A commander chaplain?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A commander chaplain??

I have this chaplain and he looks really cool i think. Also i was convinced a while back my force commander ought to look old and honored, well this chaplain fits the bill.

Point wise the diffeence between a DA master and an interigator chaplain is about 10 once you take into account the free weapon and rosarius (i.e. iron halo) so basically the chaplain is a bargain. the stats are all the same too.

Fluff wise, how would a commander-chaplain work? Its for my tenthcompany, scouts if that makes a difference. i mean in all reality the only difference is who i 'say' the leader is, vs. who get the point costs of the real leader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying a Chaplain commanding a force with a DA Master in it? If that DA Master is the captain of the 10th company and there are no other captains in the army and no chapter master, then I would say the captain would hands down be the commander. Each company has its own chaplain but the captain is in command of the company, so I think that explains that. If you are talking instead of a captain, well, I always saw each company's chaplain as being sort of the Captain's right hand man (in addition to other duties) and (in my opinion) would most likely be the 2nd highest ranking person in the company, so perhaps the captain would be busy commanding another force (or a number of forces from the company) and have put the chaplain in charge of your force.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

If this is purely a fluff-question then it would work perfectly.

According to the Insignium Astartes the Tenth Company consists of an undefined number of scout squads supported by bikes, a Captain, a Chaplain and an Apothecary.

This means that apart from these guys you are allowed no other characters (no Librarians, Techmarines or Standard Bearers).
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Oh... And as for how to field him I would suggest you mount him on a bike so he doesn't get left behind when the rest of your army takes off..

Remember that a Chaplain is best in the thick of the battle.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This means that apart from these guys you are allowed no other characters (no Librarians, Techmarines or Standard Bearers).
    Actually only no standard bearer, since the 10th company (for obvious reasons) does not have its own standard. The Librarians and Techmarines don't come from the companies anyways, they come from the Chapter's Librarium (I think that's what it's called...can't get to my book right now) and Armory, respectively. None of the companies have their own, it isn't just the 10th.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure why not, Generals shouldent be left an office desk when they grow old, they should be out in the field with their warriors.

Heck why not, you allready said it... it's a fluff question what can stop you?
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck why not, you allready said it... it's a fluff question what can stop you?
    I think he is asking more about the fluff of whether such an arrangement would work and if so how?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Actually only no standard bearer, since the 10th company (for obvious reasons) does not have its own standard. The Librarians and Techmarines don't come from the companies anyways, they come from the Chapter's Librarium (I think that's what it's called...can't get to my book right now) and Armory, respectively. None of the companies have their own, it isn't just the 10th.
    Yes you are right but even though Librarians and Techmarines come from different places they are still assigned to certain companies. All companies have a Librarian and a Techmarine assigned to them except for the Tenth.

There are ten Librarians and ten Techmarines in a Chapter. One for each company and one stationed in the Chapter HQ. The ones in the HQ are the Chief Librarian and the Master of the Forge respectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="BobaHat"]
    There are ten Librarians and ten Techmarines in a Chapter. One for each company and one stationed in the Chapter HQ. The ones in the HQ are the Chief Librarian and the Master of the Forge respectively.
    Did not know that. Thanks for the info! By the way, where did you get that info from? Not the SM Codex, right? (Making sure I didn't miss something in it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

I got some of it from the Insignium Astartes... I dunno... I've just been a fluff-geek for so long I just kinda know these things...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast