My own Craftworld Fluff (Please rate/comment) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own Craftworld Fluff (Please rate/comment)

The Protectors

“Foolish humans. They will soon learn the price of their incompetence.” Thought Farseer Dyannurge as he descended from the tree tops of Tiberoa III. The Eldar of Ir Itloc had much at stake as the servants of the Foolish Emperor closed in. Tiberoa III was one of the many lost Maiden worlds that the Ancient Eldar cultivated so that one day it would become habitable. A young seer frantically made his way towards the Farseer. “Dyannurge. The spiteful Mon-keigh make their way towards us as we speak!” Dyannurge responded, “Do not act so frightened! They are mere humans, a mere nuisance that we will deal with. Just begin the ritual and prepare the troops. A hasty attitude will lead to disaster.” The young seer responded, “Yes sir. As always, you are correct.”

Something troubled the Farseer as he tried to pierce the various threads of fate wrapped around this battle. He knew that the humans would prove difficult to overcome, but something was stirring within the Warp that threatens the whole planet and the neighboring planets. She Who Thirsts was an ever present threat to his race but he was sure that this time Her servants would not trouble them. Another ancient foe from before the Fall was what disturbed his thoughts. The C’Tan and their slaves, the Necrontyr, are somewhere on this planet and that the humans had disturbed their sleep. Soon the time would come for the Eldar to once again face the enemies of the Old Ones. Soon the ancient war would begin anew.

The Craftworld Ir Itloc (The Forest) is one of the smaller vessels associated with the Biel-Tan. Before the Fall, the Biel-Tan Craftworld was one of the most successful trading ships of the Eldar. They sent many, smaller Craftworlds to go to outlying planets and systems that were not on the main trading routes. But after the Fall, the fleet of the Biel-Tan Craftworld was either destroyed, lost or taken over by the Dark Kin. To this day, Ir Itloc still has contact with Biel-Tan and as a result has blended in with the culture and ways of the Biel-Tan Eldar. The vast amounts of Aspect Warriors are a testament to this close bond as the Ir Itloc are constantly called to battle against hordes of Orks, Man and even the Ancient Necrontyr.

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

I would be careful about prescribing pre-Fall activities to known Craftworlds. From what I know, all Craftworlds were purpose-built to flee the Eldar homeworlds before it was too late. As it was, only a few survived. I've never heard of Biel-Tan being a trading vessel.

And I can't see that many trees around a craftworld. They are constructed out of Wraithbone, not natural materials. Although wraithbone trees to exist, they are generally confined to the Dome of Crystal Seers in a craftworld, and if they weren't you'd get Farseers solidifying all over the place, which would be inconvenient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    And I can't see that many trees around a craftworld. They are constructed out of Wraithbone, not natural materials.
    True, but all craftworlds contain vast gardens and arboriums. How else do they supply their occupants with food? An old piece of GW material I once read suggested that it might be cool to set forest battles in one of these domes.

+ Reply to Thread