Good Campaign Ideas for 40K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Evil von Doomstein's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Campaign Ideas for 40K

You may or may not have seen my post in the fantasy army section, but i have decided to open another thread for 40k, which me and my friends also play. I am looking for some good ideas for a narrated campaign. It will include Word Bearer Chaos Marines, Black Templar, Imperial Guard, Orks, aand renegade Space Marines called the Death Spectres(his fluff is that they were expelled from the Imperium, but still fight against Chaos). Thanks for any ideas given!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Hmm..

The main thing is, every side needs a goal. Or perhaps even some meta-goal which all the sides are working towards. Armies fight a lot in the Imperium, it's true, but the coincidence of having so many marines and things will make much more sense if there is something big for them to aim for.

Here are some ideas for Metaplots:

* A Black Templar ship transporting gene seed to mars has been shot down over an ork infested planet. An Imperial taskforce is trying to reclaim the world from the greenskins, and the Black Templars, seeking to regain the honour of the chapter by recapturing the lost seed, have joined the crusade. However, a word bearer chaos lord, acting on a vision from his gods, has infiltrated the planet in his own quest to recover the geneseed in the hope of creating new recruits from it. The Death Spectres are unaware of the situation, but have been pursuing this chaos lord, and have followed him to the planet. The orks, of course, just want to fight and reclaim their world.

* A powerful chaos artifact has manipulated and lured all the sides there, knowing that the resulting bloodshed will fuel its power and allow it to do something nasty (like destroy the world, release a powerful daemon, or open a warp storm.) The Imperials/renegade marines must figure out a way to stop it while fighting against the other sides, while the word bearers want to harness the power for themselves. The orks just know they're getting a good scrap.

Also, some way needs to be found to separate the black templars and marines. Perhaps one of the guard regiments present could be seduced by the corrupting influence of the artifact (in the latter scenario) or corrupted to chaos (in the former.) That way, you have an excuse to have black templars fighting the guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like Giant Mantis's first idea, about the lost geneseed recovery and such, but i have my own idea:

the Word Bearers have taken up a world which was infested with orks because theres an Chaos Artefact of great power on it (the orks just dont want to lose the planet) and the Death Spectres are after the Word Bearers, cuz they hate Chaos, i'd infer. The Black Templars have intel that the Death Spectres, who'd they view as Chaos/Traitor scum, and the Word Bearers, who are confirmed Chaos/Traitor scum, on the same planet and would think they're join forces against the Imperium, and launch a preemptive strike, and BOOM there you have it.
    This night is wild, so cold and dull, these hearts they race from self control

Carpe Noctem (because Diem is too bright)

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres one:

The Imperial guard garrison on a planet hasnt seen action in ages. An ork warlord hoping to find the planet deserted so he can stage his WAAAAAAAAAAG on Holy Terra (which isnt too far away) lands on the planet. Chaos happens to land on the planet because the chaos worshippers who live in one of the hives there called for them to aid in a revolt agianst the IG. The Black templar are called on to save the IG from being overrun. The renegade SMs overhear this distrressbeacon and go to the aid of the IG as well. I played a similar senario last week, and found that little green soldiers make great cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres one:

The Imperial guard garrison on a planet hasnt seen action in ages. An ork warlord hoping to find the planet deserted so he can stage his WAAAAAAAAAAG on Holy Terra (which isnt too far away) lands on the planet. Chaos happens to land on the planet because the chaos worshippers who live in one of the hives there called for them to aid in a revolt agianst the IG. The Black templar are called on to save the IG from being overrun. The renegade SMs overhear this distrressbeacon and go to the aid of the IG as well. I played a similar senario last week, and found that little green soldiers make great cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The geneseed idea is pretty cool. You could arrange it so that the Word Bearers shot down the Templar ship to engineer the entire conflict. That adds a bit more evil-genius to the storyline.

Senior Member Evil von Doomstein's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definately like the geneseed idea. I think we should expand on that, but other ideas are most definately welcome.

here is my friend's renegade marines fluff, incase it helps with coming up with good fluff.

my friend says they are one of the cursed foundings. They are loyal to the Imperium and the Emperor, but they have done somehting (I'm not sure what, something like breaking a doctrine, or something similar). so now, they have been kicked out of the Imperium and are being hunted down. However, the chapters specialty was stealth (he uses infiltrate on all of his men to show this) so they have yet to be caught. They fight Chaos primarily, and me and my friend have incorperated each other's armies in our fluff time to time, such as his Captain Adonis hunting down my Daemon Prince Dark Apostle, Taranis Zerachiel. They loot and sack both the bad guys and the good guys, stealing supplies from Chaos, Orks and Guard, or other marines if necessary to survive, but they still fight for the Imperium.

+ Reply to Thread