter studing the "doctrines" of the Word Beaers and worships the use of all four gods. So his retuine would be made up of daemon. Like Warriors would be Bloodletters and the Acolye will be Plaugebearers, etc.

Also I said I didn't like LotD because they have too much of a poen of chaos type feel. I want a human army that is elite, like a jsut a tad small step from being chaos marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your thinking of something along the lines of the Blood Pact from Dan Abnetts excellant series- elite, human, Chaos-worshippers who are trained according to imperial combat doctrines, are equipped to the same standard as IG troops and are fanatical in their devotion to chaos. They had an Ordo Malleus article in a WD a couple of years back, and can be played using the LatD list.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Yeah, IG can be used to represent traitor guard. They just aren't particularly Chaotic (yet), and so won't have any mutations or the ability to summon dæmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetothesun
    I like LotD but there list and fluff seem like meaningless peons. I want my boys to be a step higher then that.
    You won't get humans that're higher up than that. There is nothing that a basic human can do that a Traitor Marine cannot do as good or better. They will always be treated like scum, because there are far more capable options around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww thats lame. Well i guess they can be like the Blood Pact but I kinda liked the idea of a Daemon Retiune. Game wise is that legal? Cause Ill it anyway and just goive a short reason why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    You won't get humans that're higher up than that. There is nothing that a basic human can do that a Traitor Marine cannot do as good or better.
    Except appear in numbers..

The Blood Pact are a perfect example of an elite traitor army (They're actually better than standard guardsmen. Check out the doctrines article on the IG website.. it has great pictures, and suggests using IG grenadiers to represent them.)

It's the nature of chaos.. you need a lot of weak scum to die, but for every million who do, a few crazed psychopaths will climb, triumphant to the top of the mound of bodies. You could have a traitor army composed of the survivors of many different lost and the damned hordes, if nothing else.

In fact, I'd suggest that the longer a traitor remains alive and the stronger he prooves himself, the more his god favours him, so the harder he becomes to kill.

And Odetothesun, there's nothing to stop you using daemon models. But you can't use their rules. Also, make sure it makes sense.. a IG vet with a plasma gun is not going to make your opponent happy if it's proxied by a bloodletter.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; September 25th, 2005 at 02:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Except appear in numbers..

The Blood Pact are a perfect example of an elite traitor army (They're actually better than standard guardsmen. Check out the doctrines article on the IG website.. it has great pictures, and suggests using IG grenadiers to represent them.)

It's the nature of chaos.. you need a lot of weak scum to die, but for every million who do, a few crazed psychopaths will climb, triumphant to the top of the mound of bodies. You could have a traitor army composed of the survivors of many different lost and the damned hordes, if nothing else.

In fact, I'd suggest that the longer a traitor remains alive and the stronger he prooves himself, the more his god favours him, so the harder he becomes to kill.

And Odetothesun, there's nothing to stop you using daemon models. But you can't use their rules. Also, make sure it makes sense.. a IG vet with a plasma gun is not going to make your opponent happy if it's proxied by a bloodletter.
    Oh no that out of the question. It was for my Inqusiter's retunie only.

+ Reply to Thread